Embassy Suites Hotel LAX North Los Angeles

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• cehansen's Profile Photo

great for families

We had a very early flight and decided we wanted to stay close to the airport. As a family of 4, it's always hard to find somewhere where the children can have separate beds, not having to top and tail, or sleep in a separate room. We enjoyed our stay here, nice to enjoy the snacks and breakfast too. Airport noise did filter through, but what do you expect?

Unique Quality: Close to airport, room to accommodate a family.

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Home Sweet Embassy Suites

Due to the nature of my job, I've been living at this hotel for a while now. It's a palace considering some of the places that my work has chosen to put us up in. I would highly recommend this hotel for people who need to stay near the airport for an extended amount of time.

Unique Quality: Spacious suites... Free cooked to order breakfast in the mornings... free happy hour, sorry, Manager's Reception, in the evening from 5:30-7:30... what more could you ask for?! All suites have 2 TV's- one in the living room and one in the bedroom, microvave and refrigerator. The gym could be a bit better equiped and larger. There's also an indoor pool and spa, internet access available and convenience store downstairs. Front desk staff is excelent. The only problem I've found is that the airport shuttle is pretty slow in coming around to the terminal at LAX, however, the drivers are willing to drop off and pick up guests at Manhattan Beach pier. The hotel is not cental to anything.

Directions: Between Crowne Plaza and the Marriott

More about Embassy Suites Hotel LAX North Los Angeles

Very Nice Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member whistlingdixiejr

I stayed at the Embassy Suites LAX North for one night on May 18, 2006. The hotel was easy to find; however, it is nearly impossible to park temporarily just to check in and drop off your luggage. The pull-in area is very small and is usually crowded with cars (despite the no-parking signs) and the hotel's shuttle. I ended up simply turning in my car at the Avis lot and walking the 1/4 mile to the hotel dragging all my luggage.

When I checked in, the lady at the desk did not offer any luggage help and did not tell me anything about the breakfast or shuttle times without me asking. I dragged all my stuff up to my room and then could not open the door. The light turned green, but the handle would not open. I took all my luggage back down to the desk and the lady said some of the handles were installed upside-down, but they didn't know which ones, so just try pulling it up instead of down. I dragged everything back up to the room (I was very tired by now), pulled the handle up, and it worked.

Once I got in the room, I was very pleased. There was a small kitchen area, a large living room, a very nice bathroom with two sinks in it, a bedroom which also had a sink, and a balcony.

The manager had left a personalized letter welcoming me as a Hilton HHonors member along with two bottles of water, which I thought was a nice touch.

Although the bedroom was on the back side of the hotel, I could still hear quite a bit of traffic noise.

I arrived too late for the manager's reception and left too early for the breakfast so I can't comment on those.

The shuttle was ready and waiting at 5:00 a.m., though, which was great for me since I had to catch a 6:30 flight. I didn't even need to call for it.

Overall, the stay was good, and I would stay there again.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hoot007

A great hotel close to the airport but no noise of the planes. A very good buffet breakfast , very friendly staff. The only downside was the pool and spa were out of action and we were not told prior of this.

Excellent. Wish all hotels were this cheap and this gorgeous.

Stayed here one night 10/1 through priceline paid $70.

This hotel is a four star for sure. In the middle of airport hotels, no need for a car if you have flight immediately before or after. Except the rest of LA is at least 15 miles away, the closest mall is 5 miles away (think cab fare) and the major road is off Rt. 405 where traffic is a bit insane, even on a Saturday night.

The hotel staff is really very nice. I asked "Any way I can get a nicer room on a high floor?" And they said "Of course you can". They did but I have a feeling all of the rooms were just as nice.

The hotel itself is VERY clean. The rooms are very nice, very well-maintained and very updated. Very nice. We were impressed the moment we stepped foot in our suite. Large marble bathrooms, really comfy king size beds in a separate bedroom and spacious living room (couch, chair, dining table and kitchennette).. What was MOST impressive, which makes us want to go back every time, is the breakfast. The "Continental Breakfast", which all of us are used to cold dry bagels and toast, is actually an all you can eat buffet, with a kitchen grill where the staff will make you ANYTHING you want COMPLIMENTARY. Omelettes, Pancakes, French Toast, Sausage, Bacon, whatever. And the cold stuff is there too. Cereal, Muffins, Pastries, Bagels, Fruit... Amazing. You need to take advantage of it to appreciate it.

