1126 Queens Highway North, Long Beach, California, 90802, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Queen Mary Hotel

We stay here for our 5th Wedding Anniversary and being 30 years later married to the same beautiful wonderful man, the Queen Mary is still a gem to me. I recommend to everyone to stay here at least once. We stayed in a room that faced the harbor and having portholes as windows was fun. Note: No screens by the way. I opened ours in the morning and a seagul landed on the porthole ledge. My hubby froze because he thought the bird would fly in, but it didn't because it was looking for a handout like seagulls always do.....lol! The room was nice, comfortable and the bathroom had many of the old fixtures, which was so neat. We dined in a restaurant onboard, but I cannot remember it the name, but it served wonderful seafood and had awesome strawberry margaritas. We had a great time.

ROOM AMENITIES:
    100% non-smoking hotel
    Air-conditioned Staterooms and Suites
    Larger than the average cruise ship room
    Authentic Art Deco dècor
    Original rich wood paneling from all over the world
    Original art work
    iPod docking stations and alarm clock
    32” LCD flat screen TV with satellite and Pay-Per-View movies
    Wi-Fi Internet available (for an extra fee)
    Luxurious Crabtree & Evelyn bath products
    Hair dryer
    Iron/Ironing board
    Pillow Top Perfect Sleeper Serta Mattresses
    Room service

• Ritaroni's Profile Photo

Stay on an Old Fashioned Liner

I have stayed here several times. It is an experience that you wont have on a modern cruise liner. If it is at all possible do try to stay for just one night.

There are 365 rooms including 8 full suites.

Price starts at 185 for a night.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Welcome aboard

No trip to Long Beach is complete without a visit to the Queen Mary.
    One of the largest luxury liners ever built. It has been moored here since 1967.
    There are no lack of attractions aboard, now showing is the Marilyn Monroe exhibit, the largest collection on her artifacts ever assembled.
    Those wishing to drink in the nighttime skyline, might consider a cocktail at the Observation bar.
    If you just can't leave this grand ship, then check-in and spend the night at the hotel.
    Guests do not merely check-in, they stroll aboard, slumber in elegant Art-Deco staterooms, and dine in award-winning restaurants with spectacular ocean views.

Unique Quality: We didn't spend the night here but it looked like a great idea. Maybe another time.

• Alice-Kees's Profile Photo

Stay on a ship -pt II

Here is a picture, that is also to be found somewhere on the wall inside the ship. It shows Queen Mary in the old days leaving Manhattan on a new voyage.

• Alice-Kees's Profile Photo

Stay on a ship!

Just something else than your average Holiday Inn... I didn't actually stay here. We were just shown around, as this ship also functions as a museum.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

A Porthole to Another Time

One can't mention Long Beach without mentioning the Queen Mary Hotel. The ship is permantly docked in the marina and guests can sleep in one of the original 322 staterooms. The Art Deco features are especially impressive in the ships bar located in the bow of the ship.

Unique Quality: It is easy to lose your way in the corriders since they all look the same. The bathtubs are oversized and especially deep.

Some travelers will not be impressed with their accomodations but the style and age of the rooms what sets it apart from modern hotels.

Directions: At the end of the 710 Fwy.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

In keeping with the maritime theme

My personal preference would be to stay aboard the Queen Mary. However, an interesting alternative might be the Dockside Boat & Bed

Unique Quality: These accomodations consist of 4 boats moored in Rainbow Harbor alongside the popular Shoreline Village.The boats do not set sail but remain docked with easy access to restaurants, shopping, downtown and the Aquarium of the Pacific. One of their boats is a replica of a Chinese trawler. The boats offer fabulous view of downtown and the Queen Mary as well as uncomparable privacy.

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Queen Mary

Compares to Hilton or Sheraton.

Unique Quality: Step back into the 1930's. Stay in the Queen Mary suite and act like royalty.

More about Queen Mary Hotel

An insult to historic ocean liners

by TripAdvisor Member Ralph1955

I am a travel agent, and decided to give the Queen Mary Hotel a try for one night on my way back from Hawaii. I was truly disappointed in the total lack of customer service. Since this is the original QM ship, I pictured an experience as if I would have cruised on her in the heyday.
It was anything but. There was nobody to help me with my bags at 10pm when I checked in. The clerk was at best distracted and totally uninterested in helping me. I booked the smallest and cheapest room so I wasn't expecting much. As far as preservation goes, the QM herself is excellent. The bath contained the original fixtures although they had installed modern equipment for use. The bed was okay, not anything to write home about. Carpets were filthy. I wanted to go on guided tours of the ship the next morning. I had to ask 3 different people where the ticket desk was, and not all the tour times are posted. There arent any signs so you never know where you are supposed to go. The tour guides themselves couldnt answer basic questions about the hotel's or tours operation schedule. The gift shops lacked anything interesting. After paying for my night aboard, I wasnt motivated to spend any more money.
The dishes at the Promenade Cafe were dirty and the service there was lackluster. It is a real shame that the staff do not take pride in working on board. Their lack of enthusiasm is a total insult to the QM's legacy.

Art Deco Splendour

I read the reviews on this site before going about the noisy rooms.
Yes, there is a bit of noise between the rooms, but that's about the only drawback to a wonderfully majestic old ship. We used the earplugs given to us on the 'plane flight to the US, and together with a bottle of wine from the Promenade Cafe, these ensured a good night's sleep! To spend a night on the beautiful old Queen is to take a step back in time to an era when service mattered, and no expense was spared in the construction of a ship. The art deco rooms, furnishings and ambience simply cannot be described, and the huge variety of woods used in the fittings defy belief. Such a ship simply couldn't be built nowadays as most of the wood is protected hardwood, so take the tiny bit of noise in your stride and enjoy something totally unique!

Glad we stayed

by TripAdvisor Member nipper23

We just returned from a night on the Queen Mary. Yes the hotel is old and the lighting is dim, but the deluxe room we booked was perfectly adequate. We did hear some noise, but nothing major. The Sunday brunch was wonderful. We also ordered room service for dinner and the food was great and delivered promptly. My only complaint is that the elevators are horribly slow. My husband is in a wheelchair and we had no choice but to use the elevators and they were slow and once they did arrive were more often than not totally full. I probably would not stay here again, but I am glad I stayed at least one night.

Queen Mary, Long beach, CaliforniaQueen Mary, Long beach, California

The Bridge, Queen Mary, Long Beach, CAThe Bridge, Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA

The Queen Mary HotelThe Queen Mary Hotel

The Queen Mary "Hotel"The Queen Mary "Hotel"

Comments