333 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, California, 90802, United States

Westin.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Deise05's Profile Photo

Heavenly place!

I really enjoyed my stay at Westin Long Beach. Me and my husband stayed in there for 5 days. The room was very large (picture) and clean, the temperature could be changed in the room and kept the room comfortable all the time. The beds and shower are trully heaven. The pool was very nice slightly warmed, and the Jacuzzi…ahhhh what a treat! I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Business Traveler's Delight

Good hotel with good service. I found the parking expensive, but may not be bad for the area.

I was in a week long class and had to drive to Torrance each day. I found the traffic to be pretty easy to handle. I was surprised by that, but I did live in Houston for four years. LA traffic moves faster and drivers are more courteous than in Houston.

Unique Quality: I liked my room. The bed really is cozy. The linens smell nice and are very soft and clean.

The location is great. I enjoyed being able to go over and relax on the Queen Mary at night and there is plenty to do nearby.

Directions: Near the Queen Mary

More about Westin Long Beach

Great accommodations, service needs work

by TripAdvisor Member EllBoo

The bed was great as advertised, and the lobby, restaurant, pool, gym and room were all very nice. The location was convenient. The food was very good.

The service was sometimes very good, but often things that should be automatic required a phone call or even two. I was there for 8 days. The first week the valets were very attentive, then during the weekend they didn't bother opening the door and had to be interrupted from their conversation to get the keys.

I had to ask the desk clerk three times to put my companion in a connecting room. She had an identical room down the hall but she insisted she did not have the room next door. It took 20 minutes and a different clerk to realize all they had to do was switch.

Wakeup call was 15 minutes later than I requested, twice.

Housekeeping had to be asked for: coffee condiments, regular coffee (only left decaf one day), water bottle, coffee cups, bathrobe. All on different days.

I turned in laundry one day, and two days later I didn't get it back, and was told it would be delivered "this morning." by that night, I had to ask again.

High Price for Average Experience

by TripAdvisor Member yesyes

I arrived at The Westin a little early for my "3pm Sharp" check-in and self-parked to reduce costs from the expensive vallet. I was kinda regretting that as the carpark is like an oven when its a sunny day - worth the extra $8 for vallet (as long as you dont plan to leave during a busy 'conference' period.

I had my medium sized beagle with me (one of the lures of this hotel is its dog policy) for my visit and my girlfriend was holding his leash by the counter and talking to my dog (as you do lol) as I spoke with Monique and proceeded to check in. I stated on my reservation that i hat a pet.

After a rather unpleasent eperience with this receptionist due to her inability to notice that we had a dog or to read the fact that it said 'has bet' on the reservation. I did not expect such a rude interaction upon arrival.

The room was on the 8th and view of anything but the large resedential building accross the way was average. The bathroom is nicely appointed and the dual head shower is a HIT.

Unfortunately there is no 'his and hers' gowns in the room (you might have to share the one)

Mini bar is the usual waste of time but the actual refridgerator was broken and did no such job of cooling the $3.50 cans of sodas.

The location is a 10 minute walk from plenty of resteraunts and things to do - I must say that Long Beach is one of my facvorite places. This hotel is in such a central and pleasent location. Fortunately, there is a 7-11 about 15 minute round trip for cheaper drinks (do not rely on the shop at the hotel as it is usually closed during business hours.

The pool is not very large and it makes it more like a 'floater' especially when its busy. Fortunately, there werent many kids at all on the night we stayed. The spa is nice and hot :)

Overall I would like to say that this hotel should look at treating its cclients to a more holiday atmosphere rather than treating everyone as a corporate number. A smile is not too much to ask.

This hotel would earn a flat 5/10 on this occasion.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cubfan2323

This was a great hotel. VERY busy with nice lobby, Starbucks in the room, good shampoos, conditioner and lotion. Pool area is also nice. Work out facility has great equipment but is not well ventilated (translation: smells slightly of BO). The hotel is in a great location for walking to restaurants, etc. The surrounding area can be "iffy" interms of safety and crime, but the area close to the hotel is fine. We really enjoyed our stay there. Self parking is $13/day with in and out privileges. Did not eat at the hotel restaurant because there were so many good options nearby. The Rockbottom brewery down the street was quite good and reasonable (for a downtown restaurant).

decent hotel, but not decent hotel staff members

by TripAdvisor Member seattletraveler1

My stay would have been ok if it weren't for the rude clerks at the front desk.
No smile, no aplogy after mistake, leaves you bad impression of the hotel.
The rooms are all right, not too much complaints.

