Beverly Terrace Hotel

PartyRambo's Profile Photo

Right between Beverly Hills & West Hollywood

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 13, 2003

After I arrived in L.A. driving in all day from Las Vegas, I arrived about 10 PM, without map, without directions, and without a clue...
While I'm not a naive country bumpkin, it did feel pretty overwhelming driving down Sunset Boulevard the first time.
However, my concern was to get a place to spend the night, as I was dog tired from the desert drive & lots of minor detours & diversions.
Let me suggest to those making this (what-should-be) 4-hour drive: MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE TIME TO ARRIVE!
I did too many things on the way, and wound up without much choice for accomodations.
I tried a few nice-looking places, all without space, and the few that did have space, were triple my budget.
I wound up in a flea-bag motel on Sunset, and I mean it, literally!!! The calamine lotion I had to buy the next day barely made the following week bearable...
Second suggestion to those with low budgets: BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS!!!
Anyway, 1st day in, I immediately worked my way to a new accomodation, and the Beverly Terrace provided nicely.
A small (family) place, just 2 floors and maybe 40 rooms, right on the corner of N.Doheny & Sunset.
Conveniently located on this border street between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, it's within walking distance of Rodeo Drive, lots of Sunset Boulevard shopping, but also regular daily stuff shopping as well. A supermarket across the street provides hot, prepared meals as well as groceries, and the hotel's restaurant is apparently well-known (I never got the chance to check it out).

Unique Quality: If you're on the ground floor, you have but 10 steps to the pool from your door.
Buffet breakfast

Directions: North Doheny Drive is the border street between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

PartyRambo's Profile Photo

Right between Beverly Hills & West Hollywood

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 13, 2003

Second suggestion to those with low budgets: BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS!!!

Buffet breakfast

Nearby Beverly Terrace Hotel

Beverly Terrace Hotel

• Hotel Beverly Terrace
  • Beverly Terrace Hills

Address: 469 North Doheny Drive, Beverly Hills, California, 90210, United States

2 Photos of Beverly Terrace Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Beverly Terrace Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews