Los Feliz Lodge

Venice beachVenice beach

LA birds...LA birds...

LA Travel related Jobs

by Anisam601

Hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me how far the airport is from Los Angeles?

by goodfish

It probably depends on which part of LA - it's a big city... Where are you staying?

LAX is about 16 miles from central downtown LA

by melek02

Don't you know how to use google?

by mccalpin

Which airport? There are a number of commercial airports in the greater LA area...LAX is merely the biggest, but it's also the one I go to great lengths to avoid ;-)

Bill

Very good, Bill!

by Anisam601

You always this cheeky?

by melek02

No only if somebody asks distance to moon or to LAX here.
This info can be easily found in internet

by GlobeTrekr

Just let us know where exactly in LA? You might be better off landing into another airport (as Bill said) but if you're arriving internationally it will be LAX. The length of time from your destination to LAX (or any other local airport) will depend on the route you take, time of day, and traffic......so, where in LA? From downtown its about 16-18 miles (credit to Goodfish!). Distance, of course, is fixed but time VARIES DRASTICALLY!

by Odinnthor

LAX to Downtown LA is $43.00 fixed in a taxi.

Original Poster, - you must admit that your very generic question is really inviting a "cheeky" response. There are several international airports in the Greater Los Angeles area. From LAX to Los Angeles can range from 3 miles to 30 miles. So don't be miffed if you get a cheeky response. Besides, it is one of the easiest solutions to find on the internet. Cheeky? Yes. Malicious? Eh, no.
Good luck.....d:o)

by Odinnthor

.....and what is with the headline? How does it relate to the question....?

by sylv2

Very funny responses but understandable. As soon as I saw the post I thought "Oh No" they will go to town on this and you did! I will be very careful with my questions! By the way if you could tell me how far from LAX to the moon I would be forever in your debt!

by Odinnthor

It is 238,857 miles from LAX. From Burbank Airport it is 238.872 miles......now you owe me.....d:o)

by we135b

the cheeky answer is that LAX is IN los angeles.

by Odinnthor

More accurately it is in Westchester, "a neighborhood within West Los Angeles", but yes it is technically in Los Angeles.......cheeky buggas' indeed.......d:o)

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

Seeing Stars

by cheap_tourist

I finally saw some stars when I attended several Hollywood Walk of Fame inauguration ceremonies. The stars have to be present when they receive their star on the Walk of Fame. The stars I saw include Jackie Chan, Steven Spielberg, Ozzy Osbourne, Nicole Kidman, Harrison Ford, and Kevin Costner.

If you are from out of town (and are into celebrities), you may want to check the website of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to see if there are scheduled ceremonies during your trip.

Another sure way to see celebrities is to watch the tapings of various tv shows produced in L.A. You can get FREE tickets to these shows on the Internet. Audiences for these shows are also often recruited at the courtyard of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Blvd.

The best thing I liked about...

by FLT005

The best thing I liked about LA was the city in it self. I enjoyed taking the tour of the stars home. I also enjoyed eatting on Melrose Ave at a place called 'The Burger That Ate LA'. I vistied Universal Studios Hollywood, Gromans Theater, The Shrine Autitoriom, Capital Records, Wilshire Blvd, The Beverly Hills Hotel, The Hollywood Bowl& The Walk of Stars. These are not all that I visited I just cannot remeber everything, these are what stood out. Shopping at the Garment District.

Proud Bird Restaurant

by Waalewiener

This restaurant ..Proud Bird is famous in aviation circles for displaying such great historic planes .The location of the restaurant is very near the LAX airport . .
The adress of this restaurant is
Proud Bird Restaurant.
11022 Aviation Blvd .Los Angeles .CA .90045 This plane is called
The Flying Tiger

VT Meeting @ Santa Monica

by vigi

So... I mess up our plan. We didn't have time for rest nor shower, just put down our luggage, had a pee, then rushed down to Santan Monica. I was pressured, so as my brother who have to drive all the way from San Diego this morning... Both were tired! We were very late, Yubert and Fatimah were calling and afaraid we got lost. By the way we arrived the restaurant in Santa Monica it was 1.5 hours late. And so sorry that all of them were waiting for us before ordering food... But then we had a great dinner, that's for the LA crews.

Celebrity watch - Head to In-N-Out burger

by Sophie1980

This is a popular place for celebs and civilians to get fast food. It was in In-Touch(a celeb watch magazine I buy religiously) as being a great place to see stars from Brad Pitt to Britney Spears (they had pictures of them all at this place). We stopped off at one in L.A before heading back to Oceanside, but alas, no celebs. Probably because they all go through the drive thru. Worth a try though. And fab., fresh burgers.

Comments