Super 8 Motel LAX Airport Los Angeles

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 2 star hotels

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

A Motel~

I stayed here only because I did not want to be stuck in the morning commuter traffic and then risking getting stuck in it and missing my flight. So this place came up as one of the cheapest and having transportation to your flight. It was not bad. It has nice decor and it was clean. About the only bad experience other than the usual planes flying over, got use to that, but the individual that had the room above me kept pacing back and forth and they were heavy heeled. I did complain to the front desk and it did get quieter for a while. Other than that, it was not bad, not great, but not bad.

Their breakfast in the morning was ok. Not the best.

Directions: Right off of Century Blvd

• hoz's Profile Photo

Big old jet airliner...

I always look for the bargain motel and have spent a night in more than a few "fleabags" As such I've developed my own rating scale for these often overlooked establishments.

We stayed here overnight at the end of a west coast road trip. We caught the red eye out the next day after some LA site seeing.

Check in was quick but the rate was higher than I researched on Super 8 website. I didn't make reservations. After some discussion I told the lady I wasn't going to argue over a couple dollars but after checking in I noticed it was more like $15.

Pride of ownership shows and the whole place shines from the grounds, the exterior and what looked to me to be our newly remodeled room.

Despite the landing planes (what do you expect for being so close to LAX?) we had good nights sleep here and I'd stop again. The jet noise quieted down after 10pm.

The Continental Breakfast is basic but filling.

The next day the lady gave us a break on extended check out so the total price was closer to what I had researched. We returned our rental car right across the street and was checking in at LAX within 5 minutes.

I give Super 8 LAX a 4 star rating on the "Hoz Fleabag Hotel" scale.

Unique Quality: Convenient to LAX. Food and shopping within walking distance.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

This Definitely Is An Airport Motel!

This is definitely a proper motel, and more so definitely an airport one too with its location about a mile from the departures entrance to LAX and being directly under the flight path of the departing aircraft. However despite its proximity to the airport the rooms are sufficiently soundproofed to keep the noise levels down to the merest murmer, though you certainly notice them as soon as you open the door.

The motel itself is pretty much a perfect example of a Super8, the rooms spacious, comfortable and clean. Check-in and out were hassle-free and for a value-for-money city hotel this was well worth staying in. The only minor bugbear for me was the fact that there wasn't a bar within easy walking distance!

Unique Quality: It does have an outdoor pool, though we didn't use it. The motel also offers a free airport shuttle with pick ups arranged from the airport using the courtesy phone and parking is free whilst staying there - i'm not sure whether that means you could stay overnight at each end of your journey and be able to park up for the duration, but maybe worth enquiring.

The motel is easily accessed from Interstates 105 and 405.

Directions: From I 105 turn onto Century Blvd toward LAX, motel is on right.

Comments