Farmers Daughter Hotel

Farmer's Daughter Hotel
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

• tgreene73's Profile Photo

farmers daughter pit

They're claim to fame is that a certain actress stayed here before her big break well lets just say I would have gotten naked in my first movie to to get out of this place. people were nice but the place was a pit

Directions: near farmers market

More about Farmers Daughter Hotel

Philadelphia

by richiecdisc

W. C. Fields once exclaimed, "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia," and as a boy growing up in what seemed the greatest city in the world, I assumed that meant he would in fact rather be in "Philly" than anywhere else. I was later disappointed to find out that he was facetiously comparing any number of hellish alternatives and implying that even being in Philadelphia was better. But to quote another comedian, Philadelphia doesn't get any respect. Overshadowed by The City known as New York, it is often mentioned almost fleetingly behind others of no more merit like Chicago, Los Angeles, and Boston. While, New York is the admitted global capital of the United States, I beg to differ on the second class status to heartless L.A., Midwestern farmers daughter Chicago, and stoic if historic Boston. Philly as locals affectionately refer to the "city of brotherly love," is a classic city in every sense, with sprawling ethnic neighborhoods, diverse arts and educational opportunities, world class as well as local verging on cult cuisine, varied and eclectic nightlife, and one of the most scenic if in need of repair city parks. It has all the historical significance and worthy sights as Boston, is more cosmopolitan than Chicago, and has so much more soul than Los Angeles. Add to this its ease of use; a compact and walk able main tourist area, easy to navigate and more drivable roads than The Big Apple, and you have a city that merits both international and domestic visitors to place it amongst the top cities if not sights in the U. S. to pay homage to.

Perfect Location, Great Decor!

Knowing where to stay in LA can be tricky - the city seems so sprawling. However, the Farmer's Daughter hotel is perfect jumping off ground for those wanting to explore LA.

The hotel itself fitted our needs perfectly. While all the facilities are fairly standard, those small, extra touches make the difference - a CD/DVD player, soft towels, comfortable beds, good showers not to mention the kitch and inspired decoration - from shower curtains to bedspreads to pictures. Someone with imagination and customer awareness has created this hotel.

Oh, and there's also a pool and parking facilites.

I'd recommend this reasonably priced, well located hotel to anyone.

Cute touches make this a great place to stay in LA!

by TripAdvisor Member Atlantatraveler78

The Farmer's Daughter Hotel is a great place to stay if you're looking for something unique yet unpretentious and attitude free. We were instantly charmed by the colorful decor, cute courtyard, and clean, cool rooms. Nice little touches like Internet access (bring your laptop -- very helpful while navigating the city!), big fluffy towels and candy in your room elevate this budget friendly motel above the fray. Plus, you can't beat the location near The Grove and the Farmer's Market: cheap meals, coffee shops and fresh fruit right across the street! Buy your souvenirs there and avoid the tacky shops on Hollywood Blvd. The hotel was also convenient to everything we wanted to see. Cannot say enough about Farmer's Daugher -- I would stay there again.

terrible

I read the reviews and went to their misleading web site and thought this would be a great place to stay. It reminded me of the bates motel with kitsch!!! We made reservations for the week but only stayed one night cause we already payed for it. The next morning at check out they charged us an extra 80 bucks for canceling! we were also charged twice on my credit card and i'm still waiting for my refund. now for the nice-the motel is right across from the grove and you get free parking.there are many other better hotels for the same price very nearby, pass on this one

Excellent Budget Motel

We just returned from a two-night stay at this motel and we enjoyed it tremendously. The staff were friendly, the rooms clean and free of odors! Also, the entire facitlity is charmingly decorated and beautifully yet minimally landscaped. There is a large patio space with comfortable and various chairs in which to hang out. The parking is FREE. There was also a free CD of music in our room, as well as a CD player. In-room fridge. TV includes HBO. The motel is located across from the Farmer's Market and the Grove. Many inexpensive and fine dining restaurants are there as well as shopping and a multi-cineplex. This is walking distance and very pleasant. Nearby are the LACMA (Modern art), Wilshire Blvd, Melrose Blvd., Hollywood Blvd. We also ate a wonderful vegan-thai restaurant called California Vegan (free 1 hour parking) on a nearby street. We will stay there again.

