4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Old hotel downtown Los Angeles

Millennium Biltmore is centrally located downtown Los Angeles. There arewere also several dining and shopping opportunities i the area.

The bellmen are very friendly and helpful. The concierge on the other hand was not very helpful regarding tickets to attractions or other information. They also hide away the brochures and only hand them out if you ask for one specific. However, they have made a list of buses and metros going to the different attractions including approximate travel time. That was very helpful and going by local transportation might be as fast as using a pickup bus stopping at every downtown hotel and much cheaper.

The room was quite big, but since it was a double room it should have been two chairs. There was no free internet access and that is too bad i 2011. There are probably thin walls since I could hear the television from the room next door, but it no problem.

Unique Quality: Bus or metro to many of Los Angeles attractions was located just across the street.

The hotel has a quite big pool compared to most other hotels I have stayed in and one of the best fitness centers I experienced in a hotel.

Directions: Downtown, jewellery district

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Millenium Biltmore Hotel * Los Angeles, California

Conveniently located in downtown Los Angeles, the "Millenium Biltmore" bills itself as the "premier choice for celebrities, presidents and dignitaries for over 85 years" claiming "historic grandeur" and "modern luxury". It is located within walking distance to the cultural and financial districts as well as the Staples Center, NOKIA Theater, Music Center, Ahmanson Theatre, Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Dodger Stadium, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. The hotel is upperscale decor with classic European style hosting over 683 rooms and suites. The indoor swimming pool and health club has a Roman-style decor, but is rather small and the jacuzzi even smaller. Plush hotel, but the rooms are basic though comfortable. Rating: 3 stars out of 5.

• HORRIBLE BUG BITES!

If you stay in the lobby, no problem but if you plan to sleep in a bed- BEWARE OF BUGS!

I made the mistake of staying at this hotel in February 2010, and went to sleep with clear skin, and awoke the following morning with well over 50 bug bites covering my neck, legs, stomach, chest, hips, rear, arms, and back. I sleep facing down so it made sense that the areas with the highest concentration of bites were the parts of my body that were on the bed.

The bug bites were so bad that my dermatologist tested me for chicken pox! Thanks to the bug bites, I had to attend court hearings and a wedding covered in unsightly bug bites, endured over a week of physical discomfort, not to mention embarrassment, and spent money on doctors' visits and medication including antibiotics. Over 3 weeks later, I still have noticeable scars from the worst bites on parts of my body. Unless you want bug bites to be your most lasting souvenir from your visit to LA, I strongly advise that you STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Granduer on Grand

Staying in the Biltmore L.A. was similar to those old Hotels in Washington D.C., with the granduer and detailed history that would remind one of what the Titanic must have been like. Complimented with the exceptional valet, check-in, and room service, the history and charm of the Biltmore is the staple of why one would spend the extra money to stay in downtown L.A. This hotel had played host to the first few dozen Acadamy Awards, and proudly displays photgraphs taken at such events years ago. The Presidential Entourage of years past has also passed through this Grand hotel. While the room was not as large as many of the cookie-cutter suites interstate friendly suites, it was elegant and draped in detail. If you have the chance, for business or pleasure,I'd recomment the Biltmore L.A.

Unique Quality: The hsitory and magnificant black and white photos. In years past the who's who of celebrity and power frequented the Biltmore. Pershing Square is directly behind the hotel, and everything L.A. (Staples Center, museums, CitiBank Tower, library) is within walking distance.

Directions: Going South on Grand, turn left into the valet. As most of L.A., there is no self parking in the Biltmore.

• simshi's Profile Photo

Beautiful Historic hotel

This hotel was beautiful, build in the 20s, it served as the top venue for some important events in the past, like the academy awards. It is nicely refurbished but has that 20s feel to it. Nice spacious rooms and nicely located in the middle of downtown. There is a subway station a block away, and there are some tourist bus lines that run around the hotel. I suggest taking a walk to the Grand Central Market for a cheap bite. There were some front desk staff that were not very helpful or courteous but other than that, it was perfect for my stay. Be wary though, most taxi drivers do not know the hotel unless you tell them it is the Biltmore Hotel.

