Residence Inn Beverly Hills

Residence Inn by Marriott Beverly Hills
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 106% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

Central location at a good price

I stayed here for only one night over labor day weekend and had no problems. I checked in late and the staff was alert and ready. The Valet even waited until I checked in so I could get my bags and also my traveling companion who had too much to drink and was collapsed in the car. The staff answered the phone quickly even at 1:30 in the morning to get my directions. The room was spotless and my friend even stated the pullout sofa bed was comfortable. The studio suite was well planned out and came with a nice flat panel HDTV. The breakfast was normal Residence Inn food of pancakes, eggs, waffle machine, fruits etc. The only problem I had was the valet brought the wrong car at the end of the stay but that was quickly corrected. I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Had a good corporate rate so check to see if your company has a rate with them. The location is perfectly situated in beverly Hills at the corner of Pico and Beverly with easy access to both Downtown LA or the beaches.

Directions: At the corner of Pico and Beverly about a mile off of La Cienega.

More about Residence Inn Beverly Hills

A Great Place to Stay In SoCal

by TripAdvisor Member SeminarTrekker

Location & Directions:

I'd stayed at the Residence Inn, Beverly Hills, during the week of February 15th for business and some golf. Same week as the Nissan Open at the Riviera Country Club in Pacific Pallisades. The weather was warm, shorts and short sleeves during the day but later Saturday evening and Sunday it rained. This Residence Inn is located near the Southern tip of Beverly Hills. From the San Diego 405 freeway, headed South, you can get off at the Olympic Blvd. exit and head east on Pico till you run into S. Beverly/Pico. It is about 10-15 minute drive from the 405 freeway. There is a Crowne Plaza just Northeast to this Residence Inn. The neighborhood appears to be ethnically Jewish neighborhood with my Koser Delis and Markets and some Religious institutions nearby. It is a residental nearborhood with main thorough fare, West Pico running through it. I noticed many local restaurants are closed down. This Residence Inn is not within walking distance of any SoCal sights, but is centrally located by car. It takes about 20-25 minutes to drive to Hollywood Blvd. and Vine (Pantages theatre) from this property.

This propertly has local onsite underground parking. Parking is $18.00 plus $2.00 tax for a total of $20.00 per day. The first two parking levels are valet. The bottom level (C) is self parking. From bottom (C) parking, you need to use your card key to access the elevator, so drop off you heavy bags first. Also get your card tagged by the car attendant, even if you self park. I never found self parking to be problem even at night, evening returning in the even at midnight. Though from the Level C self parking, to the elevator to get up to your room, you have to enter a hallway that has around eight steps, and must roll your luggage up and down these steps.

Level C is also the small Fitness Gym (must use room key to access), with one Elliptical Trainer, One Regular Size Treadmill (inoperable),. One Small Size Treadmills, One Stationary Bike and a Weight Machine & vending beverage machine. There are towels and water available in the gym which can get a bit stuffy and is used from about 0630 in the a.m.

Check In & Room:

My check in representatives were plesant and friendly. I checked in early around, 12:30 p.m. and asked for a quiet room. I got a Queen Studio room at great rate via online, between $109.00 - $129.00 (weekends cheaper( plus taxes & parking. This is a killer rate because I have seen rates between $180.00 - $220.00 for the same room. I was a bit worried since the room was on the third floor facing the main streets of Pico and S. Beverly. To my suprise, it was quiet, with no noticable street noise. One night, late in the evening, I did hear my neighbor listening to HBO. Many of the workers at this Residence Inn, either at the Front Desk, Service, or Parking were of some ethnic decent, many of Latino decent or Easter European and all were very friendly, talkative, and efficient. Overall, this Marriott property surpase's Marriott's South Beach in friendly and efficient staff.

My room was a good size studio room with full kitchen, fully equiped, good size bathroom, small closet (Residence Inn).
The room was clean, in good shape, and bright when the two windows shades were opened. You can also open both windows. Later on that evening, I noticed by bedside lamp was
out, I called the next morning, and later that day they replaced it.
The service folks cleaning the room, always did a great job.

The bed was comfortable and room was quiet. The room was good size, clean, bright and enough space to eat and work on my laptop with free internet connection.

The free buffet breakfast (eggs, tortillas, french toast, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit, cold cereals, muffins and oatmeal was okay. Coffee, milk and juices. The breakfast area busy from 0700 with a fair amount of families and many kids visiting. My of the guests were of Jewish background because of the Religous items they were wearing religous items. If the dining room is busy you can bring your food to the good size and comfortable lobby. I did not try any of weekday evening appetizers.

