Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood Los Angeles

Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Los Angeles

In real good company.In real good company.

German pancakeGerman pancake

Magic Lamp interior shotMagic Lamp interior shot

US BankUS Bank

problem with booking

by sylv2

I am having trouble with a booking I have made. I booked a Grand Canyon helicopter tour with Grand Canyon Tour Operator on 31st of August and was sent an acknowledgement of my booking with a note that they would send a reservation confirmation within 24 hours. This has not occurred and the $59 deposit has not gone from my account. I have emailed them on their site email as well as the one that was on the acknowledgement email but have not received any replies for over 3 days. Does anyone have any experience with this company or have any suggestions as to what i should do? Maybe I should contact the Las Vegas Tourist information centre. If anyone has that contact that may help.
Thanks.

Also I tried to book Universal front of the line passes through Kijubi.com and when I filled out the required parts which included my 3 digit security code and pressed submit it came back to me minus the 3 digit code. I tried twice and decided to try again another time. In the meantime 2 debits have come out of my account on different days which are about what the exchange difference between US $ and AUS & would be. I have contacted Kijbi quoting the company name that has debited my card but they say it is not them and they have no record of a booking(which i would expect as it did not go through) My bank will start enquiries on Mon and I will get the money back eventually but I now feel we need to cancel these cards and get new ones which is a bit stressful as we leave in 10days! Anyone have any experience with this?

Was not sure where to post this so have done so on Los Angeles and Las vegas.
Thanks
Sylv

by swissfondue

Hi Sylv, this is certainly a frustrating situation but unfortunately can happen when bookings are made independently through third party agents. I always try to book with the company directly.

I researched Grand Canyon tours recently myself and I must admit I have not heard of Grand Canyon Tour Operator. I have had a look at their website and there is a contact telephone number in Las Vegas so I would endeavour to call them to confirm your booking. It is not ununsual for companies to wait a few days before debiting your account.

At this point you have not been charged anything so if they dont have your booking in the system you could just wait and book when you arrive. I ended up doing that and it worked out wonderfully (I booked directly with Maverick through the hotel concierge which meant I was able to choose a beautiful blue sky day for my trip.)

I'm not sure what to advise about the Universal passes. I had the same problem with my New York Hotel but managed to resolve it directly with the hotel through emails and reception staff when I arrived. It was just an adminstrative error.

If you are concerned I would suggest checking your account online daily if possible while you are in the US and contacting the bank straightaway if there is any suspicious activity on your card.

My best advice is to try not to worry too much about this and enjoy your holiday as planned.

by Agraichen

I've used Sundance and have been very pleased:

by Odinnthor

I suggest that you undo tht reservation before they nail your deposit. Al (above) has a good suggestion with Sundance. You mauy also consider Papillon Helicopters in Vegas.

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

Tentacular freeways

by Muya

This picture was taken from the plane. Despite its bad quality, it really gives an idea of the complex road structure in L.A…
Roads intertwinings and interchanges. You can just imagine how awful traffic can be here at rush hours… :-)

Venice Beach is quite possibly...

by CubsIn4

Venice Beach is quite possibly the weirdest place on the planet. It's impossible to explain; just go and you'll see what I mean. It is not to be missed! I love big cities, but since LA doesn't feel all that big that's not why I like it so much. It's just very unique, and I enjoyed seeing a part of the world unlike any other.

California's Central Valley

by Ewingjr98

The Central Valley of California is comprised of the San Joaquin Valley to the south and Sacramento Valley to the north. This fertile region stretches from Sacramento to a few miles south of Bakersfield, and is a major region for the production of vegetables, cotton, grapes & wine, livestock, and oil. The area relies heavily on water from the region's rivers and was mostly desert prior to establishing modern irrigation technology, including the California Aquaduct.

The Sacramento Valley makes up the northern portion of California's fertile Central Valley. The Sacramento River and its tributaries drain the valley and the Northern Coast Ranges, Siskiyou Mountains, and the Sierra Nevadas surround the valley. The valley is known for its agricultural production, mainly rice, nuts, olives, and prunes.

Interstate 5 runs the length of the valley north & south.

Walking on 5th Street

by marinarena

There is a bad myth about L.A. It is said often that the city is not good for walking. I beg to differ! True, people are so dependent on cars here. This is evident on the jam-packed freeways and equally crowded streets. However, walking is quite common and convenient especially when in downtown.

On 5th, between Olive and Flower St, is especially nice for a stroll. This is where I have often begun my little trips in downtown because my bus stops around here. Along this street is Pershing Square , which I have mentioned before (in "things to do" ), the Central Library (one side as pictured), the historic One Bunker Hill building, Westin Bonadventure and Arco Plaza.

There is quite enough history just on this stretch of 5th St. itself, let alone other paths. I'll elaborate about these sometime soon!

Cool down at Velarde's

by marinarena

cooling off with fresh fruit/fruit drink! I love to go stands like Velarde's Fruit at Olvera St which offers common Los Angeles ways of refreshments, ala mexicano style: licuados (vaiours fruit flavored juices) and fresh slices of fruits like cantalupo/melon (cantaloupe) or sandia (watermelon)

Comments