SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills

465 S. La Cienega Blvd. (Ex Meridien Beverly Hills), Los Angeles, California 90048, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• LindseyRinaudo's Profile Photo

Hip Luxury hotel in a great location!

I stayed here on a recent business trip and loved it. Great location, hip lobby and bar/restaurant choices. Rooms are very big with comfortable beds and modern, cool furnishings. Bathrooms are huge as well. Particularly love the TV wall -- it appears as a glass/dark mirror wall when TV is off but when turned on it shines through. Room service has decent options for those too tired to venture out.

• dsgw25's Profile Photo

Great location

Great location...a few blocks from the fabulous Beverly Shopping Center. A short taxi ride from Melrose Avenue, just down the hill from the Sunset Strip. Small pool but great hotel!

Unique Quality: Clean, elegant hotel (saw several celebrities while staying here)

Directions: Beverly Hills

More about SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills

Luxurious spot

by Pypes55 about Le Meridien Beverly Hills

When we checked in we sat down to check and they gave us drinks, it was very posh. Our room had a beautiful view of the Hollywood hills. we could even see the Hollywood sign! Our room had an in room entertainment centre complete with a library of cd's. The bathrom was my favorite part as it was all in black marble and has his and hers sinks and the biggest deep soaking jacuzzi tub I had ever seen! Well worth staying here, but pricey.....but it's Beverly Hills! Great view of Hollywood Hills. The pool area is super swanky, a waiter comes around to offer you drinks.

A pretty cool hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member iugal2004

I recently stayed at the SLS Hotel and enjoyed the experience. The decor is hip and quite beautiful - you can spend a lot of time just exploring the unexpected details of your room and the hotel itself.

I was not able to enjoy the restaurant, but my colleagues said that the food was very good. The pool looked very nice but I never checked it out in person as it was too cold to enjoy it that week. The hotel seems to be a decent place for celebrity-spotting - cast members from the Office and Top Chef were there at the same time.

I agree with other reviewers that the rooms are very dark - putting on make-up is tough. I also did not feel like the hotel staff went out of their way to help you, which I would expect for this price.

SLSSSSSwanky

by TripAdvisor Member dklein

I stayed here for one night after a business meeting/dinner and enjoyed it very much and found no flaws with the place at all. Decor is swanky, cool and imaginative. Picture a decadent fantasyland everywhere you look. Rooms are very comfortable with nifty furnishings. Public spaces like the lobby restaurant (Tres), the fantasy-like pool area, the connecting restaurant called Bazaar (which is actually comprised of several restaurants within it, called Bar Centro, Rojo, Blanco & Patisserie, all in one massive space) are awesome. There's a pool table off every elevator on every floor which is kind of nifty too. I'd stay here again for sure. Living in L.A., I can say that this place is very very L.A. scene-y, from the lobby to the bar/restaurants to the sitting area as you wait for you car to be pulled 'round. If you don't want that scene, I'd suggest staying somewhere else. But if you're looking for it, or don't mind it, the SLS Hotel is definitely worth a stay.

Food I had: Guac and grilled cheese up at the pool were awesome.
Drinks at Bazaar: Excellent, especially the passionfruit martini. Some martinis are poured over cotton candy; very creative.

I had no issue with noise whatsoever, but this was a Tuesday night.

I just really really enjoyed everything visually the hotel offered. Kudos to the design team.

Stay somewhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member Javani

We stayed at SLS over the weekend. Our room was VERY dark even though we were in "sunny California"! I was not able to put makeup on in the bathroom due to lack of light and found it very difficult to read . The bed was very comfortable but footsteps from the upstairs floor kept me awake till about 3:00am! I think if you are in your early 20's you might enjoy this atmosphere more. The hotel staff are more concerned about running the nightclub atmosphere than running the hotel .
We had dinner at the Bazzar Restaurant which was interesting. It's a Tapas bar where people order numerous "tiny" plates of food. After spending a pretty hefty dollar amount we got hungry two hours later! If you absolutely must eat there, then just think of it as appetizers before going somewhere else to eat.
Our room key kept hindering us form entering the room or initiating the elevators!
We did enjoy the spa with their excellent staff and service. That was the ONLY highlight of our trip. There was, however, only one shower in ladies room. No toilet seat covers in bathrooms and not toilet paper!
I know I'm being a tad picky but the whole experience at SLS was not good and one that i will not want to repeat! We will not be coming back!
The pool on the sixth floor was filled with anorexic breast implant striper like young wana be classless girls and the men lacked refinement and looked trashy!

A little too hip and short on air!

by TripAdvisor Member andiamo

Pros: Staff extremely gracious; bed very comfortable.
Negs: Room and check-in...just to dark; no make-up mirror and mirror not close enough to put on make-up or shave. The windows do not open...and web site states, "windows that open. AC must be kept on all the time..not good or there is absolutely no air. Room tends to be very claustrophobic..we couldn't wait to get outside and breath real air...which is very nice in March. Glad it was only a one night stay!
A side note: I intentionally made this reservation with the in-house reservations; was told that windows open! BTW, you are also charged for your morning paper!

Great location, Modern rooms

by TripAdvisor Member PanzerEpsilon

The hotel is perfectly located within most LA destinations. You can easily walk two blocks to the Beverly Center, which is an indoor mall. The hotel was completely redesigned and the new rooms are very well designed. The carpet is plush, the beds/pillows are very comfortable (in fact I wish I was sleeping on them rather than my own). There is an ipod dock, but it doesn't work with the iphone. The widescreen TV is behind a mirror, which is very well designed. The bathroom shower is very modern, no tub. The overnight valet parking was $32. The hotel has a very nice restaurant, the breakfast is wonderful and unique (although pricey, but to be expected with this caliber hotel).

Comments