Local Eats:

Factor's Deli is just opposite corner of the Residence Inn. I can not really say that Factor's Hot Pastrami is better than Katz's in the Lower East Side of NYC or Carnegi Deli on Broadway in NYC, but at Katz's they put Coleslaw in their sandwiches. I

I can give two thumbs to Factor's Debbie's Chopped Salad, both version #1 (Turkey & Salami) & #2 (Chicken Breast). Both were Yummy! The guys working the take out counter were very efficient and service oriented. There are three to four other Jewish Deli's within easy walking distance, most East on W. Pico.

A little further to the eon W. Pico,is bakery called Beverlywood Bakery on 9128 W. Pico. Excellent, tasty baked goods at reasonable prices. I highly recommend this place. It is about a four short block walk east of the Residence Inn on W. Pico Blvd. There is also a large Ralph's chain Supermarket (with a good size Kosher section too) just across the street (south) and two blocks west of the Residence Inn on W. Pico. Full service supermarket with a bakery and deli too, if you like to prepare your own food or purchase beverages and snacks, this is the place for you. Above Ralphs there is Longs Drug store for personal tolietries. There are are several resturants in this complex and all along Pico, though most restaurants within walking distance are east of the Hotel.Also several dry cleaning stores on W. Pico too.

I would rate this property as one of the Best Marriott properties that I have stayed at. It rates up with Marriott South Beach in Miami and Marriott Residence Inn at Times Square in Manhattan.
If you want quiet, room, clean, and comfortable central location in West Los Angeles, you'd be hard pressed to find anything coming close, especially for a online rate of $109.00 - $129.00 (weekends, lower rate). For a similar rate in the future, I would stay at the Residence Inn, Beverly Hills again!

Excellent in all respects

by TripAdvisor Member jrichard

We spent nine days here in connection with personal business nearby. The accommodations were excellent , with a comfortable and well appointed room and kitchenette. The included breakfast and evening meals were tasty and offered a break from home cooked fare. The hotel is centrally located and in walking distance to a variety of fine restaurants. The staff was unfailingly helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay here again. Marilyn & Jim

Loved LA

by TripAdvisor Member kongda

Just returned from 3 night stay near Beverly hills. It was our first time in LA.

Pros:
Great Location, easy to get to all major attractions: Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, Sunset Strip.

Nice Rooms, comfortable bed, flat screen tv, nice little kitchen, very cozy.

Friendly Staff

Free Breakfast: i mean scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, bagles, ceral, juice, etc. like a mini buffet.
Free Happy Hour social. Usually wine or beer with snacks

Cons:
$18 per day for parking.

Can't go wrong staying here.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member madflyer

Very good location with plenty of free on street parking on the weekends that fully met our needs. While the room is much smaller than other low-rise residence inns it more than met our needs.

The walls were a little thin and you could hear conversations from every room while in the hall heading to the elevator but never really a problem. While the kitchen was very compact it was also very complete.

Full grocery located just one block away and several casual restaurant choices complimenting the wide selection of fine dining nearby.

Good breakfast buffet and enjoyed that those wishing to avoid the many families on weekends could head out to several tables for 2 out in the main lobby area. There was also a small outdoor terrace off the breakfast room.

A 1 hour late check-out was given without a problem. The on street parking is free after 6pm and Sundays but involves moving the vehicle by 10 am and then every 2 hours during the day on Saturday.

Very Nice Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mjburgos

I stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn from 9/29 - 10/2. Overall my experience was excellent.

I will start by addressing my one and only gripe--the chamber maid was not very friendly and mistakenly had me charged for a bottle of water that I did not drink. She no doubt made the mistake of not charging against the previous guest's stay. Marriott was quick to address the issue. I could not understand why she had such a bad attitude--I was friendly, and I am never a cheap tipper! I am also not a messy person so the room required very little on her part.

I rented their larger suite which includes a separate living room and a full kitchen. Everything was in working order and clean when I arrived. Large screen LCD TV was a nice touch, but an even nicer touch would have been to have a high definition feed to get the most out of a tv like that. But I have yet to see a hotel that offers HD. I am sure that will change.

The bed was a queen size, and very comfortable. Bathroom and separate sink area were both in good working order.

