Extended Stay America Los Angeles LAX Airport

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Affordable and Clean

I usually stay in about 2 to 3 star hotels and i was surprised that this hotel was affordable and as roomy as it was. We had to stay in a hotel for a few days while our house was undergoing some repairs. I was very comfortable here and the hotel is centrally located to where i needed to go. I was most impressed with the customer service that I recieved. The staff was very friendly and quick to respond to our needs. Our room and the Reception area was clean. I would come back if i needed to and recommend it to friends and family who come from out of town. Good experience. Free parking and free wifi was nice. Also they had free breakfast in the morning. This place served my needs perfectly without breaking the bank and most of all my kids were comfortable.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff. Front desk and housekeeping staff were great.

More about Los Angeles

10 minutes from the airport.10 minutes from the airport.

The barThe bar

The Hunington LibraryThe Hunington Library

Olvera streetOlvera street

Amy sporting events late April/early May?

by kjulez_83

Hi everyone,

I will be in LA from 27th April to 2nd May this year.

No idea of the sports seasons, but I just had a look on the Staples Centre website and they had events on in early April, but not late, and nothing in May. Will I be there in the off-season?

Not fussed about what sport, just thought it would be fun to catch a game but looks like I may not be able to in LA...

Thanks :)

by Donna_in_India

Los Angeles Dodgers will be playing baseball...

by bocmaxima

Baseball: LA Dodgers play just north of Downtown LA.
Not sure of any other sports, but I may be missing something. There are a couple of minor league baseball teams in the region, but nothing closer than 40 or so miles.
You're missing both the NBA and NHL regular seasons though. The NBA playoffs may still be going on but, if the Lakers are in it, good luck at getting a seat at Staples Center for it.

by bocmaxima

Sorry, and I feel bad for leaving out the Angles (I actually like them, but missed them when I added the minor league note). They play professional baseball in Anaheim, actually relatively close to Disneyland. Not close to LA by most definitions though.

Ugh, make that "Angels"

by Trey252

In NBA Basketball the Lakers and maybe the Clippers will be playing. They have to keep thee dates OPEN in anticipation of NBA Post Season Play.

by YVRDave

The LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks may make the NHL playoffs also. The regular Schedule ends April 9th

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

Admiral's Club LAX

by cjg1

The Admiral's Club in LAX is the only thing I like about this airport. The Club is a nice sized one with large floor to ceiling windows that look out on to the gates and runways. When we are here we usually sit in the quiet room to watch the planes while enjoying some drinks.

The drinks in the Admiral's Club are complimentary except for what they deem as "Premium" beverages which includes some wine and beer selections. There is a food menu that serves salads, sandwiches, pizzas and snacks. We have only ordered the bagel with cream cheese here and despite that they are not NY bagels they were pretty good.

As for kids; we both appreciate that there are designated playrooms for kids. Nothing is worse than trying to relax in between flights while a bunch of screaming kids tear about the place....

The Getty Museum

by jessicadf

I absolutely love the Getty Museum. Incredible architecture, gorgeous landscaping, amazing views and of course an unbelievable art collection. I'm SO EXCITED about going there again! Check it out: http://www.getty.edu/visit/

I loved the Beaches, Santa...

by Tradertpc

I loved the Beaches, Santa Monica, Redondo Beach, Palos Verde. Also Six Flags Magic Mountain has a ton of great Rollercoasters. I saw a Game at Edison Field (Where the Anehiem Angels play) it was a lot of fun. Even if you dont like baseball this place will keep your attention. I cant think of a place where I had a bad meal. And also great coffee everywhere. Hiking in the Hollywood Hills and driving up Mullholand Drive at night and see the city, breathtaking.

Explore Downtown...

by joits

I'll admit it, for several years I always thought downtown LA wasn't a good place to go unless you worked there. I had driven through the ghetto areas and I mistakenly thought all of downtown was like that. Every major city has its ghetto areas.

But, if you walk around Grand Ave and 1st where the Disney Concert Hall is, it's actually a really nice area. It's clean and safe. There's a lot of restaurants to eat at. You can gaze up at the humongous skyscrapers... look at the various art pieces around the city. There's a lot of cool photographic opportunities that can be found just by taking a stroll around the city. Check out my pics and you'll see a few gems I found in my exploration of the city.

Los Angeles Tip

by Krystynn

Taking a short respite here at Universal Studios (pant! pant!!)... after an exhausting day of fun, laughter and queuing up for rides.

P.S. We really deserve an award for Patience'; we had to queue for an average of 1 hour per ride (not kidding!).

Photo below: Here I am with Joann Fraccaro (in the middle) and the other Japanese girl (on the right).

P.S. I really must thank Joann for being such a wonderful 'tour guide'; I reckon it was her 5th time visiting Universal Studios that year... no thanks to all those friends of hers who happen to hail from Singapore. ;-)

Comments