The Crescent At Legacy Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Los Angeles

Take your bike along the beach in LA.Take your bike along the beach in LA.

Coliseum StadiumColiseum Stadium

guitars at Olvera streetguitars at Olvera street

I will find you!I will find you!

Mobile phones

by sylv2

I intend to keep my phone and sim as is so my kids can text me and visa versa. That way I still use my credit for the month. This phone would be charged expensively if I were to use to call locally in California.

We thought we would take my husbands phone which is not locked to a company and buy a sim in LA so we make local calls.

Is this what others do or is there a better way?

Thanks

by lorrainece

I always keep an old mobile phone for travelling as 'roaming' is always expensive, on a recent trip to US I kept my current phone for receiving text messages home (Australia), and bought a local prepaid sim card for use in Washington/NYC, it worked out so much cheaper that way and I could freely call/text on the local sim to the locals and send text messages at a cheaper rate back home.

by lorrainece

I always keep an old mobile phone for travelling as 'roaming' is always expensive, on a recent trip to US I kept my current phone for receiving text messages from home (Australia), and bought a local prepaid sim card for use in Washington/NYC, it worked out so much cheaper that way and I could freely call/text on the local sim to the locals and send text messages at a cheaper rate back home.

by YVRDave

>>>>>Is this what others do or is there a better way?<<<<<

Some tell the kids to leave them alone as the reason for vacation is to evade those stresses,

Ok ok, that seems to be a good way to do it. Remind the kids about time changes

by gilescorey

I was just there and I bought "burner" mobile phone at Rite Aid. It was $15 and $15/unlimited for one week, renewable. ReadyMobile PCS. I was very happy with the service...kinda wish my service was the same in Spain for which I pay a FORTUNE.

Travel Tips for Los Angeles

Budweiser - King of all Beers?

by Jerelis

Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. In America it wasn’t really that hard to find the brand we liked, it was clearly Budweiser, popularly referred to as Bud.

Budweiser is a lager made with a proportion of rice as a substitute adjunct for barley malt. This immedaitely shows the problem for selling it in Europe as traditional brewers serve beer with only the four main ingredients (water, hops, wheat and barley). So Budweiser is not produced accoring to the German "Reinheitsgebot". But we found out that it didn’t taste distinctively different.

The Budweiser bottle is a rather familiar icon to most Americans. The bottle has remained relatively unchanged since its introduction in 1876. We liked it, but the fraze “King of all Beers” is a bid of an overstatement!

I was there in a bright,...

by shivan

Back in 1998, I think.
This is another picture from my occasional visit to the "fabled" Disneyland, that is located "just" 60 miles south of the downtown Los Angeles where I had my hotel.
Read my other tips for more information.

I was there in a bright, sunny, warm day. Why I had a sweater on, then? Who knows?
P.s.: Oh my God! How fat I was?

Ontario and other alternatives to LAX

by goingsolo

The good news about LAX is that there are several smaller airports in the vicinity that offer more convenient alternatives. Ontario International Airport is located in the area known as the Inland Empire and is about 50 miles east of Los Angeles. It is a small, well run airport served by most carriers and its fairly close to Pasadena, San Bernardino and other cities in the inland area. Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena airport is an even smaller option which is even closer to downtown Los Angeles than LAX. Long Beach airport is a good alternative if visiting that area or Orange County, and some of the smaller carriers offer great rates for people willing to fly into here.

Here's a list of websites for these airports:

www.lawa.org/ontario
www.burbankairport.com
www.lgb.com

Attend a Concert at the Hollywood Bowl

by seagoingJLW

I remember going to the Hollywood Bowl. When we left our motel (in 1946) it was really hot, but we had to take sweaterswith us. Up in the hills where the Hollywood Bowl was, as I remember it, we were quite chilly.

SIM cards in the USA for open phones

by cochinjew

Someone from Oz had the same query, so yesterday when I was in Miami, I went to check with AT/T, one of the two companies that offer prepaid sim cards. First of all, they are useful only for telephone calls and text messaging. Internet browsing and emails are not allowed. the price is pretty steep when you compare the other plans available: 25 cents per minute incoming and outgoing calls, 25 cents per text.
I have an unlocked phone (majority of the cellphones in this world are unlocked) and i just buy sim card whichever country i am travelling to: USA France India Malaysia Cambodia Vietnam Singapore all would allow sim cards.
I have an ipod touch with wifi connection. i can use it, with skype, to call friends and family either for free or for very little.

Comments