Sheraton Gateway At Lax

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Another Priceline bid at LAX

Once again, I needed to stay near LAX on my trip to Los Angeles so I bid on Priceline to get my hotel. I bid the 4* category because I wanted to try and get the Westin but the Sheraton Gateway was the hotel that I won for my bid of $60. I always check Bidding for Travel before bidding to see what hotels are coming up and what people are paying for them.

The Sheraton Gateway is located along Century Blvd. along with most of the other LAX hotels. Parking was a little inconvenient as it was in an outdoor lot behind the hotel but they did offer in and out privileges for hotel guests, roughly $13 per day which is standard for LAX hotels. There is a shuttle back to LAX that leaves every 15-20 minutes.

Unique Quality: My room had a king size bed that was comfortable, a small flat screen with a small range of stations, I didn't see any premium channels besides Showtime. Every so often you could hear a plane overhead since the Sheraton is so close to the airport but it didn't disturb my sleep.

The bathroom was a little worn and the water pressure not very strong, toiletries were bar soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The towels weren't big and fluffy but were adequate.

I didn't use the pool but there is an outdoor one on the main level with comfortable looking beach loungers, there was steam rising off the pool one of the mornings so I assume it is heated.

The fitness room had a lot of equipment so there was never a morning when I couldn't get an Life Fitness elliptical machine to use, they have small TVs and Ipod jacks if you want to watch TV or listen to music.

I didn't ask but it appeared that I got an hour of free internet that I discovered when I asked if I could print out my boarding pass. Not sure if there's an additional charge for over an hour. There was also a terminal near the fitness room where you could print directions off Bing.

In this star category I prefer the Westin over the Sheraton, the Westin's beds are nicer, their heavenly showers are nicer, their parking is located closer to the hotel and is covered.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Quality hotel at LAX

I only stayed here for one night due to an early flight home to England and I needed an airport hotel. Hotwire found me this excellent 4 star hotel for $99 for the night - room only.
    This is a large hotel with very good large rooms. The large bed was comfortable and the room had a desk, wardrobe, two easy chairs and bedside cabinets. The TV was a large set and had access to most local channels and at a cost movies were available.
    The bathroom was well appointed but showing its age and there was some rust along the bottom edges of the bath and toilet.
    The hotel has a restaurant and bar - we ate in the bar and food was basically pizza or burger but portions were huge and I had to leave some of my pizza.
    The hotel is quiet and despite its close proximity to the runway at LAX the noise from the aeroplanes was minimal. The air conditioning unit provided more noise and was quite annoying.

Unique Quality: Staff service was attentive and first class.

Directions: On the free shuttle bus from LAX - it is the first hotel the bus stops at when leaving the airport.
    Off Interstate 405.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sheraton Gateway Hotel Los Angeles Airport

This hotel is so close to LAX that you can see the airport runways from your hotel room. Its a great place to stay. Like all the others, there's a free airport shuttle that runs every few minutes. The rooms are large and comfortable, there's a couple of great restaurants and a nice bar/lounge area. Its a good place to stay if you're in LA on business or if you have an early flight the next morning.

Unique Quality: The hotel has some nice suites with a living room area and desk and the great new Sheraton beds.

Directions: About a block from LAX.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

A great hotel near LAX

I stayed at this hotel for a few days. It's very close to the airport. It's a large hotel with its own restaurant and bar.

I enjoyed my stay very much though be prepared for excessive parking fees!

I booked my stay via Hotwire.com. The cost was about 1/2 of that I could find anywhere else.

Unique Quality: Sheraton brags up the unique beds they now offer. They are pretty darn comfortable!

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Newly Remodeled!

This hotel has just been newly remodeled in very masculine shades of dark blue, grays and blacks- very nice looking.

Unique Quality: Great fluffy down comfortered beds. Fantastic gym with individual flat-screen TV's on each machine. The pool's kinda small, but at least it's outdoors as is the spa. A couple complaints about the rooms though- the windows do not open and in some rooms, you can hear everyone else's plumbing. One great thing about this hotel is that they'll allow upgrades to suites (when available) for an additional $30.00.

Directions: Between Crowne Plaza and Courtyard Marriott

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Quick and convienent

As a person who stays in a lot of Sheratons across the country... this is not the best of the group. It is close to the airport, and it does have a very comfortable bed... but this is definitely not the place you want to spend a vacation. It is fairly noisy because of the international airport there, but that is the price you pay to be that close to immediate international travel!

Unique Quality: Jet roar to put you to sleep.

