Los Angeles Hotels

Our Members Say

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Knotts Berry Farm Hotel: Roses, not raspberries !

Spotlessly clean hotel we stayed 2 nights on a package that gave us one day park admission and two days at the breakfast buffet at Amber Waves restaurant.

Only small nuisance value was the wash hand basin being outside of the WC/ bathroom - then again does let me shave while the other half is in there

Would stay again - and stay beyond our post flight nightstop and theme park visit, good base for Orange County and beyond

Walking distance to the theme park - so, without the car, i finally get to enjoy a beer at the Calico Saloon

• Related to: Festivals, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written June 30, 2014

Knotts Berry Farm Hotel

• Madasabull profile photo Madasabull
  • Reviews: 238

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Crazy street fight behind the hotel in LA

We were due to fly home to the UK, but our flight was removed because of deep snow in London, so we where given a hotel by the airport. What a crazy hotel this was, and a poor service again from LAX.

We were also given vouchers for our food at the hotel. Meal tickets would you believe, and only for a main meal a day. It turned out we were there for 3 days, and each day had to return to the airport to get more vouchers for the hotel and meals. I tell you, talk about a rubbish service from an airport, this is the worst airport I have ever been to, and Ive been to Goa :)

During the night, there was a loud noise coming from our open window that backed on to the hood :), and there were a number of people with sticks and weapons, chasing each other back and to in the street below. It was crazy, and kind of funny at the same time. Didnt see anyone get hurt, and hope they didn't.

Anyway, when we returned to the UK when the weather got better, we were then stuck in a London hotel because our flight to Manchester was removed due to bad weather. What a nighmare time with regard to flights this trip was, but, on the plus side, not only did we get money for our mess in LA, we got money for our mess in London too, and it was an adventure to talk about.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Adventure Travel
  • Written December 13, 2013
Tip Photo

• traveldogs profile photo traveldogs
  • Reviews: 32

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood (A Kimpton Ho: Another wonderful pet friendly hotel

Our parents had friends visiting from the UK, so we all drove up to spend Saturday and Sunday with them. Our parents went online at PetsWelcome to look for accomodations which would accept us (regardless of size) and found The Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood (A Kimpton Hotel). Excellent choice, great location and very, very friendly. We had a fantastic room with view of downtown L.A. and a nice neighborhood behind the hotel so that they could walk us.

We didn't use all of the facilities available to us, but did go downstairs for the Wine Happy Hour, internet was free and we received a welcome package (dog food, water, bowl, treats, etc.). Overall, we were very impressed and will definitely stay here again...that's if our owners allow it

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Family Travel, Travel with Pets
  • Written April 1, 2013

• Anakha profile photo Anakha
  • Reviews: 6

Banana Bungalow West Hollywood: Nothing more to wish for

I stayed at the Banana Bungalow together with a friend who accompanied me on my trip. We shared a private room, which was actually a room for four (about $45/night). We had a double bed and a bunk bed, a big flat screen television, our own fridge and microwave, a balcony and our own bathroom. Most people stayed in the 6-person dorms (less than $40/night) though.
We had an amazing time here. It was really easy to meet new people and the staff was friendly and helpful.
Also handy: the free garage, the apple computers with free internet and the free tea and coffee all day long
I would definitely recommend this hostel and will be going there again on my next trip to LA.

Banana Bungalow West Hollywood had a lot of outstanding characteristics:
- the Tiki bar and garden. The hostel has an outdoor area where everybody can sit, drink and relax.
- it's also the place where breakfast is served every morning. Did I mention you get breakfast for free?
- and that's not all you get. Twice a weak there's a free bbq and once a week you can have spaghetti or something else for only $5
- once a week there's free stand-up comedy
- and the hostel organizes other activities every night
- there's also a lounge area inside and a chill and party room in the basement
- despite everything that's going on at the hostel, everybody who's not going to bed at midnight needs to go down to the basement to make sure everybody who wants to sleep, can do so.

Oh, and the hostel also has a terrace with some fitness apparatus.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 6, 2012

The Tiki Bar

• Bob_Shan profile photo Bob_Shan
  • Reviews: 526

Dolphin's Cove resort: Dolphin's Cove resort

A nice family resort, however the facilities are a bit old.

