1753 Orchid Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Best Deal in Town

This hotel is right behind the Kodak Theater, directly in the midst of all the happenings of Mann's Chinese Theater, as well as the shopping at the Hollywood and Highland complex. Even so, the hotel has security (i.e. the front door is locked; guests are given a key). Signs at the front state "No Guests After 10:00 p.m." and "$150 charge for smoking in a non-smoking room." My room was an Executive Suite, which cost $109 per night plus tax; it was clean and comfy. There is a small swimming pool, but it doesn't receive much sunlight until later in the afternoon due to its location. Reception staff seemed a little reserved, but kind.

Unique Quality: Beings this hotel is actually a converted apartment building, my room was basically a large studio apartment with its own bathroom, full kitchen and a balcony/terrace. Due to the amenities and the location, this is very good value for the price. Even my L.A. friends said that it was a great deal, after seeing the room. I will definitely stay here again.

Directions: Hollywood, behind the Kodak Theater

• KiwiJes's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

This place was great! The location could not be better. The price was really reasonable and we had such a huge room with a seperate room off the main room for a kitchen. It was huge!

It was really clean and tidy. Possibly a little dated, but nothing major and I couldnt fault it for the price.

Right outside is Hollywood and Highlands mall which puts you right in the heart of Hollywood. It is at the back of the Kodak theatre with a walkway through to the mall and theatre - you could not get closer!

It wasnt noisy as being behind the mall meant it was off the main street which was a bonus. I would absolutely stay here again.

Unique Quality: A nice big pool and really generous sized rooms.

Directions: Right behind Hollywood & Highlands Mall/Kodak Theatre.

• Chilita's Profile Photo

Hotel with great location

This hotel is perfectly located,it is right behind the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, one street behind the Hollywood walk of fame,Chinese Theatre...the people at the hotel were all very friendly and ready to answer all our questions. The rooms weren't expensive, just make sure you reserve in advance. There's a safe garage for your vehicule.

I was very happy to stay at this hotel, for a first time in Los Angeles, it was the perfect location.

More about Hollywood Orchid Suites

Would recommend the Hollywood Orchid Suites

by TripAdvisor Member Triever

We stayed in a suite with 2 king beds (1 in a separate bedroom, & 1 in the "living room"). We were travelling with my Mom & the separate bedroom allowed for privacy.

The suite was larger & nicer than we expected & we stayed for 4 nights with no complaints. Good value for the money & centrally located.

We would definitely stay there again.

Another great stay

Orchid Suites continues to be a great bargain in a prime Hollywood location. I've stayed here with family members two years in a row and would certainly return.

Rooms are large with (in many cases) a well-equipped full kitchen. Underground parking is safe, secure, and convenient. Pool is a pleasant diversion and well-maintained. I noticed a problem with a loose spotlight in the pool this year, reported it to the front desk and was impressed to see it fixed in a matter of hours. At some hotels, that type of problem means closing the pool for days at a stretch. The rooftop garden/sunning spot is a great place to relax and watch the activity below.

The only minor problem this year was with a noisy neighbor above us. When I mentioned it to the front desk, they asked the family to take another room on the first floor: problem solved.

Staffers are friendly, helpful and well-informed. We left a video cord behind this year, and they tracked it down and mailed it to us at no charge.

Overall, a great stay and a great bargain. I highly recommend it.

Great location for the price

It's not a five-star hotel. But if you're on a budget and want to be close to lots of LA attractions, this is a good choice. Our family of four stayed five nights in March 2005 and had a good experience, once we got settled into our third and final room. The first room, allegedly non-smoking, had been smoked in. The management was extremely helpful and moved us to a better room than we had reserved. The hotel is located immedately behind the Hollywood and Highland Center and the Kodak Theater. You're just a few steps from this fabulous complex and a Metro station. Walk to a variety of restaurants and attractions. Ride Metro to Universal Studios--one stop away. If you're looking for luxury, this is not your place. But if you're looking for a decent, clean place to stay with a kitchen and easy access to LA (plus free secure parking), you won't beat this price. One bit of advice: Ask for a room along the side or back of the complex. The few rooms that front on Orchid Street are more noisy because of the odd-hours loading and unloading at the Hollywood and Highland complex.

