7701 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, California, 90036, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Los Angeles

Scallop & shrimp(front)/Changs Spicy Chicken(back)Scallop & shrimp(front)/Changs Spicy Chicken(back)

me in my car at the rodeway inn la.me in my car at the rodeway inn la.

3rd street in Santa Monica3rd street in Santa Monica

metrometro

randazzo

by randazzo

Hello,
I´m planning a vacation trip with my husband and may daughter 16years-old next december. I´d searched a lot but I´m still in doubt about which hotel I should book in LA. I don´t want rent a car instead of I´m planning use a public transportation to move around. Do you have any suggestion ?

thanks in advance
Vera

by grandmaR

The public transportation in LA is almost non-existent. If you want to use public transport, I'd skip LA and go to San Francisco

by swissfondue

Im just back from LA and yes it is a little difficult to get around without your own transport.

I stayed opposite the Beverly Center on Beverly Boulevard (Sofitel) and aside from the shopping centre there was little in the area that would interest your daughter.

It cost approx 15USD including tip to taxi to the Grove and Farmers Market. I walked to Rodeo Drive from the hotel, a good half hour walk but you will need to use taxis quite a bit.

The most happening place in LA for tourists would be Hollywood Boulevard. If you want to be near Universal Studios, movie theatres, waxworks, restaurants, the walk of fame etc I would base yourself in this area. A lot of LA tours, such as star homes, have ticket offices on this street and leave from here.

There is a Renaissance Hotel near Hollywood/Highland intersection which looked quite nice.

by Roadquill

If you tell us what your interests are we can better focus you on where to stay. You are not picking a great month for the beach, but it still can be fun in Santa Monica. There are buses that run from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills, or up to Hollywood, but these take a long time. But even driving can take a long time. Karl

by goodfish

Sean, I see you either own or work for the myvacations.co.uk you are touting in your post. It is prohibited to use this website for any commercial purpose such as advertising products or services. Please reference the User Agreement page for guidelines concerning all prohibited activities on the site.

Same goes for your homepage.

We welcome you to VT and look forward to tips and writings concerning your personal travel experiences but sorry, you can't advertise your tour company here - any such posts will be deleted by the VT staff.

by goodfish

Randazzo - don't be confused by my note above as it didn't apply to you. We had a poster to your question who was advertising his own travel company and has since been removed.

by randazzo

Hello all, thank you all the answers

Our interests in LA are visit all (or at least many of them) the turist sightseeing, go shopping specially for my daughter.
I really appreciate if you can recommend one outlet that is easy to go there.
My daughter wants to go to Six flags and Disney, my daughter and I had already visited Disney in Orlando, so maybe we can skip the Disney.
I´m planning to spend 3 days in LA, 1 day in Santa Monica,1 day in San Diego, and then go to San Francisco (maybe by train or by plane I don´t how long takes it by train nor how much it costs) and spend more 3 days there.

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

LA Autoshow

by joits

I love the fact that its a major city and so we get all sorts of major conventions. The annual Autoshow may not be as big as the Detroit one, but it still is pretty cool. Its pretty cheap, I think about $8 per person... as well as $8 for parking. Basically the idea is you get a preview of next year models as well as current models. Most of the time you get to sit in the cars and get a feel for them, unfortunately there are a few cars that are locked.

One highlight is the hall where the aftermarket items are displayed. You get to see Cadillacs with 24 inch rims and all the latest electronic gadgets like tvs and video games, etc. One recent addition is the celebrity car section. You can see what what celebs and their fat bank accounts can do to Escalades or Ferraris or Beamers.

The only downside... unless you're rich, you do come away with a feeling that you somehow don't make enough because more than half of the cars in the show are out of your price range.

The annual autoshow is usually in the first or second week of January. Check the LA Convention Center's website for more details.

A mission being restored by...

by amandafinch

A mission being restored by visitor's donations, this place is serenity personified. Every building shows its age, yet is still standing unfallen after more than 300 years of sun, wind, and California earthquakes.

Go to a bar on Sunset Blvd on...

by Clubtourist

Go to a bar on Sunset Blvd on the weekend. There is no place on Earth with as many beautiful people dressed so glamorously falling over themselves drunk. When I leave LA I miss 3 things:
1) In'n'Out Burger - great fastfood, theyre everywhere.
2)Mexican food here is awesome
3)SAKE BOMBING: pour your sake shot into a glass of beer - Get wasted in a hurry, puke up your sushi

drop by Venice Beach. ...

by Krystynn

drop by Venice Beach.

Photo Below: This is a 'live' web cam showing the world famous Venice Beach in California, which updates itself automatically every 10 minutes.

The web cam is pointing south along the boardwalk, displaying the bike path, beach, pavilion area and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. One of the most interesting times to view this web cam is definitely during the weekend when up to 150,000 people a day visit this place!

Venice Beach is an eclectic, funky and definitely unique place where you'd see many sidewalk vendors line the boardwalk selling their wares.... many of the items homemade; and street performers entertain passing crowds by performing their unusual talents.

Personally speaking, Venice Beach is nice.... but it's not reeeeally my kind of place to chill out.... Bumped into quite alot of...hm... 'interesting' personalities here. If you catch my drift!

Free Papers

by henrykrinkle

There are two free weekly newspapers that are the local 'what's on' guides: The LA Weekly and the City Beat. The LA Weekly is larger, and is a very comprehensive paper with tons of listings and lengthy articles of local interest, while the City Beat has a more truly 'in-the know' quality.

Hip people read the City Beat for the more out-of-the-mainstream articles and reviews, but EVERYONE reads the Weekly as the 'find-anything-and-everything' guide. Both are found everywhere, from newstands to boxes on the corners to bars and restaurants.

Comments