But, if you are used to some good service at other Westin hotels, do not stay here unlesss you get the deal you can't turn down.
All staff members other than the valet parking crew are not so friendly.
If you have to spend more than $150, find other hotel nearby.

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Joanne205

Got a great rate through PriceLine and had a wonderful 2-day stay. All staff from front desk to bartenders were corteous, friendly and efficient. Beds are extremely comfortable and two-head shower is terrific. Great location for walking to shopping/dining venues - Shoreline Village, Pine Avenue, etc.

Unpleasant

by TripAdvisor Member davefraser

For what it's worth:

Sour-faced, grim front desk staff and surly management turn this already overly corporate hotel into a unpleasant and depressing experience. If you're looking for a quintessential California beach hotel, look elsewhere and anywhere but here -- it's like checking into a bank or a post office. Yes, it's that charming.

I booked directly with the hotel (over the phone) and was told that check-in prior to 3:00 p.m. was impossible and that if I wanted the room to be ready when I arrived, I'd have to pay for the night before my scheduled arrival. Which I did. The room, though, wasn't ready when I got there and I had to wait until 2:00 p.m. until a suitable room was found. The manager insisted that I still had to pay for the extra night, which basically forced me to shell out- over $200 just for the "convenience" of checking-in an hour early. Not convenient for my wallet, that's for sure.

The room with "sweeping views of the harbor" pitched by the reservation agent instead had sweeping views of a brick wall. Not a huge deal in and of itself, but definitely annoying when adding this to my already lackluster experience.

Of lesser (sort of) impact: The furntiture looked salvaged, and without getting overtly graphic, a very bad sewage smell throughout the lobby and hallways was a constant companion.

The whole experience was, well, a horror, and I wound up leaving early, spending nearly $600.00 while never even sleeping in the room. Quite a feat. On a funny note, when I pointed this out to the kid who handled my check-out, his response was "Thanks for choosing Westin". Don't thank me so fast kid -- it'll be the last time I make that choice.

* If my dog had fingers, he'd type out a similar review; I chose this hotel because of it's dog-friendly policy (doggie treats, doggie bed, you get the idea). However, the hotel didn't offer these ammenities despite a glossy brochure in the room bragging about them. Disappoint me, fine; disappoint my dog and I'm outta here!

Great luxury hotel for getting around LA w/o a car

by TripAdvisor Member Navigator10

I drove up from San Diego for a two night stay. Got to the hotel after driving right by it on beautiful pam tree lined Ocean blvd. What a beautiful street in LA. Lots of nice office and condo high rise towers. Several restaurants in the area. I walked a couple of blocks to one of the best Steakhouses in the region called the 555 East Steakhouse. This boulevard could use more stores.
The hotel had a great location. Located only a couple of blocks from the rapid transit station. I took the train to the Hollywood Blvd area. It also goes downtown LA (about 45 minutes) among other places. I suggest a shuttle bus rather than the train to get to the hotel from LAX. Quicker ride.
The hotel room was spotless and nicely sized. Not as ultra cool as some hotels might be but very pleasant and contemporary. I have traveled the world and consider myself somewhat of a hotel buff. Check the candid photos somebody took for this site.
The staff was friendly but a bit busy.
From the hotel I walked over to the harbor and took a harbor tour for about an hour and a half.
A store that sells Segways is located near the harbor. They also offer a Segway tour of Long Beach's Ocean Blvd for you. Next time I will do that.

Good choice for LBCC

by TripAdvisor Member mlasser

Decent hotel. Renovations are good and rooms are what you would expect from a Westin. No club room but lobby and rooms are clean. It's close but not right next to the convention center. If you need to be really close, choose the Hyatt or Renaissance. The Westin is about a ten minute walk.

Close to Pine St. restaurants.

I agree with the previous review that the staff needs work. I explained to the front desk that I had two reseverations that connected and wanted to combine them. You'd have thought I had asked them to solve a quantum mechanics problem.

Comments