great place for the price

great place right behind chinese theater, and next door to train and mall. tucked in a corner away from the not such nice elements of hollywood. nice pool and rooftop garden. great price

Good Place to stay for the $$

You know after reading some of these reviews I am amazed at some the negativity. I found this hotel a four years ago for some friends of mine who were coming into town for some events. Ever since then we've stayed at this hotel. The staff is friendly and they remember us. The rooms are nice and clean, right near the heart of Hollywood USA. For the money that you pay for this hotel it is great. Its NOT the Ritz, you want that shell out the cash and stay at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel which is right next to The Orchid, but you wouldn't be spending this type of money for the Ritz. You've have free secure parking and secure entrance into the hotel. The pool and garden area are pleasant. So if you are looking for something nice, secure, friendly staff, spacious rooms, with a Full Kitchen and not wanting to pay out the nose, this is your place to stay.

Hotel Not So Good, Location Great

I chose Hollywood Orchid Hotel for the location. I thought it was going to be alot better, by reading other peoples reviews online. Not so in my case. I was told I would get a room with a view, and I got a view of a wall. The shower's drain wouldn't stay up, so I had to turn off the water to soap up. My handicap mother who was with me for Mother's Day, couldn't even use the shower because of this. Parking underground great, but if you leave in the evening, you won't be parking in the underground garage when you come back. (Parking Very Limited) I had a coupon for $65 for 2 beds/kitchette. They said they couldn't honor the price due to weekend. So I had to pay $79 ($90 total), and still had to give them the coupon for that price. The place was OLD, and Run Down. I brought my own sheets, and blanket which really helped me deal with this place. The only thing good about this place is the location. You walk underneath the Renaissance Hotel, and your right at the Hollywood Blvd. Outside Mall, Kodak Theatre, and Manns Chinese Theatre. If you don't care where you sleep, then here's your place. Personally I would spend a extra few bucks a get a better hotel. The Roosevelt is just is close, and you can get good deals online. Stay away from room #302 BAD.... The Indians/Indonesians that run the hotel are nice, but don't give a ---- if something goes wrong in your room. Sorry is all you'll get.

Fantastic hotel & location!

Stayed here for a week December 2004, including Christmas day, and couldn't have been more impressed. Rooms are large (ours had a kitchen, which has a door you can close so you can make a cup of coffee and not disturb anyone sleeping or watching TV), beds are good. Older style furnishings but everything is clean. Staff are very nice and helpful, and the location is fantastic. Just a very short walk out the front door into the back of Hollywood & Highland centre, and a bus stop and train/subway station is right out the front of Hollywood & Highland centre - there is aslo a tourist information desk there too. I found the rate on Expedia the same as booking directly with them so I did that. They were very prompt with their confirmation and with any questions I had. If you check out the hotel's website they have a very clear description and layout of what the rooms are like which I found very helpful. Couldn't recommend it enough, for sheer space in the rooms, location, cleanliness, and helpfulness of staff it can't be beaten on price.

by Alicia57

Does anyone have any information on this hotel? Hollywood Orchid suites is located behind the Chinese Theater, Hollywood Walk of Fame and the new Kodake Theater home of the Academy Awards etc....is this a good location....safe for a family?.....

RE: Hollywood Orchid Suites

by tracys2cents

Check the Comfort Suites on Highland Avenue....same general neighborhood but a nicer part of the neighborhood, I have seen $81 a night and much better than the Orchid Suites. Brand new, actually.

by Alicia57

Thanks for the information. Is that a neighborhood that you would bring your family to stay? We are a family of 5 (includes 17,19 & 20 yr old) staying for 3 days to see LA.....Would you recommend another neighborhood? Thanks

by joesorce

The area is okay, getting better all the time, lots of tourists around. I would not walk around the area ALONE late at night but together you are fine.

Orchid suites is an old apartment building, converted into a "hotel". It is okay as a last resort but if Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn Highland is available they are a bit longer walk from the mall (maybe 2 blocks) but worth it.

by Alicia57

Thanks for helping me out. We don't have to stay in the Highland area....I have no idea where would be best for our family...Would we be better off near the beach? Where would my teenagers (17,.19 20) get the most out of this trip? I'm sure they are not going to want to hang out with their parents the whole time!.. Thank you for any information.

by tracys2cents

What's your budget and what time of year?

Comments