Le Parc Suites Hotel

LeParcSuites.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Le Parc Suites Hotel

Best Hotel In West Hollywood

by TripAdvisor Member ~Fianna

I've stayed at Le Parc Suites 6 times, now. We were there for New Years Eve, and had a five-day stay. The room was perfect for the three of us, and we had a wonderful time. The staff, as always was friendly and professional. The room was wonderful, the fireplace provided the perfect ambiance for the room during the chilly months.

This trip there were three of us in the room, and the hotel had no problem accomodating all of us. Everything extra we asked for, from pillows to another robe, was promptly and cheerfully provided.

We always order breakfast to our suite at least once during every trip. The hotel's room service always delivers a wonderful continental breakfast (although there are other options, the croissants and muffins are so good that I wouldn't want anything else) at exactly the time you order it.

This trip, we took advantage of having suite service for dinner as well. The order arrived promptly and the server took their time setting up the meal on the dining room table and was more than happy to come back with glasses for wine we'd purchased elsewhere.

The balcony gave a nice view of the Hollywood hills, and even though it was chilly, the rooftop pool was still a nice place to sit and have a quiet drink before venturing off to sample West Hollywood's nightlife.

This is my favorite place to stay in Los Angeles, and I wouldn't even consider trying another hotel. Le Parc Suites has earned my business time and time again, and I want to give Jennifer in reservations special recognition for helping us get reservations for the 17th - 20th of May, even though all of Los Angeles is booked due to an electronics convention. When I called and asked if there was availability, she did her best to accomodate us, and I didn't even have to grovel, which I was prepared to do.

A nice place to stay

I stayed at Le Parc Suites in April 2005. We found a rate of $185, plus taxes and parking, on one of the travel websites. The rate was only for a studio unit. On the hotel's website, they had a B&B studio deal for $225, including parking (about $20/day), taxes and a $25 breakfast credit. For a true one bedroom unit, the B&B deal was $289.

The hotel seems to be a converted apartment building on a very convenient street in West Hollywood. The $25 breakfast credit was barely enough for 2 people. The restaurant's room was charming. The service was amiable but slow even with few guests present. This may be acceptable in Los Angeles, but New Yorkers would find it intolerable.

There was a small gym with some weight machines, an elliptical machine, a stairmaster and a treadmill. There was a small rooftop pool, whirlpool and tennis court, with an area for lounging, eating and drinking.

The rooms were well appointed, except for the bathroom. The shower/toilet area was tiny. Without automatic ventilation, the room became very steamy and mold on the ceiling was evident. The bathroom did not smell. While some tripadvisor reviewers called the place "family friendly", not having a lock on the bedroom door is not very friendly to the parents. Having the bathroom in the center of the unit would have also been more family friendly, as one should not have to trudge through the bedroom to get to a bathroom in a well laid out unit.

Other nice amenities included a free movie library, lots of movie channels including IFC and apples in the lobby. The valet was quick to bring out our car and the other staff was friendly.

In the immediate area, we tried an ecletic Asian restaurant called Yi, the Urth Cafe and Le Pain Quotidien. The later two were excellent for coffee, breakfast and desserts.

We visited Six Flags Magic Mountain on a Monday. There were no crowds and no evidence of a rough element that I read about. We didn't need to purchase the "Fast Pass". We managed to make 20 rides on the 15 of 16 major rollercoasters operating, in four hours. Lines were so short, one could ride the same rollercoaster twice in a row.

Other highlights were a trip to the Getty Museum and the La Brea Tar Pits. The Getty's buidlings are magnificent and there are some exceptional pieces of art. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, in NYC, has a more extensive collection but the building is not as attractive. The tar pits have a great museum detailing the history of the area and displaying many of the discoveries from the pits, with many saber tooth cats, pre-historic bears, birds and other animals.

The only place to stay.

This is the only place that we stay in LA. We love the friendly staff, the excellent restaurant and the beautiful rooms combined with the great and very convenient location make this an excellent choice for anyone who is doing business or vacationing in the West Hollywood area.

Good Deal...

LPS popped up for about $100 a nite as a "Can we book your hotel, too?" offer when I bought my plane ticket on Travelocity (vs $185 when I just serached for a hotel) so based on reviews here decided to give it a shot.

The building used to be apartments, and the suites are very large for a hotel (but these were tiny apartments!) Quiet neighborhood one block off La Cienaga (and Melrose) so superb location.

The aesthetic of the place mught be hip by flyover standards, but certainly not by LA's - furnishings were in good condition but it looked like my Aunt Gladys did the decorating. But large and comfortable, with two TVs, mini kitchen, dining table, dressing area etc.

At $200 a nite I'd say you can do better, UNLESS you need a lot of space, which is hard to find in LA. But at $100 or so (plus the inevitable $20+ for parking) this is a steal.

