Rodeway Inn Culver City

smsmichaela's Profile Photo

DISGUSTING! DON'T DO IT!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2015

I booked this room for 3/20/15, for myself and my son and daughter to stay at the end of our 1 week trip to California.

As soon as we checked in, we went to the room and upon opening the door we all noticed a horrible smell of mildew and....... I don't know what else. It was certainly not a room we wanted to stay in, but again, we had no choice as I was going to be charged. Immediately after entering the room my son went to take a quick shower as we had just left Venice Beach and he wanted to rinse the sand from his body. During that time, my daughter and I took a better look at the room and we were appalled by it. The floor was damp and sticky on the right side of one of the bed's, filth was everywhere (walls, floors, ceiling), the bedding had cigarette burns and small and large stains, as well as moveable dirt on it. The lamp shades were ripped and filthy, and the commode was cracked and filthy around the bottom. The carpeting was also coming up in the corner around the floor lamp. Additionally, the wall paper not only had thick stains on it, it too was ripped and taped back on in several areas of the room. On top of all of this, there appeared to be people living in the hotel of a caliber that made us feel unsafe.

During the few minutes my son showered, my daughter and I decided we could not stay in this hotel due to this filth, and that we should take pictures. We immediately gathered our bags and went back downstairs to ask for our money back, no more that 15-20 minutes after checking in. I asked if we could get our money back due to all of the reasons I mentioned, and we were told no because my son immediately took a shower, and we therefore "used" the room. I explained that it was during my sons immediate short shower, that my daughter and I uncovered all of the aforementioned things, and thus we could not stay there. Again, I was told that I could not get my money back.

I filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels, and submitted the photos of the room. They asked the hotel manager to refund my money, but the Manager sent me an email still refusing to refund my money. He stated that because we "used" the room for 15min. he would not issue a refund and because I signed a form when I checked in saying no refunds. (I thought I was simply signing for room payment). But, remember we didn't "experience" the disgusting nature of the room while checking in. He also said he offered us another room, wich was true, but I refused as my son saw the maid cart and it was filthy with moldy dirty cleaning rags, etc. So we knew we could not stay there!

I was forced to book a Courtyard by Marriott about 3 miles away, and obviously pay for that room as well. It was AMAZING to walk into that hotel after exiting this dump!

PLEASE do NOT stay here! You WILL REGRET IT! PAY THE EXTRA FEW BUCKS FOR ANOTHER PLACE!

Nearby Rodeway Inn Culver City

Rodeway Inn Culver City

• Econo Lodge Los Angeles
  • Los Angeles Econo Lodge
  • Econolodge Los Angeles
  • Rodeway Inn Culver City Hotel Los Angeles

Address: 11933 Washington Blvd West, Los Angeles, California, 90066, United States

5 Photos of Rodeway Inn Culver City

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Rodeway Inn Culver City

• Continental Breakfast
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews