2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 41% more and rated 22% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• VERY basic

Back in August 2005 i was in Los Angeles for the first time and as i didnt have lots of money to spend i settled on this place for 3 nights before moving to a hotel in Anaheim for 3 nights. From first impression of the lobby the only way to describe it is to say the whole place has a "Faded 1980's....almost dusty look to it"

Whilst the girl who checked me in was very pleasant and checked me in straight away as i'd just flown direct from Australia and was very tired! The room was a bit of a let down. First of all it wasn't much bigger then a closet and from memory was on the 2nd floor. The bed had ink stains all over it (At least i hope it was ink) but i was too tired to go down and argue and the sheets underneath the bedspread looked clean so i settled. The Tv was ancient and didnt even have a remote! I think i only had about 12 channels. The bathroom was small but had your usual shower and shampoo bottles. My room had a fantastic view of a brick wall.

Later that morning i needed to get some headache tablets and walked out of the hotel only to find i was deep in the heart of the ghetto. The whole location felt really unsafe (And i'm a white male) and i did notice that a lot of the restaurants in the area including McDonalds closed at 5pm!!! Never a good sign! I ended up having to order in (Hotel can provide delivery places) except for one night when the Epicentre Restaurant was open (It's only open at selected times) Metro Station was located across the road and down to the right a bit. I was able to get to Hollywood etc through that. The hotel plug Ventura Tours for most day trips but they did forget to pick me up on one of the tours despite my confirmation no! I'd recommend people stay in Anaheim you can still do all the same tours from there and the Disney Area felt a LOT Safer

I wouldnt return to this hotel.

Unique Quality: None

Directions: Ghetto District

More about Kawada Hotel

Accommodation in LA

by Clodagh

I’m intending to stay in LA for a couple of days from around the 30th of November to the 5th of December this year.
I was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere for me to stay.
Ideally it would be clean, reasonably priced, safe and well located (city centre only). Youth Hostel, Hotel, B&B, anything really.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions.

Also can anyone tell me if there are any outlet stores in LA or within a bus journey (couple of hours)??? The names would be great cause then I can look them up on the net.

Re: Accommodation in LA

by Stasigrace

Outlet malls around LA (I have no idea how to get there by bus but I'm sure there's a way) include Camarillo Outlets (about 1 hour north of city center) and Cabazon/Desert Hills Outlets (about 1 1/2 hours east of city center). There are also some outlet malls on the way to Vegas if you head out that way.
One thing you should know is that LA doesn't have a city center per se. If you tell us what you're interested in doing here, we can better recommend an area to stay in. It will depend widely on it you want to do the beach, or amusement parks, or an architecture tour, etc.

Re: Accommodation in LA

by tanya_jade

I was in LA in July and stayed at the Kawada Hotel in downtown LA. It was part of my QANTAS holiday package and was the cheapest one going ($AU118 p/night - about $US70 p/night). I thought it was very clean and comfortable. I didnt feel too safe in the location though (but then again, I am young and female and a scaredy-cat). If I did it again I would definitely have stayed in Hollywood somewhere where it might have been a bit safer to go out at night without too much worry.

Comments