5 mins to Disneyland, close to Anaheim commercial center.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 7, 2012

• ViajesdelMundo profile photo ViajesdelMundo
  • Reviews: 281

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HACIENDA HOTEL & Conference Center: Overnight for LAX departure

I chose this hotel for an overnight stay prior to departure on international flight from LAX due to a discount they were giving. (Usually I stay at the TraveLodge LAX, with which I am quite satisfied)

They are also on the Park-Room-Fly system if you need a room for a night prior to or after your flight, where you can leave your car while you are gone.

The reception area was welcoming, in this older hotel, with seating for waiting, etc., various travel desks and brochures. My room was waaaay in the back and necessitated a fair walk in outside conditions and it was windy and raining at the time. The room was comfortable and adequate, but just seemed a little depressing to me.

There are a couple restaurants on site and I ate at the MARIPOSA, which was fine except for slow check-out both in the evening and the next morning; I think they were having trouble with their credit card machine. But my corned beef hash in the morning was HOMEMADE and quite good!

(unfortunately my photos got erased from my camera before I could download but there are some on their website)

as their name connotes, they have Convention facilities for meetings.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written October 1, 2011

• fishandchips profile photo fishandchips
  • Reviews: 871

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Carmel: Hotel Carmel

Located in Santa Monica and near lots of shopping, the Hotel Carmel is ideally located for the beach and a bit of retail therapy. We stayed here on the way back home from our 2003 Europe trip and it was okay though a bit run down. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Not much more to say really!

There is a restaurant beside the Hotel so not far to go for food given that the Carmel doesn't have its own kitchen.

• Written September 3, 2011

• funkycarla8 profile photo funkycarla8
  • Reviews: 4

Quality Inn nr Hollywood Walk of Fame: Great Los Angeles Hotel

The staff were very friendly especially the manager who was on the front desk when we checked in and out. There wasn't a concierge but staff were well informed of the local area and very helpful.

The pool was quite small however the hotel only has a handful of rooms so it isn't necessary for it to be any larger. After 8ish the pool is out of bounds so you don't have to worry about people shouting and splashing around when you're trying to sleep.

The room i stayed in was on the ground floor and opposite the stairs. The only thing that annoyed me was the lack of natural light due to being next to the stairs so our window was opposite a wall!

The breakfast room has about 6 tables in and is supervised the whole time. There was a good range of food however if you arrived anytime after 8:30am there wasn't much left! However it does open early so if you plan on heading out early for a flight or a long day sightseeing you can eat first. They lock the breakfast room for the rest of the day so if you need extra spoons or anything for drinks in your room i would grab some then, but if you ask at reception they will unlock it for you.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a good size. I shared with my best friend and we never felt on top of each other. The bathroom is a little small but not all can be perfect for such a cheap rate compared to the other local hotels!

The hotel is situated a 2 minute walk from the start of the Hollywood Walk of Fame; 5mins from Hollywood/Highland, Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre, Madam Tuassards. Driving to Universal took about 20-35minutes depending on traffic and to get to Venise beach it took about 40minutes, so if you wish to have a beach holiday i wouldn't recommended this hotel as it cost $60 each way to get there! It is fairly close to Rodeo Dr and The Grove shopping Mall which i walked to (60mins) but i wouldn't recommend that! There is a Pinkberry about 10minutes away, and on the street corner there is a Wendy's, Quiznos, Subway, Burger King, 7/11 and several other outlets you can purchase food as the hotel doesn't have a lunch or dinner option. They do have a menu in the room for food which is delivered to the hotel but it is slightly costly compared to the options down the road.

I would definitely stay there again and have already recommend it to a friend!

I couldn't believe how close it was to Hollywood Blvd for such a great rate!

• Related to: Backpacking, Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 6, 2011

Front of the Hotel

Doubletrees by Hilton, Carson, L.A.: Best LA hotel we've stayed in

Saying this is the best LA hotel we have stayed in is a little bit damning with faint praise - this is as good a Hilton hotel as we have stayed in. I had 2 free nights with their HHonors scheme so drove here straight from the airport (LAX). I had held off booking the addditional 2 nights and when I got round to doing it there was a US$79 room promo on which included buffet breakfast for two. There is a Jack in the Box 25 meters away where we had hot breakfast sandwiches when breakfast was not included. Breakfast is served in the restaurant, all you can eat affair, great omelette station where they cook to order.
Quiet room on the seventh floor - great views of dawn breaking over SoCal - pool and fitness room, where there is complimentary bottled water

Turn your jet lag to advantage get up for sunrise! Enjoy omelettes for breakfast!