• tomruth78's Profile Photo

Great hotel, location not suitable for tourists

We stayed here on 02 November 2006 for three nights.

The rooms are fine for an old hotel, the size of the room was adequate and yes the bathrooms are small, but what do you expect from an old hotel? We have stayed in brand new hotels with smaller bathrooms! The rooms were clean and serviced every day. We were in room 840 which looked out the side of the hotel. Noise was a bit of a problem with traffic but no more than stopping in a London hotel. If you are a light sleeper you might want to pack some earplugs.

The reception staff were fine and the concierge was very helpful.

The only problem with this hotel is its location. As we were only in LA for three nights we wanted to see all the sights. By being downtown it took a long time to get anywhere, even with the Metro.

One option on the menu was a breakfast buffet for $20 + tax which is slightly steep compared to other hotels we stayed in, but there was plenty of choice. The service was fine though the waiters could have been a little friendlier.

Unique Quality: The hotel is beautiful in decor and the history of the place is interesting. Worth getting up early from the jet lag and having a walk around.

The hotel has been used in famous films inernally as well as externally.

The hotel has a spa complex but we did not have time to use this though it was open till late which was nice.

I would recommend anyone staying for business to stay here, but anyone going to LA for leisure to pick the location of their hotel wisely that is unless you want to stay in a hotel that is beautifully decorated and has a bit of Hollywood history and glamour.

Directions: Exit 6th Street, 4 blocks to Olive Street, turn left. 1 block to 5th Street, turn left. 1 block to Grand Avenue, turn left and turn left (2nd driveway) into the hotel. Travel time thirty minutes.

• ReinaMorena's Profile Photo

The New Millennium.

The first thing I have to say is Make Sure Everything Is Worked Out Before You Show Up and Do It Personally!!! I had someone else make my arrangements and it wasn’t right so I had to wait until they woke up (or picked up the phone) for hours to so they could prove I was who I said I was. How many people are going to lie about being a delegate for Model United Nations I mean really. Then because I wasn’t technically a guest when I showed up Security made me wait outside. In LA, and I’m a Woman. I know I’m not like a ten but still wouldn’t stop some crazy person from trying to rob and rape me or keep me from being arrested as a prostitute on the corner of a Hotel. But I came to find out that this part of LA was pretty low-key at night and safe. The Hotel it self was very nice...you cant expect anything less from a Biltmore. Great rooms, Gym room, pool and its very close to the metro (easy access to city walk and Kodak Theater-great shopping). Keep an eye out for Hollywood Super Stars and a few Politicians have lunch or dinner downstairs in the restaurant. Overall It is a great place and I would stay there again, I wouldnt let that one little issue ruin my opinion but I will make sure I dont get treated like that again(My inner superstar will not have that).
    Hopefully customer service will be improved by my next visit.

Unique Quality: It’s wonderful looking at all the interesting buildings and landscapes that give LA its character (a part from all the fact that famous people live there). Also near Disney Philharmonic (the nifty building in like EVERY car commercial), which is gorgeous.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Very Classy Hotel

The Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles is located at the corner of Fifth and Grand, in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. The hotel has a health spa and is located near the city's theaters, shopping and restaurants. This hotel was the largest and grandest west of Chicago when it opened in 1923. It has been well preserved and restored, the Biltmore is enjoying a $10 million renovation. Some of the amenities that you will find here are Concierge, Fitness Center, Parking, Lounge, Laundry Service, and Restaurants. Hairdryer, TV, Iron, Dataports, Alarm Clock, Air Conditioning in addition to other items can be found in each room of this hotel.

Unique Quality: This Hotel was designed by the same firm that designed the Waldorf Astoria in New York. The exterior of the building in made in the Beaux Arts style and many of the ceilings in the ballrooms were painted byGiovanni Smeraldi (a restaurant in the Biltmore is named in his honor).
    Even if you dont stay here you have to at least go into the Biltmore and have "high tea" or stroll through the hotel and peak into the ballrooms and check out its grandure.
    On a recent trip to LA we were exhausted from all hte walking we did, we stopped at the Biltmore and had some coffee and relaxed abit. It was very interesting to see the ladies in their hats and nicely dressed having their 4 o'clock tea. It is something of a tradition.