Not the best place to stay, but location is ideal.

by TripAdvisor Member tropiCAL2000

I stayed at the FD July 2004 and am already quite familiar with the LA area so can attest to all of the other reviews on how great the location is. However, the Motel (and yes, it is a MOTEL) is not worth the money I paid (around $125/night out the door via expedia). My room was on the second floor with the front door facing the pool/lobby, and window facing an alley way with apartments on the otherside. Over the windows were corrugated metal awnings, which darkened the room alot! The room size is typical of any Motel/Hotel, and the decor is cute, however it has a 'cheap' ghetto fabulous feel to it. Although I understand part of the theme is suppose to be a down to earth, cool and hip Motel, the only part that lives up to that statement is the Motel Lobby. I've also stayed at the Sofitel Hotel for the same price and that is by far a more superior place to stay and location is only a few blocks away. It's located across the street from the Beverly Center, where there is plenty to see, eat and do. I didn't like the FD because it felt like I was over charged for a spruced up Motel 6 room, but it was definately a unique experience...I wouldn't stay there again (maybe for $60/night but not anythign over that amount), nor would I suggest anyone to stay there.

Great Place to Hold Small Training Sessions or Meetings

by TripAdvisor Member JBonds007

Our Los Angeles Palm User Group (LAPUG) has hosted meetings at this site during the past few months due to the generosity of the hotel's owner, Peter Picataggio. The location is convenient and the staff is totally friendly and courteous. Although I haven't stayed at this hotel yet since I live in the LA area, I wouldn't hessitate to recommend it to an out-of-town friend who wants to tour the Beverly Hills, Mid-Wilshire, Farmer's Market/Grove area. I've stayed at many hotels from the Ritz Carlton to Best Western and I'd have to say that the defining criteria for good quality has always been service and the professional courtesy of the hotel staff. Farmer's Daughter delivers in both regards.

An oasis of serinity and friendliness in the middle of chaos

The Farmer's Daughter Hotel may not seem like much from the outside, you might even miss it if you weren’t looking for it, but once you step inside you will realize why.

The FD has a warm homey feel as soon as you step in the door. It is open and inviting, but at the same time shelters you from the chaos on the street you have just stepped in from. The staff is always smiling, friendly and willing to help with anything that they can. In my short visits, I must say that I never felt unwelcome and almost as if I had returned home on my second trip.

I definitely recommend you give the Farmer's Daughter a try if you are going to be in the area.

Great Location: very friendly and helpful staff

Relatives arrived unexpectedly in L.A. and I was at a loss as to where to put them. Hit upon Farmer's Daughter and they were delighted. It is central to a lot of places they wanted to visit. (Easy to get to Pasadena mid-day for the Huntington, great shopping across the street at the new renovated Farmer's Market and Beverly Hill is ten minutes the the west. It was easy to give directions to the beach and the LACMA.

Nice little hotel - a refreshing change from the pretentious hotels along the "strip." If a casual down to earth atmosphere with attentive service is what you looking for, then this is the place to go.

LA Hotel New CBS Television

by Randall_Burt

Good Afternoon/Night/Evening/Morning. Im looking for a low cost Motel/Hotel within walking distance of CBS Television Studios on Beverly Blvd. I want to check out the Price is Right. I can only remember the Farmers Daughter Motel close By. Is there others? Also. Does Super Shuttle run from LAX to This area and About how much? Thanks, Randall, I wanta be a movie star. I will check back tomorrow. Its bed time before work.

Re: LA Hotel New CBS Television

by joesorce

Farmer's Daughter is closed.

Guesthouse Inn is nearby. A bit nicer is the Days Inn on Sunset Blvd which is just a busride from CBS. I think that Supershuttle is about $28 one way. If you don't have too much luggage you can take the City bus $1.25 but it takes about 2 hours from LAX to CBS

Re: Re: LA Hotel New CBS Television

by pbuyse2

Since when would Farmers Daughter be closed ?
I had a reservation there for this summer but had to cancel myself since i am staying somewhere else.
I spoke and emailed with the manager on several occasions and i do know they were refurbishing during 2003, but should be all done by now.
Their site has been updated since i made the ressies too.
All strange things for a place that could be closed.
Then again, i am not there and have not seen the place in person.
The prices did go up since the refurbs and are now over 100 dollars for the cheapest option.

Re: Re: LA Hotel New CBS Television

by Randall_Burt

Thank You for the information. I am really trying to nudge Myself in going while the airfares are dirt cheap. Have a Great day, Randall.

Comments