469 North Doheny Drive, Beverly Hills, California, 90210, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• PartyRambo's Profile Photo

Right between Beverly Hills & West Hollywood

After I arrived in L.A. driving in all day from Las Vegas, I arrived about 10 PM, without map, without directions, and without a clue...
    While I'm not a naive country bumpkin, it did feel pretty overwhelming driving down Sunset Boulevard the first time.
    However, my concern was to get a place to spend the night, as I was dog tired from the desert drive & lots of minor detours & diversions.
    Let me suggest to those making this (what-should-be) 4-hour drive: MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE TIME TO ARRIVE!
    I did too many things on the way, and wound up without much choice for accomodations.
    I tried a few nice-looking places, all without space, and the few that did have space, were triple my budget.
    I wound up in a flea-bag motel on Sunset, and I mean it, literally!!! The calamine lotion I had to buy the next day barely made the following week bearable...
    Second suggestion to those with low budgets: BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS!!!
    Anyway, 1st day in, I immediately worked my way to a new accomodation, and the Beverly Terrace provided nicely.
    A small (family) place, just 2 floors and maybe 40 rooms, right on the corner of N.Doheny & Sunset.
    Conveniently located on this border street between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, it's within walking distance of Rodeo Drive, lots of Sunset Boulevard shopping, but also regular daily stuff shopping as well. A supermarket across the street provides hot, prepared meals as well as groceries, and the hotel's restaurant is apparently well-known (I never got the chance to check it out).

Unique Quality: If you're on the ground floor, you have but 10 steps to the pool from your door.
    Buffet breakfast

Directions: North Doheny Drive is the border street between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

• PartyRambo's Profile Photo

Right between Beverly Hills & West Hollywood

Second suggestion to those with low budgets: BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS!!!

Buffet breakfast

More about Beverly Terrace Hotel

Hotels in LA - Beverly Terrace Hotel??

by carlz04

Hi all...

we're doing a big USA trip from Australia this dec/jan and are going to be in LA for 8 days. we have looked at hundreds of hotels and are having great difficulty in deciding where to stay.

ideally, we will be spending most of our time in beverly hills, doing the touristy thing in hollywood, santa monica pier, venice beach, disneyland and the oc...where would be the best place for us to stay?!

we have so far settled on the beverly terrace hotel for its location and price and it looks fairly decent from the pictures...has anyone had any experiences here? any words of advice??

much appreciated...thank you :)

carlz

by YVRDave

My clients enjoy it alot

by gilescorey

I don't know about the interior of the hotel, but as far as location, it's probably what you're looking for(you'll have a car, yes?)

Very close to the Sunset Strip, four miles from Hollywood, and a 1/2 mile or so from Downtown Beverly Hills(which you'll likely be bored with after a day, to be honest).

It's as central as anything can be "central" in this city ;)

by carlz04

fantastic :) we will have a car for sure - not relying on public transport in LA!!! we thought it would be best to have a car as we plan to drive to disneyland, oc, santa monica etc and thought it would be much more convenient than trying to navigate our way on buses and trains!

thx :)

by ajhno

Disneyland isn't exactly right around the corner from Hollywood (which is just a neighborhood in LA)... if you're looking for something in that area, the Beverly Hills Hotel is a classic choice. I might recommend getting a 2nd hotel in Orange County for Disneyland and for spending time at the better beaches (Newport, Laguna as opposed to LA County's beaches). Split your time between the two. There are plenty of more "normal" chain-type hotels in OC, like Embassy Suites, that abound in cities like Anaheim, Orange, Irvine, etc. Embassy Suites, for example, are very nice here... the one in Arcadia, for example, is beautiful.

by gilescorey

Splitting time between hotels is not a bad idea. Laguna is amazing.

by tracys2cents

Yeah, I wouldn't stay the whole 8 nights at Beverly Terrace. Maybe 5 nights, and 3 nights down at Laguna Beach with a day trip to disneyland.

www.lagunariviera.com