Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Yet more Priceline near LAX

2nd stay, October 2008

The area around LAX would not be my first choice for a location when visiting Los Angeles, however, but when we make our semi annual trip to visit my Grandma in nearby Inglewood, this is the most convenient location for that. If I were visiting on my own, I would stay further north, perhaps in Beverly Hills or in Santa Monica.

I always bid on Priceline when we go on our semiannual visit to Los Angeles, this time I bid for a 3* at LAX, and got the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport for $60 per night plus taxes in April 2008 and again for $60 in October 2008, upgraded to a 3 1/2*. The Crowne Plaza is one of many hotels located along Century Boulevard just a few minutes away from the airport. They run a free shuttle to/from the airport every 15 minutes.

The check in process was quick and they gave us a 2 bed room as we requested in April 2008, we got a king size bed on our 2nd trip. Checkout was also quick.

Unique Quality: Room-the room was spacious and clean, the beds comfortable. I requested two double beds when I arrived since I was staying with my dad and they accomodated my request in April 2008. There was a TV with a limited number of stations, iron and ironing board. No in-room safe or refrigerator.

Bathroom-shower was fine with plenty of hot water and pressure, toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap, towel were thick. There was a hair dryer and coffee maker in the bathroom.

There was an outdoor pool and hot tub, a wet and dry sauna and a health club on the 3rd floor with treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines and some weight equipment.

There was a Starbucks, Krispy Kreme donuts, a casual bistro and a restaurant, none of which I ate at.

Parking, as with most of the LAX hotels, is an extra $12 per day with in and out privileges, the parking garage is huge and it took me a couple of tries to park closer to the hotel.

• Lensmeister's Profile Photo

Ok after a long flight - but thats it !

First impressiones on driving up. Nice. Receptionist was quite rude. She asked for a credit card for the room & I tried to explin that we had already paid for the room. She told us we HAD to give our card for when we use the cable TV channels. I told her that as we were on holiday that staying in a room for three days watching TV was a waste & she wasn't going to get my card. Poor girl must have had a bad day. Parking we had to pay for & we paid in CASH.
    It's easy enugh from the airport and the car rental plaze (Hertz). But I doubt I would chose it again to stay in!

Unique Quality: It was close to the airport.

It was close to a Burger King (over the road and about half a block walk) which was handy after a long flight.

Yes we walked .... horrors ;)

Directions: Near the Airport.

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Least Expensive Airport Parking

Comfy hotel with some of the least expensive hotel parking around ($8.65 per day with AAA card).

Unique Quality: Beds are comfy. Pretty good room service (the pizza's great) and Starbucks downstairs in the lobby. This place also puts the LA Times in front of your door in the morning, not just the cruddy old USA Today.

Directions: Between Embassy Suites and the Sheraton.

More about Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport

Heavenly beds !

Yes, the Crowne Plaza is not very impressive, but it´s the perfect place for just staying overnight and only minutes away from LAX.
The new beds are heavenly with countless pillows and very comfy mattresses, you even get a perfume for scenting the pillows- I never had such a relaxing first night after a long flight from Europe.
I would recommend this hotel for all tourists arriving on a late flight. You can take the complimentary shuttle to the hotel, stay overnight and get your rental car the next morning, if you´re planning to visit LA or Southern California. You can avoid additional parking fees and start your vacation more relaxed.
This hotel is especially interesting for German tourists as you can book a room with your local travel agent for about 54 € only.
There´s nothing wrong about the Crowne Plaza LAX.

Airport hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Katsie

Due to a mix up with my travel agent, we had to stay at the crowne plaza lax, not beverley hills. The front desk staff could only speak broken english and assured me that there was NOT a crowne plaza in Beverly Hills! My travel agent phoned from Australia to try and sort the matter out and was put on hold. She could not communicate with the staff at the front desk due to their lack of English skills. If you stay here you have to be prepared to spend two hours on the chock a block freeway to wherever you want to go in LA each way. We were booked into a smoking room although we requested a non-smoking. That was changed very quickly when discovered. Both my husband and I are members of the prestige loyalty club, but our room was on the third floor overlooking the cement roof and aircon units of the hotel?. We did not get complimentary breakfasts as mentioned by the Beverly Hills crowne plaza guests. the parking structure is inconveniently far located from the hotel. It costs extra for a refrigerator. There were no brochures on Hollywood in the lobby. The beds were really comfortable,but we were kept awake by people coming in and out of their rooms during the night. our TV had very poor reception and we had to ask for a TV guide. It took three tries to get the guest reception to block the pay per view movies. The TV also does not have a cartoon channel for kids.The bathroom does not have a fan. The hotel does have a luxurious lobby. Overall though I would rather pay more and stay in a better location with less travel time to tourist attractions. The hotel is ideal for travellers staying over with connecting flights, but not tourists.