All their fridges have a built in ice maker which is a nice touch.

Hot breakfast is included in your stay at this hotel, and that is nice. Weekdays you have the omlette station which is a Marriott staple, and the cook was very nice. Other breakfast items were similarly good. A nice way to start the day.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Valet company at the location also very friendly and helpful. The only person that I had trouble with was my chamber maid (detailed above).

Locally, there is a good Jewish deli diagonally across the street, and a few other markets. I am not Jewish, but living in NYC and visiting places like Katz certainly helped me to appreciate a good Jewish deli! Beyond the deli, I didn't venture anywhere close by. I had a car rented, and traveled around a lot.

One good thing about this hotel: Easy to get to many popular spots around the Los Angeles area. You can walk to Rodeo Drive in less than 15 minutes. The 10 and 405 freeways are not far. Pico Blvd is a main thoroughfare so you can get to many places quick from there. Sunday morning I took a drive down Pico to Santa Monica, then jumped on Pacific Coast Highway all the way up to Zuma Beach, turned around, followed the same route but went down to Venice, parked, walked around, then headed back. The following day I went to Hollywood, the hills, and Downtown. With the freeways so close by, and Pico being a major avenue, this hotel is a good central spot to stay if you want to see the sights.

I saw a lot of families at this hotel, and they seemed happy so I assume this hotel is kid-friendly. That, plus a cheap rate, full kitchen, and easy access to sites makes this an ideal spot for just about any type of traveler: individuals, business travelers, families, friends, etc.

I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I return to LA in December 2006.

residence inn a good choice

by TripAdvisor Member dribbler

Traveled to California with my mother and sister for an 8 day drive up the coast. We were only going to be in LA for one night but wanted something more than 2 beds in a small room so that we wouldn't get in each other's way right off. With 2 bedrooms, kitchenette, and spacious living area, this was a great choice. At a AAA rate of $299 with a dinner (hamburgers, hot dogs, choice of drinks including wine and beer) and breakfast (omelets and eggs to order) it was a great deal also. Very convenient to coast and the sights of LA.. The staff couldn't have been more gracious and helpful.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member se2121

My wife and I stayed here in the beginning of November 2006 on our way to our Honeymoon in Tahiti. We spent 2 nights here and would stay here again if we travel to the LA area. The hotel is not that far from the airport and is in a great neighborhood.

Check-in was smooth and the lobby is beautiful. Valet and self-park are the same price so it's easier just to valet. The lobby area appears to be brand new and is very cozy feeling. The bar that they talk about however is not really a bar and there was nobody there either night anyways. The beers were a bit too expensive also.

The rooms are a typical Residence Inn room. The beds are very comfortable and a good nights rest is easy to get. The rooms were very clean and very well kept.

The hot tub downstairs is huge. It's like a small lap pool, very nice after walking around LA and Beverly Hills all day. The breakfast buffet was a typical Residence Inn buffet, good and very convienient.

Overall.........I would recommend staying here and I would definetly return on my next trip to LA. THe hotel is beautiful, is very close to Rodeo Drive, and most of all........it feels safe.

Very Nice hotel and great staff

by TripAdvisor Member HappyTrails63

Stayed here with friends over the Rose Bowl week in early January. We had three rooms total. Awesome rooms with full kitchens, 32"flat panel TVs, free full breakfast and free high speed internet. Th decor and furniture is nvery nice and warm and the hotel is very clean. The lobby is cool and they have a little Loibby Bar with beer and wine only that is cool. (the bartender said the hotel cannot get a full liquor license) The gym is small but they have new cardio equipment with your own built in TV. Nice big jacuzzi too down the hall from the gym.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They were all very friendly, knowlegeable about the area, and very helpful. THe Front Desk, Bellman and Valet are especially wonderful. We also met the Asst GM Dolores and the Front Desk Manager Kennan. Both very nice and helpful and genuinely wanted to make sure we were enjoying our stay.

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member DrHunter

We stayed at the Residence inn from Dec 28, 2006 till Jan 3rd, 2007. It is a nice centrally located hotel, we were able to get everywhere in LA fairly easily from here. When I stay at a Residence Inn I expect 2 rooms. This Residence only had 1 large room, and I was disappointed by this. I will not stay here again, because I require 2 rooms.

Spa was broken while we stayed there.

Valet Service is Excellent.

Overall a good value for Beverly Hills, but there were some problems.

Comments