Directions: The Millennium Biltmore Hotel is 20 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport . Located on Olive and Fifth Streets, across from Pershing Square.

More about Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

What a Lovely Place!

by TripAdvisor Member patronlime

I stayed at the Biltmore December 7-9, on business. I found all of the employees to be friendly, and all of the accommodations were lovely. A great deal of effort goes into making guests feel comfortable.

The Japanese restaurant was very good, although the delivery of the food was inconsistent. As a party of four, the first person to be served was finished with her meal when the last person was served. The staff was very friendly though...

I will return to the Millenium Biltmore.

I don't think it's scary or creepy!

I stayed here for a three-day weekend in September 2004. I got the room on Priceline for $60 and was a little worried while I was reading these reviews, thinking it would be desolate and creepy. But I didn't think it was at all! I checked in around 1 am, and there were people around. I did not feel uneasy. In fact, there were people around all weekend. There were weddings and other functions each day, and lots of tourists. The room itself was not nearly as beautiful as the common areas, but it was fine. It was clean enough, but did seem old. More like a 2 1/2 to 3 star room. The lobbies were gorgeous. Every staff member I encountered was professional and courteous. As for the homeless people, of course they are around. This is a major city. Use common sense and don't go into dangerous areas. Downtown is not the best place to stay, but they are building it up and there are some nice places to go, such as MOCA, Little Tokyo, and some art galleries if you are adventurous. Also, you are 20 minutes to everywhere, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Pasadena. It was a really good deal, especially through Priceline.

Beautiful, imperfect

by TripAdvisor Member Janeite

First, the obvious: The public rooms are stunning. Picture lofty ceilings, impressive frescos, sparkling chandeliers, rich carpets, gleaming floors. (On the down side, the chairs in the lovely lobby badly need recovering.) At our conference, food was served efficiently and was very good; bar prices were high but this is the big city! The meeting rooms were usually comfortable and well-set-up.

As for the bedrooms, they are indeed old but pretty comfortable. My bed was excellent, but the sheets were coarse and scratchy. The bathroom was small, but I'm not used to palatial ones anyway and it was well-equipped. The shower was exellent. Plastic flowers looked cheap.

One wonderful surprise was the complimentary shuttle to the Music Center. We expected a minivan but were driven in style in a stretch limo. Oh yeah! Another surprise was all the filming in and around the hotel. It was fun to watch horses pull a chariot down the street past the cameras. Apparently this kind of activity is very common. When you see the public rooms you'll understand why location directors love the place.

I glanced into the fitness center. The pool is gorgeous but small. Most of the facilities are coed--including the steam room. No thanks! The lobby bar is glamourous; the sports bar noisy (naturally), but it serves very good food at a reasonable price. There are many delis and cafes around to keep the food costs down.

All in all, I would return. It's not perfect, but the management tries very hard to please and you can't beat the glitter.

one of the best yet!!

What a beautiful hotel. The staff were fabulous. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I was so impressed with the rooms and the whole surrounds in general. I have told all my family and friends not to stay (if they visit LA) anywhere but here. I only wish we could visit more often and stay in such a beautiful place....

The Millennium BiltmoreThe Millennium Biltmore

From downtown to Santa monica

by JuZg3r

Hi,

i will be going for holiday in LA on 1 July. i will be staying in millennium biltmore hotel at 506 south grand avenue.

can anyone give me the direction to santa monica from downtown. i got no car. thus would be looking for direction by bus or subway.

thanks a million

RE: From downtown to Santa monica

by RovingWyvern

Try www.metro.net

It has a trip planner where you put in the starting and ending destinations, and it shows which bus to take, the cost, transfers, etc.

RE: From downtown to Santa monica

by cheap_tourist

MTA bus #20 and bus #720 goes to Santa Monica from Downtown L.A. and back. Check out www.mta.net for the schedule and route.

Off hand, for the Rapid #720 bus (it has fewer stops), there's a stop at the NW corner of 5th and Grand. For the #20 bus, there are many stops along 7th Street. I'm sure there's a stop at the NE corner of 7th and Hope.

Comments