9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, California, 90045, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttles Run Often

Just your average hotel.

Unique Quality: Not bad, not good. Just your average hotel. Quality for your money. Pool looks pretty good. Can find street parking across the street by the Embassy Suites. Good thing is that their airport shuttles seem to run quite often.

Directions: Across from the Embassy Suites and next to the Marriott.

• JulesRules's Profile Photo

Staying at the Four Points Sheraton Sta Monica

Located on Pico Boulevard in Sta Monica. About three blocks away from the beach and fifteen minute walk to Pier and Third Street Promenade.

Unique Quality: Beautiful lobby, not very cosy but nice architecture.
    The rooms aren't that big, and a coffee maker in the bathroom is something I don't prefer.
    Not much drawer-room.
    Good beds.
    Swimming pool with beds.
    Large balconee.
    Rooms with partial ocean view, that cost more than the rooms than don't have it, but hey! You're in LA: ocean view is nice.

Directions: West Pico Blvd, close to 6th Street

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Customer service is their job

Casually elegant California style and exceptional service surround you with a gratifying hospitality experience. The 7-story hotel, with its beautifully landscaped outdoor pool area creates the relaxing atmosphere of a getaway hotel. Everything you would expect of the Sheraton name is available to you at the Four Points. Amenity-filled accommodations, appetizing cuisine, preferred recreation, superior facilities and a friendly, dedicated staff exceed all your expectations for a business-class hotel.

Unique Quality: Since we had an early flight out of LAX, we spent the night here...oh what a great choice. We mentioned to them that we were on our way to Maui for a wedding/honeymoon and they upgraded us to a junior suite (which included data ports for fax and computer hook-up, a refrigerator, complimentary breakfast buffet and complimentary welcome gift of bottled water and snacks). Our travel agent got us a great deal which included the "Stay, Park and Fly" package.

Directions: Located approximately 1 mile east of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

• kbl's Profile Photo

Four points by Sheraton Los...

Unique Quality: Best about this hotel is the location next to the international airport. Price is 'decent'. Don't stay here if you're looking for peace. The brochures mention high speed access to the internet in this hotel, which is NOT the case. Not all rooms have this facility and asking for it will not always result in obtaining this (it seems not to be available in many of their rooms)

More about Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Flying in for the day?

Dollar for dollar a very good deal for the airport traveler Quiet, comfortable, and convenient. Parking is ten dollars, but when asked the attendants will let you come in and out all day if you have appointments. Good food, and clean. Not a bad spot for an overnight stay.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member JDFife

For the money, I found this hotel very good value.

I would recommend that you don't have your breakfast there ... go across the road to burger king where you'll get it much much cheaper. Not that I'm a fast food fan.

I was very happy with the room but found the reception staff a bit frosty.

Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member BellaDee

Definately, not the place to stay if you're looking for luxury and a nice place to stay. Also, don't stay in this area of LA unless you're renting a car or just want to hang in the room during your entire stay!!

Better than the competition for the price

Stayed here one night having decided not to return to the Furama after our initial stay. What a difference at the Four Points- much better for the same price!

Really poor guest service

The rooms themselves are nothing to write home about. There are definitely nicer hotels in the area for the same price. But it's the staff that I had issues with. My room had poor wireless connection, and when I called down to ask about this, the front desk manager said that there were certain rooms that had a poor(er) connection, and there was nothing he could do about it. He suggested that I move to a different room to see if it was any better there. He proceeded to tell me to pack up my belongings and to meet him at the elevator on that floor so he could give me the key to the new room. I specifically asked him which one (I knew there were two sets of elevators in the hotel) and he said the one I came up in.

He hung up before I could ask him anything else, so I proceeded to head to the elevators at the back of the hotel. (The elevator that I came up in) After waiting 10 minutes, I called back down to see where he was. He told me that he had come up but didn't find me. He assumed he just missed me and told me to wait there and he would come up again.

To make a long story short, I ended up waiting in the hallway by the elevators for over 30 minutes, while calling back downstairs at LEAST 5 times. I even told them which elevators I was at, and asked them if they wanted me to move to the other one or down to the lobby.. and they kept saying no, just stay put and they'll be right up.

I finally went down to the lobby to complain, and the manager basically told me that he couldn't find me (I never moved once!) and that each time he sent someone up or came up himself, I wasn't there.

I was very upset and told him that this whole incident was absurd. I never moved from where he told me to meet him, and not one staff member approached me at any time. If anything, I should have been compensated for the time I spent waiting around in that hallway alone! He said he was sorry for "inconveniencing" me but there was nothing else he could do and gave me the key to my new room. I was infuriated with the lack of guest service.

It wasn't until I came back down to the front desk later and ASKED for free parking, that I received it. (In fact, I went down to simply ask how much parking was, but because the manager felt bad, he so kindly OFFERED to give me the parking at no charge) Of course, I would never have received anything had I not asked for it to begin with.

I was just appalled at the fact that they would not admit they were wrong. And who knows, they could have just been too lazy to walk to the back elevators to check if I was there.

Unique 24 hr check-in/out for arrival/departures

by TripAdvisor Member outdoor1

This hotel had a unique and value-priced 24 hour check-in/out option.

Reserve directly with the hotel for the convenience of staying up to 24 hours in a club level room. This is especially useful for early/late arrivals/departures.

Check-in/out was quick. A 7th floor club level room in the east wing was quiet, clean, and comfortable on 1/4/05. The staff was friendly and efficient.

The free shuttle to/from LAX is 5 minutes. Calls from the courtesy phone at baggage claim went unanswered late evening 1/3/05. But a call to the main hotel phone number was promptly answered and a shuttle arrived in 10 minutes.

Budget Car rental is directly across the street. Pick-up your car in the morning to avoid overnight parking charges at the hotel.

Hotels Near LAX

by ryaner

Hi

Futher to my previous post we are looking for a hotel near LAX as we are only staying 2 nights in LA & not staying downtown. Looking for something cheap, cheerful and clean. Also would hotels near LAX run tours to the Touristy spots during the day ? Just so we are not cooped up all day. Anyone know any website where I might find out ?

Cheers

Re: Hotels Near LAX

by spartan

Hi,

I've stayed at the Four Points/Sheraton (LAX) and it's a very nice hotel (it's located approximately 1 mile east of the airport...shuttle service is available; go to their website for more information: http://www.fourpointslax.com).

I think if I remember correctly, there was a hospitality desk which provided information related to tours of the ares.

Sincerely,

Spartan

Re: Hotels Near LAX

by Dumpymotel

You could always stay at the MOTEL 6 LAX.. They are always clean but as you know they are not fancy. This particular one is a high rise and looks like it may have once been a holiday Inn.

You can find out more at the motel6 website.

G o o d L u c k

B L A N E

Re: Re: Hotels Near LAX

by joesorce

Hotels near LAX can be quite reasonable on FRI SAT SUN but more expensive mid-week.

The Hacienda Hotel just south of LAX is a decent choice. And for weekends, check out the rates from hotwire.com and Expedia.com. Steer away from the Furama and the Radisson.

Comments