Would Not Rave But Decent

by TripAdvisor Member sdtraveller

We did a weekend getaway with about 8 other people and stayed at Le Parc for the first time. I travel often to LA and this is probably the most average place I ave stayed. However, price wise it is a value. Rooms are small suites, dated and worn, but kept up. Our room had a small kitchenette and was overall comfortable.

They have a car service that will take you within a few miles and they driver was terrific. They guy at the front desk was basically rude. If you are looking for any West Hollywood or LA glam this is not the place. If you are looking for a practical place to use as a base this place will work. One other note, if you are visiting someone in West Hollywood you can get a resident area discount.

Great Value for the WeHo/Bev Hills Area

This hotel is the best cost per value in the West Hollywood-Beverly Hills area. The rooms are huge and the staff is like family. Everytime I stay I am always pleased. It is close to great restaurants. When I'm in the area I usually dine at the Spanish Kitchen and Koi--which are both in walking distance. I've tried other hotels but I always come back to Le Parc.

Not to good

This hotel is not worth the money ! Our room was terrible. It had a smell to it, the bathtub leaked water, there was a big hole in the ceiling in the bathroom, and the toliet would not shut off so we had to shut the bathroom door. We left after one night and will not return. Room was shabby, in need of an overhaul.

it was nice

the hotel was in a safe neighborhood,and centrally located(minutes to anywhere)we stayed for a week and overall really liked it,the staff at the desk,and the valet were extremely pleasurable.
the only complaint that i have is that the maids did not fully clean our room,it was not vacuumed daily.
would i stay again? yes

Nice, quiet location

by TripAdvisor Member curlyloo

I only stayed here for a weekend. The hotel appeared to be converted from a apartment building to its current incarnation. We had a one-bedroom suite, which included a dining area, living room, and kitchenette. Plenty of room for people and purchases. There was even a plasma tv in the bedroom and a regular tv in the living room. Since the living room had a queen-sized sofabed, four people could easily stay in this suite. Our special rate included breakfast for two and parking, which was a good deal. Breakfast is by room-service.

Some minor inconveniences/annoyances: The parking lot has very tight spaces. If you rent a large car, as we did, parking can be a challenge. In addition, there isn't space to loop around the parking lot. If you go to the end of a lane and there are no spaces, you need to reverse to get out of the parking lot. We asked for turn-down service, but the request was not honored. Although the hotel tells you that you will get a $30 credit for breakfast, we actually didn't get it all. We were credited for two breakfast entrees (totalling less than $25) and needed to pay for the remaining items above that amount.

This is a good hotel if you are a business traveler on an extended trip or if you are planning a shopping weekend.

Los Angeles

by SFHulaGIrl

Los Angeles… Where do I begin? Everyone loves to hate L.A., but you know what? I LOVE L.A. and I don't care who knows it! I lived there for a little more than 15 years, from the early 80's into the 90's, and my life was full in many ways. So bash L.A. all you want 'cause I'm not listening!

The memories of ... laser shows at the Griffith Observatory, drinks at Yamashiro, Sunday brunch at Simply Blues, dancing at the Red Onion on Wilshire Boulevard, drinking at Nicky Blair's and Le Dome, group outings to Catalina Island, the interactive play "Tamara," pedal boats at Lake Castaic, Pavarotti at the Hollywood Bowl, listening to Jed the Fish on KROQ, hiking at Angeles National Forest, dancing in the aisles at Larry Parker's Beverly Hills Diner, nursing hangovers at Snow White's on Hollywood Blvd., drinks & dessert at Bistango, motorcycle riding along Mulholland Drive… were some of the best.

When my job offered to relocate me to San Francisco (where I always THOUGHT I wanted to live), I jumped at the chance. I was hoping to start fresh with more motivation and make new friends. The days leading up to the move were a flurry of packing, finding a new home for my beloved Chow, Anela (a.k.a. Pooh Bear, Monster-osity, Anela Bella), saying goodbye to friends, and trying to smooth things over with my then-boyfriend. We partyed so hard that final Saturday in L.A. I had a suite at Le Parc hotel in West Hollywood and invited people who invited more people and on and on it went. The front desk kept calling and saying that "so and so" was here to see me. I'd have no idea who they were, but had them sent up anyway! On my last day in L.A., my boyfriend asked me what I wanted to do. I wanted to go to the beach, which was no big surprise. We went to Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach, got tattoos (something we'd always talked about and finally did that day), and had a late lunch along the Third Street Promenade. When we arrived at the airport, I thought I was fine. Then I looked out the window and it hit me. I'm really leaving. I'm leaving this huge city that's been my home for so long. I'm sitting in this airport where I've flown in and out of too many times to count. I felt a pain in my heart and I started to cry; not just softly, but hard enough that I could barely breathe. I felt I was making a mistake, but it was too late to change it. He was so sad, too. He tried to comfort me, but it was little use. I cried as I boarded the plane, during the entire flight to San Francisco, and all the way to the hotel. Was it worth it? Definitely not.

Comments