Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport

Yet more Priceline near LAX

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2008

2nd stay, October 2008

The area around LAX would not be my first choice for a location when visiting Los Angeles, however, but when we make our semi annual trip to visit my Grandma in nearby Inglewood, this is the most convenient location for that. If I were visiting on my own, I would stay further north, perhaps in Beverly Hills or in Santa Monica.

I always bid on Priceline when we go on our semiannual visit to Los Angeles, this time I bid for a 3* at LAX, and got the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport for $60 per night plus taxes in April 2008 and again for $60 in October 2008, upgraded to a 3 1/2*. The Crowne Plaza is one of many hotels located along Century Boulevard just a few minutes away from the airport. They run a free shuttle to/from the airport every 15 minutes.

The check in process was quick and they gave us a 2 bed room as we requested in April 2008, we got a king size bed on our 2nd trip. Checkout was also quick.

Unique Quality: Room-the room was spacious and clean, the beds comfortable. I requested two double beds when I arrived since I was staying with my dad and they accomodated my request in April 2008. There was a TV with a limited number of stations, iron and ironing board. No in-room safe or refrigerator.

Bathroom-shower was fine with plenty of hot water and pressure, toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap, towel were thick. There was a hair dryer and coffee maker in the bathroom.

There was an outdoor pool and hot tub, a wet and dry sauna and a health club on the 3rd floor with treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines and some weight equipment.

There was a Starbucks, Krispy Kreme donuts, a casual bistro and a restaurant, none of which I ate at.

Parking, as with most of the LAX hotels, is an extra $12 per day with in and out privileges, the parking garage is huge and it took me a couple of tries to park closer to the hotel.

Lensmeister's Profile Photo

Ok after a long flight - but thats it !

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2005

First impressiones on driving up. Nice. Receptionist was quite rude. She asked for a credit card for the room & I tried to explain that we had already paid for the room. She told us we HAD to give our card for when we used the cable TV channels. I told her that as we were on holiday that staying in a room for three days watching TV was a waste & she wasn't going to get my card. Poor girl must have had a bad day. Parking we had to pay for & we paid in CASH.
It's easy enough from the airport and the car rental plaze (Hertz). But I doubt I would chose it again to stay in!

Unable to recomend this place.

Unique Quality: It was close to the airport.

It was close to a Burger King (over the road and about half a block walk) which was handy after a long flight.

Yes we walked .... horrors ;)

Directions: Near the Airport.

Avryle's Profile Photo

Least Expensive Airport Parking

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 31, 2004

Comfy hotel with some of the least expensive hotel parking around ($8.65 per day with AAA card).

Unique Quality: Beds are comfy. Pretty good room service (the pizza's great) and Starbucks downstairs in the lobby. This place also puts the LA Times in front of your door in the morning, not just the cruddy old USA Today.

Directions: Between Embassy Suites and the Sheraton.

Nearby Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews