333 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, California, 90071, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Nice But Stuffy

I have to be honest as possible here, why? because I am not a person of wealth and I am completely a budget traveller, I am sure we all like to save money but I have never forked over $145.00 at night for a room in all my life. Do not get me wrong, I loved the upscale hotels that can make you stay so comfortable you think your a king. I fully understand that feeling but its way to stuffy for me. I love the king part, but I cannot stand all the stuffiness that goes along with being in a place like this, its a great hotel chain. I have been to others chains and they are all nice. I wasnt impressed much with the downtown area of LA, but the trip was free.I am just happy I won and got to experience California. This is a great hotel, but it just not me. I would not stay here again unless it was for free. This hotel seemed more suitable for business men.

Unique Quality: I loved the bed, I never slept so good in all my life. I loved the fact that I could take a bath and or a shower, they provide a shower seperately. The view wasnt great unless you like looking a gang graffiti laced walls or the smog that lingers over the city. Every one that worked there was super nice and went out of their way to help even when we left and got lost they still helped us get back to the airport.My only gripe about this hotel is you cannot park your car yourself and then you have to pay $17.00 a day to park at the hotel where you are staying and then tip out each time you get your car? I am confused here and then to top it off, you have to pay $17.00 for your breakfast? When did the price of breakfast hike so high up, there is no way in hell those egss taste any better than the ones that I can make at home.One plus, the hotels pool looked amazing!

Directions: Downtown LA

• Best Hotel in LA...

The Marriott Downtown is prob. the safest hotels you can stay in. Security is very important to me, and this hotel exceeded my expectations. There is an excellent bar, (I believe its called Moody's???,) perfect for burgers and fries. Also, there is an excellent buffet w/ omlet woman. Outside of the hotel is a bit sketchy during the weekends, as it seems all the business people leave. During the weekday, downtown is very busy. A few blocks down is California Pizza Kitchen, a must-see. Rooms are normal sized. Felt VERY SAFE. Outdoor pool + Hertz desk. When renting a car, DEFINITLY get a NAVAGATION SYSTEM, as Los Angeles is a spread out city, unlike NY and SF. About 25-30 minutes from LAX... Def. a great hotel...

More about Marriott Los Angeles Downtown

Hotel good bad location

by TripAdvisor Member Shazjak

Stayed at the Marriott in June, the hotel was lovelly, the room was clean and spacious, the problem with this hotel it is in the financial district, it is too far away from the sights of LA. The shop in the hotel is quite poor, to get a better selection people go to western across the road. As it is the financial district there is nothing to do at night. To get to some of the city you can take the metro but this only goes to some of attractions. If the Marriott was in a better position we would go back but as its not we will leave it for the business people and find something in a better part of the city.

Comfortable for business travel

by TripAdvisor Member mcgon4

The LA downtown Marriott is a nice hotel if you need to stay in the downtown or convention center area. The lobby is very bright and inviting to sit down in the lounge for a drink. The pool area is small but good to relax in the sun!
The room had an odor of smoke, although I had requested a NS room. I tried to move, but hotel was completely sold out so they sent a housekeeping person with a spray of air freshner!
The bed and linens are very nice and very comfortable. I enjoyed the restaurant, Moody's, for dinner one evening.
All the staff are cordial and were helpful.

Decent stay in downtown LA

by TripAdvisor Member MarBoka

We got a very good deal through priceline and hence we rate our experience at this hotel based on the price we paid.
Good location. Parking is extra $16.50 per 24 hours. Breakfast is extra too (like$12). Room was decent size, with the coffee maker, coffee and tea bags which was nice. We had a ironing board but no iron (however, we didn't bother to inquire about it). Clean bathroom. No free internet was a minus to me.
Quick check-in and quick check out.

beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member eema22

Beautiful, elegant hotel. The staff was very helpful and curtious. My room was small but lovely. The new, crisp white duvets looked sumptous and were wonderful to sleep with. The view of the city was great. The bathroom was beautiful. The downsides: small room, small tv, no fridge.