More about Sheraton Gateway At Lax

Surprisingly cool

I was in the midst of various business trips in and out of LA, so I decided to stay at Sheraton Gateway because I needed a convenient place to stay. Not only was I blown away by the service and people but by the design!
I felt like I was on a real vacation at times when I had opportunities to relax on my own by the pool or having dinner inside, etc. I highly recommend this hotel.

Poolside cabanas and now - Shula's Steakhouse?

I am a Starwood frequent guest member and have stayed at the Westin LAX before. What took me by surprise at the Sheraton Gateway was the vacation feel of the poolside cabanas - did not expect that from an airport hotel... Now, they opened Shula's steakhouse and are completing a fully-blown Starbucks shop. Well, with the brand new rooms, a cool poolside and now - Shula's, I really do not feel penalized by my laover stays at the LAX anymore. In fact, for the value you get at the Sheraton, I would not mind going out of my way to stay there.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE PARKNFLY PACKAGE!

We stayed at the Sheraton Gateway for one night at the end of May prior to a very early flight and opted to park our car at the hotel as part of the parknfly package. If you need a good night's sleep, as we did, you won’t get it here. The windows are extremely thin for a hotel so close to the airport — you will hear the planes taking off and landing at all hours. When we boarded the shuttle in the morning, the driver spoke only limited English and could not understand which airline (United) we were flying on and was therefore very confused about where to drop us off. The worst part however was the pick up. When we arrived at LAX from our flight home, we waited for more than 45 minutes for a shuttle to come by — Nothing! Then when a shuttle did come by it stayed three lanes away from the pickup curb and sped by, not even looking to see if anyone was waving and wanted to be picked up. In the end, we were forced to take a cab to the Sheraton to pick up our car. When we arrived at the hotel and explained what happened, the acted as if a 45 minute wait was normal and laughed at us for being upset about it, including the parking manager. Only one solitary bellman offered us an apology. In short, you’d be better off staying somewhere else, especially if your time is valuable to you.

Great hotel, period!

Stayed here for one night April 15 as I missed my flight to Honolulu due to my procrastination and traffic on the freeway. Hotel was recommended by the airline. This hotel is one the best hotels I have stayed at. Rooms are big, clean and quiet. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The shuttle to the terminals runs every 15 minutes and the drivers are equally professional and efficient. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Best LAX hotel

by excentrus

Hi folks,
I will be in transit at LAX, arriving late Dec. 27 and flying out mid-day Dec. 29. I figure that I should stay at the airport as I will really only have one day to explore Los Angeles...and I know that it can be a hassle arriving and departing from LAX.
This is the weekend and the rates at LAX hotels are cheaper so money is no object (it's nice to finally be able to say that)! Can anyone suggest the BEST hotel in the area with an airport shuttle. I figure a Westin, Sheraton or Hilton should be fine...but I would like to hear from someone who has experience. Merci.

by bocmaxima

If you want to explore LA, even for a day, you need to get away from LAX. Get something reasonable in Santa Monica or Westwood and take taxis (or the bus) to/from the airport. There's really nothing around LAX to see, and the hotels in that area aren't bad, but they certainly aren't fabulous, especially for LA hotel standards.

by nomad7890

The Hilton at LAX is in great need of refurbishment. If I remember right, I think there's an Embassy Suites that was OK - not the BEST, but OK.

by mikelisaanna

Stay in Santa Monica, not at LAX. There is NOTHING to do at LAX. Santa Monica is only 20 minutes away by taxi and is a fun town, with plenty of bars and restaurants.

by excentrus

Thanks folks, Reserved at the Sheraton Gateway...looks fine (with Starbucks in the lobby :-) I understand that there is nothing around LAX but I wanted to stay there because of my arrival and departure times. I just don't want to deal with traffic. I will take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station early Sunday (my one day in Los Angeles) and figure it out from there.

by flynboxes

The Sheraton is a nice hotel. It is an airline crew hotel and my co-workers often stay there when they are in town. You can also walk to the main airport bus stop and catch the Big Blue Bus to Santa Monica if you want to hang out there in the evening or if you are adventerous you can take the G(?) bus from the airport terminals which will drop you at the Aviation Metro stop which after a few easy (but time consuming/1 hour maybe) connections will also get you to CS. Either the blue or the green passes thru some interesting neighborhoods where you might get to see the LAPD in action but don't worry it is totally safe.
Have fun.

by geojean

I stayed at the Marriott, because I had an early flight the next morning (I live in LA). Quiet comfortable rooms, 5 minutes to LAX.

Comments