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written January 1, 2011

Doubletree Hilton Carson

Ramada Ltd Disneyland Area: Recommended in an Unspectacular sort of way

Stayed 6 nights, quiet room on the first floor with fridge and microwave where you can microwave hot water for tea and coffee in absence of kettle or coffee maker!
Pool was right on the sidewalk-pavement at teh main entracne to the hotel.
Staff good
Internet access and USA Today available free.
Breakfast with waffle mix and a griddle - I needed a demo!

We got 6 nights at about US$44 with a online discount for stays over 3 nights

Opposite a branch of Denny's - nice to walk somewhere as LA is so car orientated

• Related to: Road Trip, Theme Park Trips, Budget Travel
  • Written January 1, 2011

Ramada Disneyland Area

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 285

Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo: Stay near LAX

I was so happy with this choice!

This is a meticulously maintained property, especially in Housekeeping's attention to all hygenic details.

This hotel is often used by very large corporations that are nearby so it is held to a higher standard than the usual blah airport property.

Perfect for me since I did not have a car! Of course, there is a free shuttle between the terminals and the hotel and within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, too.

I initially intended to make use of its location next to a Green Line Metro Rail stop ("El Segundo" but ended up taking the very convenient "FlyAway" bus that leaves from LAX to several convenient transfer points (see my "Transportation Tips" for more detailed info).

There is a very well-supplied, complimentary business center.

All personnel were very helpful. They were especially organized in notifying people about Daylight Savings; even called to make extra sure I received my very early AM wake-up call.

The only minor shortfall is the breakfast which is a bit confused. Good food but not clear who you're meant to order from- resulting in a mad dash to and from the egg station.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 22, 2010

• Durfun profile photo Durfun
  • Reviews: 582

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Four Seasons Beverly Hills: LA Pampering :-)

I'd go for Four Seasons at Beverly Hills.

Great suites with views, library, pool, dining areas, spa, fitness room, etc.

Lovely lounge area, cool library, lots of greenery.

Wonderful panoramic views of the Hollywood Hills and downtown Los Angeles from the east-facing suites.

West-facing balconies offer views of Beverly Hills and the Bel Air hills.

Very high standard of interiors, luxurious bathrooms

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Photography, Architecture, Arts and Culture
  • Written August 12, 2010

• geojean profile photo geojean
  • Reviews: 12
Hotel Figueroa: Places to stay in Los Angeles

As an Angelino my vote would be Downtown. Lots of great hotels, centrally located can easily access Hollywood, Beaches and Disneyland. Can get to some of these places very easily on Metro http://www.metro.net/ downtown walking distance to many restuarnts muesums...recommend the following hotel http://www.figueroahotel.com/
Santa Monica is nice but is not central and it only has the beach...from Downtown you have more options...thats my recommendation. Happy travels : )

• Written July 6, 2010

• arnabdutta profile photo arnabdutta
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Embassy Suites Hotel LAX North Los Angeles: Worst hotel I have ever stayed

My family has lost their bag with indian passport from your hotel on 15th MAy

morning from breakfast lounge and till date none of their memebers made a little

effort to get that back. Its an pathetic service I have got from Embassy suites

LAX. If there hotel is not safe for international tourist they should mention that

in their hotel details. I am ashamed of my self by keeping my family in that hotel

and for the metal trauma they went throught after lost their valuables and

passport.

Please think twice before going to the same hotel.

THE HOTEL IS NOT SAFE FOR TOURISTS ESPECIALLY INTERNATIONAL TOURIST

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 25, 2010

• Pod profile photo Pod
  • Reviews: 297

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rodeway inn near LA live.: A great place to stay in LA.

A nice clean place with big rooms and comfy beds.secure parking. frendly helpful staff. you cannot ask for more. we drove from las vagas to LA and was so glad we booked this hotel. great for a road trip like we went on. i would like to thank all the people in the area for a great time.

The Rodeway Inn Huntington Park is located in Huntington Park, Calif. Three miles from the Staples Center Four miles from the Los Angeles Convention Center Hotel Features. Complimentary continental breakfasts Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel Kalifornia Cuisine Restaurant Guestrooms. Cable television Jetted tubs in select rooms Refrigerators and microwave ovens available for a fee.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive