Sofitel Los Angeles - Beverly Hills

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

Trendy and stylish

This is a very nicely appointed hotel but not as imposing as I thought it would be.

I booked a luxury room, slightly more expensive than the standard entry room with a king size bed, see thru rain shower, french doors, some Hills view and a step out balcony.

I did get the king bed, the rain shower which didnt work very effectively and french doors but my room faced the Beverly Center and had a very small balcony that you couldnt really stand on.

Despite this I really liked the layout of the room, the very nice amenities and the spacious bathroom.

I had a drink and a light snack in the famous Stone Rose Lounge (owned by Cindy Crawfords hubby - Rande Gerbe). Of course the drinks were LA prices but the food was good value which I wasnt expecting. I didnt try the restaurant on this occasion.

Both the concierge and reception staff were helpful and I had no problem extending my checkout by an hour.

I'm not entirely sure if I found the location all that convenient but as LA is so spread out I imagine this applies to most hotels. '

I did walk to Robertson Boulevard and also Rodeo Drive but took a taxi to The Grove and Farmers Market - 15.00USD with tip. The Beverly Center which has all the best designer brands is directly opposite.

The Cedars Sinai Medical Center is very close by.

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo

LA's Hotel & Shopping Convenience

It was a wonderful and unforgettable stay. Staff are warm and friendly.

Highly recommended as it is strategically located in the city and a walking distance to shopping malls.

Unique Quality: What struck us upon check in is the hotel's striking blue exterior fringed with manicured trees. Beautiful motives to remind one of a beach with the blue sky on the horizon.

• tattud_gurl's Profile Photo

Not far from Rodeo Drive..........

I booked a suite for my wedding anniversary. I expected a real nice room for $295.00. I got a small suite (there's a bigger one for $500.00 a night) with a tiny sitting area/wet bar/living room. The bedroom was nice sized, but the window was at an angle...slanted. very strange. We had a small balcony which was nice to look out over the Beverly Center.
    The pool is outside on the second floor. The Gigi Brasserie had a nice ecclectic menu...breakfast was good....eggs benedict on focaccia bread instead of english muffin...yummy, and fresh squeezed oj is always a treat.
    All in all, my stay was nice, but the room was very small for what I paid for it.

Unique Quality: Directly across the street from the mall. 5 minute drive to Hollywood and Sunset Blvds.

Directions: accross from The Beverly Center

More about Sofitel Los Angeles - Beverly Hills

Enjoyable Stay

I stayed here for one week during a business trip. The hotel is fairly centrally located, close to Melrose, Sunset. The rooms are not extraordinary. The hotel restaurant - Gigi's was not very good and especially with all the great restaurants in the neighborhood, I would not recommend eating there. The staff was courteous, friendly, and great gym.

sofitel just perfect

by TripAdvisor Member luvsit

We stayed at sofitel for 2 nights in June/04. I was just a little anxious as to what we'd find upon arrival, as a couple reviews on this site we're quite unpleasant. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is a lovely little oasis in the middle of such a busy city. We found the staff to be very attentive and friendly. Our room was really nice, very comfortable bed. My husband has worked out at gyms while travelling on many occasions, and found the sofitel gym to be hands down the best equipped. The location was great, with the beverly centre directly across the street, and melrose just a 5 min. drive away. A day shopping in Santa Monica was also great and only about 15-20 min. away. I had read reviews commenting on the dirtiness of the hotel, and I have to say I think they must have been at a different hotel! Our room was spotless, as was the rest of the hotel. We only had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it was amazing! I had the french toast both times and my husband had the eggs benny, best french toast we've ever had, We still talk about it! Hotel accomodation prices in L.A. are quite pricey, so in comparing what we paid here and what else we could have got, we feel it to be fair. We are planning a trip to L.A. in march/05, and plan on staying at Sofitel again, and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. We take a minimum of two holidays per year, and have fairly high expectations, and we thought Sofitel was great.

Phenominal beds, great views!

by TripAdvisor Member viba424

This stands out as one of the most memorable hotels I have ever stayed. Our view of the Hollywood Hills was jaw dropping and I have to say 6 months later we are still talking about how great the bed was. It felt like absolute heaven. We were also given a generous breakfast credit and were served by outstanding staff all the way. Try the bercher museli...it was wonderful and unlike anything I have ever had. I suppose an oceanfront hotel in Santa Monica would have been a more walkable neighborhood, but I could stay in this Sofitel and not ever want to leave! We are going back for sure!

We were The Beverly Hillbillies, and loved it :-)

by TripAdvisor Member Isymac

My Husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in July 04. We loved every minute.

I wouldnt normally bother to write a review, but it just occured to me to read about the hotel and see what the scoring was........and I'm totally flabbergasted at what some people have written here...so pen to paper and here's our review.......

Not once did we get to open the front door, the doormen always beat us to it! The bed was brilliant. Having only been to the USA once before, and that being New York we assumed we didnt need to drive and could walk or get a taxi...WRONG, you can walk and walk and get NOWHERE, LA is ENORMOUS! We loved the sodas in Johnny Rockets across the road. Worth a try if you're not used to them, Hubby loved the root beer soda, whatever root beer is :-)

Dressed in our shorts and t-shirts, we didnt feel at all odd, although we may have looked it!

The hotel was good, the rooftop pool was small but ample, about 4 ft deep and not very big, when you swim like a brick as I do, its fine! I liked being able to see the bloomingdales sign from it!

The beverly Centre with about 140 shops, which include Bloomingdales, Macys, and lots of other good names, is literally across the road, all the roads are VERY wide, not like what we're used to in England. Hard Rock Cafe is across the road also.

The staff were wonderful, loved the turn down service and the free water! But beware when you wake up at 3am with jetlag, dont order a pot of coffee or it will take you about 2 more hours to drink it...it held over 6 cups full, then again we did ask for two jugs, in fairness to room service they did warn us they were big jugs, I know now they meant it!

The room was excellent my husband thought he was Lord Muck! it was spotless, and I find it incredible to believe what I have read in the other reviews, I cant believe they are referring to the same hotel!

We couldnt fault it on anything, nothing, and if I could afford it I think we would go back tomorrow.

We loved Rex in the bar. He was such entertainment, (Hi Rex)xx from Ozzie and Isy in England xx

shame about the bathroom

We stayed in the Sofitel last November, the hotel was in a great location and the rooms are very comfortable. The only let down was the bathroom which was a disgrace, not too clean and not enough towels, no bathrobe. Other than that the food was lovely and service good. I would consider staying there again.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member creto

Despite some intial confusion upon checking in (we arrived at the hotel around 3:00 p.m. and weren't given the room we requested until almost 5:00 p.m.), we found this hotel to be really good.

When we finally got the room we had requested overlooking the Hollywood Hills, and when the smog lifted, we could actually see the Hollywood sign in the distance. It was a nice view.

The room was clean, as was the bathroom. No problems there at all.

If you stay at the Sofitel, be sure to go down to the bar and say hello to Rex. He's great!

Comments