Comfort Inn Eagle Rock

Rated 23% higher but also costs 37% more than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn Eagle Rock

Great Price, Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Retiredlady8

We were there to visit with family and friends for 7 nights and the location was geographically perfect for us. The property and rooms are well kept for an older motel. My husband had no bed issues, but I was somewhat achy. There was a low level odor and housekeeping skipped us one day. We like to park in front of the room for easy load and unload so it met our needs. No problem with the Internet or breakfast buffet and the pool and area was clean. The coffee was dreadful and I tried other local locations and actually settled on the 7-11 down the street but there is a Starbucks a few doors down and Swork at the corner. The USA today was on our door daily.

There are plenty of local restaurants within walking distance. Senor Fish was my favorite. Yogurt Heaven a couple of doors down was self serve with fresh fruit toppings. I also walked to the mall one morning.

It's not a luxury property by any stretch but great value with only minor annoyances.

Weekend of August 21

by TripAdvisor Member CalCoastJT

We stayed here 2 nights. I was a little surprised because the motel used to be called "Eagle Rock Comfort Inn", but when the GPS dropped us off I remembered staying here before. It really isn't "near" Old Town Pasadena, but close enough for a 5-10 minute drive.

The room was comfortable, quiet, and free of odors.
Breakfast was nice, not fancy.
Price was abou $85/night with my American Motorcyclist Association discount.

We will certainly stay here again...it's a very short drive to Dodger Stadium.

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member MRWOLF25

Great hotel, close to everything, always clean, great staff. They remember me by first name. Staff goes out of their way to find a room, get a room prepared for me. Good food selection in morning, always fresh. Room has everything I need and if not staff has got for me. Hotel has own promotions to enhance my stay experience.

Clean, safe, enjoyable staff, couldn't ask for more!

by TripAdvisor Member boriquajessieg

I often travel alone and need to feel safe in a hotel. This hotel is amazing and spotless! The staff is accommodating. Esmirina from sales went beyond my expectations. There is shopping near by. Old town Pasadena is just a short stint away and is filled with great stores and restaurants. I could not have asked for more. Can't wait to return. Would reccommend to all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you!!!!!

Better than ever expected

by TripAdvisor Member 4atravelscene

I was pleasantly surprised at the overall experiece I had with this hotel. Traveling across the country can have its drawbacks. I however, was very pleased with the fact that I could experience a piece of home so far away. The breakfast was enjoyable (everything was fresh) and the room was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the courtesy and flexabilty shown by the all of the staff. From the hotel operator, to the front desk staff, I was treated with respect and excellent customer service. All in all, I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Pasadena. In my opinion, not only is it ideal for travelers on vacation, but it was very convienient to commute to downtown Los Angeles as well. Quite satisfied!!!

Problem with Housekeeping

by TripAdvisor Member Pepper1313

My husband and I were visiting friends and needed a hotel nearby. The room was fairly clean except they did not have any hand towels. I saw a note saying we would be charged for any missing towels so I called the front desk. They said the only way we could get the towels was to come to the office. Since we were going to bed anyway we decided to wait for housekeeping the next day.

When we returned to our room, it was made up and all the towels were there. However, I know someone had gone through my suitcase (Were they looking for the missing towels because they didn't believe us or looking for something else? I'm not sure), but I was not happy about the situation.

There was also an annoying nightlight that could not be unplugged.

Great people

by TripAdvisor Member southtraveller_9

I finally took my family to Disney, and we stay in Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena. The people at the front desk were always helpful about information concerning transportation, food, and schedules. The whole facility is clean. The service is quick, no need to call twice for a service. The rooms are clean and cozy. Inside the hotel the temperature is great. The food OMG was delicious and in general all the staff members are very friendly and educated. We enjoyed our trip to California and the hotel made feels like home while keeping our privacy. the area is very secure, and everything is close to it. In our next trip we'll stay in the very same hotel for sure.

Thanks for the nice visit

by TripAdvisor Member pooletta

I would recomend this Comfort Inn in Eagle Rock to anyone visiting the area. The room was very nice and clean and the staff was professional & efficient. I especially liked the breakfast. Only negative was the wall space heater which was noisy- had to turn it off.

by TripAdvisor Member traveller10012

After a long day travelling my wife and I needed rest, we passed by many hotels we did not even think of stopping since we knew there had to be a Comfort Inn nearby, and there it was, we both knew that we will be extra comfortable here.
With no reservation the front desk personnel were great, it took 3 min. to check in, the clerk was so gracious and helpful. We ended up with a room exactly what we asked for. we had a great night sleep, the place is quiet, charming , comfortable. we had great time.
Comfort Inn is our number 1 choice, always.

Great Service, Good Rooms for the money

by TripAdvisor Member LAtrip1

I travel alot on business and usually pay $150 or more for a hotel room. I stay at this Comfort Inn once a week since I have a long commute to my job so the price (usually around $80) is just right. The location is kinda out of the way but exactly in the middle of Pasadena and Glendale so it is convenient. The hotel itself is a $80 a night hotel but I have to say that the ladies at the front desk are top notch. they always greet me with a smile and are always very professional. They elevate this little motel to above average.

Pool at main driveway on S Beach BlvdPool at main driveway on S Beach Blvd

The Hunington LibraryThe Hunington Library

La PlazaLa Plaza

Main entrance stepsMain entrance steps

HOTELS

by 75Antonio

HELLO EVERYONE
DOES ANYONE KNOWS A RELIABLE LASTMINUTE WEB SITE FOR HOTELS IN THE US?

by travelgourmet

Last minute specialists is Expedia. See Website: http://www.expedia.com/daily/hotels/default.asp

by gilescorey

far better than Expedia, in my opinion is :

www.sidestep.com

it searches sites together, including Expedia and actual hotel sites. Thus, you have the option of booking with the hotel, as well, if the prices are comparable, and get rid of the middle man.

Been using it for years.

Hope this helps!

GC

by kzapanta

(choked)

by Bowsprit

I use quikbook.com all the time. Most of their hotels are cancellable without a penalty nearly right up to the time of arrival but read the fine print. Some of the lowest prices are for non-cancellable rooms.

I've also been using Trip Advisor's relatively new feature. Just click on 'Hotels' in the green rectagular box in the upper left of their screen and they'll also check multiple discount sites. I used this feature to find great prices on hotels in No. California for our April trip.

Comments