We enjoyed Crowne Plaza LA

We stay at the hotel in July and it was okay. The room was very nice with a comfy bed and lots of pillows. We had a view facing airport and unfortunately we could hear the airplanes the whole time.
It is said on the hotel web site that there are bathrobes in every single room - that is not true. We were told that bathrobes are provided only for the guests in the suites.
We like the concierge. They were able to answer every question we had and were helpfull.
The hotel also has a very nice store with all the LA souvenirs, postcard and t-shirts. They also provide stamps so you don't have look for the post office.
Overall we really enjoyed are stay in Crowne Plaza Los Angeles.

pretty good for price

by TripAdvisor Member TorontoCart

The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, accomodating and helpful.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby, which is convenient.

The location isn't in a fantastic but if you have a car it isn't so bad. It's about 15-30 mins to Beverly Hills depending on the traffic on the interstate. Note that you have to pay for parking about $10 - $15 per day. Also, there's a Thrify's about 1 mile (15 min walk) from the hotel which is convenient if you don't wanna pay for parking (just rent it day by day). Reserve the car on-line as it's cheaper this way.

Very satisfied with my stay there

by TripAdvisor Member marian31265

I was pleasantly surprised at my stay at the Crowne Plaza (Before I arrived, I had second thoughts about staying there, after having read some of the reviews on this site). My room was big, comfortable and clean , and the bed was wonderful; room overlooked the airport, but there was no problem with noise from planes. I found the front desk staff to be young, professional, accomodating, and very helpful. I arrived early in the morning (10:00am) after a very early flight from the east coast ... I was able to check in to my room upon arrival. Parking was $12.00/day which I found to be typical of most big cities. I would recommend the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Let me emphasize some things

- The pool area is very small (another review said is was large but that is incorrect)
- The rooms are pretty clean
- The beds are comfy
- The TV in our room had some overall poor signal
- The facility is quiet despite being close to LAX
- The parking is expensive--also, the parking structure that staff refers to as "across the street" is simply across an alleyway, not Century Blvd. itself

Dont stay here

We stayed here for 2 nights from 7/10/5 to 7/12/5. We were told it was a first class hotel. This is defenitely NOT a first class hotel. This is owned by the Holiday Inn which tells you from the start it is very mediocre.
This hotel was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. We were so disappointed whilst staying here. Here are the reasons why:
Front desk staff - idiots, poor customer service training.
Tried to check in in the morning several times and there was no availble room until late afternoon which was a REAL inconvience. Have checked in early at several hotels and there have always been no problems.
When we got to our room the cards wouldnt work. Later found out 2 other people had they same problem. The front desk staff hadnt programmed the cards properly. When i later went to put my visa on the room to hire a movie the front desk staff said i was in one room which differed from the room we were actually staying in. She didnt believe me. She called security to escort me to my room because they didnt believe me despite what i told them. It was there problem. They had recorded we were in another room whilst giving us the cards to another room. They gave us a $50 dinner voucher for the inconvience and then when we checked out found they had debited our account the $50! Absolute idiots and they were not apologitic about this.
I read in a previous review that the rooms were noisy, having stayed at LAX before i hadnt had any problems with airport noise, however, THE ROOM WAS INCREDIBLY NOISY WITH THE SOUND OF PLANES TAKING OFF AND ARRIVING. We were in the 11th floor, "quiet room" and were facing the airport. The people on the other side also said it was noisy.
The rooms were paper thin. Our sleeping hours were dictated by the people next door.
The washing machines didnt work.
The restaurant staff forgot our drink orders.
The only good thing about this hotel was the food. Very nice food at a good price.
PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND BE DISAPPOINTED. I recommend the LAX Marriott. That was our first choice but it was full.

Comments