7041 Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, California, 91405, United States
Hotels.com Tingo.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Los Angeles

Venice beach boardwalk.Venice beach boardwalk.

Hollywood StarHollywood Star

Dia de los Muertos figurinesDia de los Muertos figurines

kiss me darling!kiss me darling!

lax to andaz hotel west hollywood AND downtown to LAX

by bean4bean4

Hello all vters

1) I will arrive on Monday august 2nd at LAX and will rent a car. I will arrive around 4 pm and will drive to my hotel (ANDAZ- formerly Hyatt). What is the best route you would suggest to avoid traffic jam(Monday afternoon!!!). I know the 405 would not be a good idea..but please tell me....

2) Same question but on monday august 9 at 6h30 am from downtown LA to LAX.

p.s. I do have googled them, but the suggested roads use 405 and there is a mention that is WILL BE VERY LONG IF TRAFFIC IS HUGE....
thanks a lot.

by GracesTrips

Unfortunately, it seems like your hotel is in West LA/Hollywood? The 405 fwy is probably your best bet. Taking side streets will not get you there any faster. However, it is summer and school is out and quite a few people are on vacation so the freeways are not as bad as they could be any other time of the year. If you really dread driving in traffic, I suggest you find a nice restaurant near LAX to hang out at for a few hours, the traffic will lighten up quite a bit.

FYI, I always like taking the 105 fwy to/from LAX is very convenient and easy but this appears to be out of the way for you. The 110 is really bad going into and out of LA because of downtown. Hope you enjoy your stay here in SoCal. The weather has been great! But, I like it hotter!

by Odinnthor

I agree with the above. remember, you only have to use the freeway twice, as opposed to those that go to work here everyday.

To get to West Hollywood, take the 405 to Sunset Blvd off ramp, and turn right to 8041 Sunset Blvd. Reverse it on return.

As for downtown, from the airport take the 405 to the 10 and turn right to downtown. From your hotel, take Sunset east to the 101 South on ramp, to downtown.

Check out my Los Angeles/Hollywood/Beverly Hills page for further information and all pertinent websites.

Yes there will be traffic, but just take a deep breath and you will be there in no time.......d:o)

by Odinnthor

I probably should add that the distance from the airport to Sunset is relatively short in L.A. terms, so it is not like you will loose your mind over a bit of traffic. Just roll with it.

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

Frank Gehry Does It To Me...Again!

by tpal

If you enjoy tracking down "trophy architecture" like Carol and I, then sooner or later you either get your socks knocked off or end up saying "What were they thinking?". The former Chiat/Day building designed by Frank Gehry certainly had me scratching my head in bewilderment.

The strange assemblage of building styles, combined with the four story tall black binoculars which you walk under the enter the building, made me curious to learn more about the project. What I discovered seemed pretty interesting me...although unless you are interested in architectural minutia, my ramblings might bore you as much as another Gehry stainless steel ribbon...apologies to all of Frank's fans.

In any event, if you can put up my some of my "blog-like" writing, check out my "More Frank Gehry I Love to Hate" travelogue.

As a side note, when I tried to take a picture from under the giant binocular, a security guard raced out informed us that picture taking was not allowed from within the building property at the request of the architect. We could, of course, go across the street...

Be a total tourist!! See...

by CAPPYCJ

Be a total tourist!! See Hollywood, take guided tours of some very interesting areas of the city, visit the J. Paul Getty Museum (call ahead and make reservations, though!) and spend at least one day just driving up the Pacific Coast Highway. Dinner at sunset on the Pacific Coast Highway...awesome!!

Don't stop at just L.A.

by Buzzcoffee

Southern California boasts a lot to do around L.A. as well. Great parks, beaches and camping, all of which are not too far away. Depending on the direction you head, a couple of hours from the city can take you to serene beaches, old missions, desserts and lakes. Below are some of my favorites in order of distance from the city.

(Key SB=State Beach, SP=State Park)

Los Angeles
1. Leo Carrillo SB, 818-880-0350 (Malibu)

San Diego (South of L.A.)
1. San Onofre SB, 949-492-4872 (San Clemente)
2. Torrey Pines SB, 858-755-2063
(Camping at San Elijo SB, 760-753-5091)

Central Coastal (North of L.A.)
1. McGrath SB, 805-968-1033 (Oxnard, South of Santa Barbara)
2. Carpinteria SB, 805-968-1033 (South of Santa Barbara)
3. El Capitan SB, 805-968-1033 (North of Santa Barbara)
4. Refugio SB, 805-968-1033 (North of Santa Barbara)
5. Gaviota SP 805-968-1033, 805-899-1400 (North of Santa Barbara)

Channel Islands
(Boat to islands-Island Packers 805-642-1393)
1. Santa Rosa Island Campground, 800-365-2267, 805-658-5730
2. Santa Barbara Island

Catalina
(Boat to island-Catalina Express)
1. Avalon
2. Two Harbors

High Sierras (a little farther out of L.A.)
1. Red Rock Canyon
2. Mammoth
3. Yosemite (a must if you’ve never been there!)
4. Death Valley

For State Parks/Beaches: www.parks.ca.gov/
· click on Find a Park
· click on Regions
· click on name of place to get more info

Disneyland

by KaiM

Go to Disneyland at Anaheim. It´s not only for kids. The peaceful, beautiful world of World Disney fascinates everybody. Beside the cartoon characters you should check out the thrilling rides, the rollercoastes, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and a submarine ride. Go to the park early in the morning and stay for the whole day. The first view I caught of the city while I was sitting in the plane getting ready to land at Los Angeles International Airport. To see the skyline and the world-famous Hollywood sign in the hills north of the city was awesome.

The Rose Parade

by malianrob

The Rose Parade is actually held in Pasadena, County of Los Angeles. It is probably the most famous parade around. Thousands od people come from all over the country to see the New Years Day Rose Parade.
2010 was the first time I had gone to see it. I usually watch it on tv every year choosing to stay in my warm bed and not fight traffic and freeze outside. This year (2010) a good friend of mine said that we should go because we life in Southern California and had never seen it. So we made a plan to do it. We left the house at 5am so that we can attempt to get a decent spot. Luckily we had another friend who comes every year, rents a hotel room right on the parade route and he managed to save us a few spots.
The parade starts promptly at 8am but people are sitting out there from the day before. Concidering the amount of people out everything goes pretty smoothly most of the time. The parade last for a few hours then good luck getting out of Pasadena. The traffic is horrible. Watching the Rose Parade is something you have to go to at least once in a lifetime.

Comments