Definetely worth going back. Good for you if you win or book this hotel. You will be pleased. I wish all hotels were like this one.

very nice airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mosh

Was very pleased with this hotel. Rooms are very large, well appoingted but with plenty of space for luggage etc. Breakfast was more than adequate, with made-to-order omelets, and the whole facility was immaculate and actually worked!

Only negatives we noted were shuttle service from LAX is on request which we didn't know and lost some time waiting curbside before calling, and if you rent a car or drive, note that hotel parking is $15.00 per nite. Since it is very close to the airport the aircraft noise might bother light sleepers/children.

Decent Hotel - Great if LAX is your main concern

by TripAdvisor Member smilyus

Embassy Suites North LAX

Rooms – clean and large. We had two TVs and separate living spaces in our room. Not too bad for the cheap priceline bid for a standard room. The fridge/microwave were standard but nice to have. Internet access available for a fee (not free) so I was a little disappointed in that. Bathroom was clean and the shower was hot. Towels were adequate.

Beds – A bit soft. They didn’t seem as firm as the typical hotel bed. Many pillows.

Alarm clock/wake up call – We used the wakeup call. They called with a standard computer message. It worked.

Checkin/Checkout – Friendly and fast. Was able to checkout “express” by just calling when I needed to leave. They also allowed us to check in at noon (we arrived at 11 a.m.) and provided an area for the suitcases so we could enjoy a lunch at the restaurant while we waited.

Free breakfast – Great! They offered the usual cereals, rolls, and fruit but also had a grill to order eggs, French toast, etc… I had a delicious eggbeaters omelet.

Restaurant – Offered standard fare. I enjoyed a fish taco that was good but not four star. The fresh sourdough bread was excellent.

Social Hour – Free social hour was offered from 5:30-7:30. Included two free drinks of your choice (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and some snacks such as nachos, pretzels, etc.. Can’t complain about a little free food and drink.

Pool/Exercise Equipment – Pool was smallish. Exercise equipment was standard (treadmills, elliptical, a few weights) but worked fine.

Lobby – High cellings and lots of sitting area. No major complaints except it never seemed that secure (see below).

Security – I don’t know if I liked the “open” style of the hotel room (i.e. all rooms facing an atrium/lobby) – there seemed to be less privacy than traditional hotel floor styles. I heard a fellow guest complaining of a strange guy in the laundry room on one of the floors. I wouldn’t be surprised if people could sneak in past the lobby and “wander” around in that hotel. Door locks seemed fine with room.

Laundry room – nice big washers and dryers. I noticed that one of the dryers didn’t “dry” the clothing as well as I would have liked. $1 dollar a load so standard price.

Noise – Nice and quiet. Couldn’t hear neighbors even though they seemed to have kids so I assume the walls are well-insulated.

Shuttle bus – It was free and was on time. No problems. We called to ask when they left and got to the airport quickly. Hotel is close and quick even for a Monday morning at LAX.

Neighborhood – Lots of other hotels nearby – Buisness/Airport-like. Burger King down the street and a few other “hotel” restaurants within walking distance for additional food choices. Not close to anything besides the airport so if you want to go “somewhere” a rental car/taxi/tour would need to be considered.

Tours – Hotel had a contract with a tour company that offered various “Hollywood” or area tours for an additional fee. We went on a “condensed” 4-5 hour tour of the area since we hadn’t been to LA before. We saw the Hollywood sign, the Chinese theater, rodeo drive, farmers market, etc… We were dropped off and picked up from the hotel lobby.

Overall, it was a great hotel if you need something close to LAX esp. if on business or just “traveling” through for a day. For vacation purposes/longer stays, I would probably go into another hotel in LA closer to main attractions or the beach.

Not Good for Kids

by TripAdvisor Member PATTIB113

not for kids. they have hbo on there tv and the front desk could not block it. so i could not let my 3 preteens watch tv after 9pm for fear of them seeing something worse then r rated. would not go back with kids.

LAX hotels

by darrensunley

Hi,

I am hopefully going to be flying from london heathrow to LA and then straight onto Honolulu in early april. However, the flights are all standby and so I might end up getting stuck at LAX for a while. Can anyone recommend a good, but not too expensive, hotel to consider staying at if necessary for a night. Obviously, near the airport is important and a free shuttle bus would be good too.

Cheers.

Re: LAX hotels

by joesorce

The Travelodge mentioned above is a good one...haciendahotel.com is another good choice that's not expensive.

Re: Re: LAX hotels

by darrensunley

Thanks for that. I'll take a look at these before I go ...

Comments