Very Clean

by TripAdvisor Member rps291

This hotel is a very clean and upscale hotel! I did not have any problems and staff were great! As for the area i found it was fine not as bad as other reviews had written about it however i would not recommend you travel any more then 6 blocks east of this hotel at night! There is not much to do around this hotel but i found fig-7 mall very nice! I food and drinks at this hotel are upscale you can find cheaper in the area then in the hotel!
The services are great and i like this place for being so close to the interstate and being as quiet as it was!
But if i were to return or recommend to someone stay around Sundset Blvd or Hollywood Blvd less travel as the cabbies are a rip off 50 percent of the time!

Best Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member OYNKS

My company's home office is located in L.A. and I fly in from the east coast often for business. Traveling can be grueling at times and certainly not glamorous when you do it often. This is where the L.A. Marriott Downtown shines....the service is impeccable. The associates actually care! They are proactive, they follow through on commitments, anticipate your needs and are well connected. In particular, the concierge and head bartenders are unbelievable - making restaurant reservations, confirming times, offering specialized transportation, etc. etc. At some hotels you can disappear into the tired carpeting and drab walls, but you stand out at the Marriott as an important customer whether you stay once or every month. The hotel is clean, has been upgraded to include wi-fi (although IBAHN can be difficult if you use VPN) and the restaurant is surprisingly good. It is not the ritz carlton, but compares favorably against similar properties. There is no other choice for me - well done!

Nice Building; for Service Look Elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member BeverlyGuy

This hotel got fairly good reviews amidst the pricy downtown choices, and I am a Marriott rewards member, so it was my choice. The booking at Marriott website was smooth, and a "your upcoming stay" reminder was received...with no mention that the hotel was smack in the middle of the LA Marathon...a 26 mile obstacle I had to navigate around in an effort to reach the hotel. OK, so the hotel doesn't control this (even though they could have given some notice in that e-mail), but with limited knowledge of LA driving, and many one way streets, and traffic backups at every turn...I needed some help getting to the hotel. I called and asked for directions. After being put on hold, the operator came back and told me tersely to go on one street. Got there and it was closed. Called back and specifically asked for the concierge, expecting to get to someone who had time and knowledge to help. No luck. Operator says "what do you want a concierge for?" I told her...she says I can help you...and puts me on hold for a full 10 minutes (per cell phone call time). I held because I did not know what else to do. When she came back I was about to enter a downtown tunnel, and I lost signal. Totally unhelpful. I eventually twisted and turned my way there with my original printed directions and a good sense of direction.

It took about 45 minutes extra to make my way to the hotel through all this, and I was steamed. The lobby was wall to wall full of some running group eating off paper plates and throwing food on the floor. I happened to get the manager to check me. He reports that "our operators are cross trained as concierges." Well, not really, and not when they have to put guests on hold for massive amounts of time to handle other calls. I was offered an upgrade to club level and 1000 points extra, but it did not end there.

The 11th floor club room was no gift. The staff alternated between cranking up the two televisions so they could stand there and watch their own shows, to standing guard over the food and "honor bar." I was refused the right to mix my own drink at this "honor bar." Another bad show of Marriott inattention to staff training and customer service at this hotel. I won't even go into the restaurant story...let's just say you shouldn't go into the restaurants. Overall a very disappointing service experience in a property that is otherwise well maintained, quiet, reasonably well located and attractive. I had a great downtown view from my room,including the new Disney Concert Hall. One other good point was the fast and courteous serivce of the required valet parking--which turns out to be an outside concession not operated by Marriott staff!

A final note, the I-Bahn (fee based) wireless Internet provided a 100% signal to my room--better than I get at home--but the servers are VERY slow, and you would be better off with dial up.

Well Located Downtown Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nbaker7952

I was in LA for the Marathon after travelling from the UK, I had concerns about staying downtown but as the hotel was located by the race finish line it suited.

The hotel is well located, a few coffee house's and cafe's locally. It is only a 5 minute walk from the Metro station and conveniant for bus stops, which is great as $3 will buy you a daily metro pass to travel freely on the buses and Metro pretty much everywhere.

Hotel restaurants were good and the rooms were typically marriott and well kept.

I booked early and got a good rate and would quite happily stay here again.

Sure the hotel is next to a freeway but this is a city hotel, so you have to expect this, saying that, I sat by the pool for half a day and still found it pleasant in the sunshine.

Staff were all proffessional and happy to assist and seemed conscious of quality which is something sadly lacking in the UK.

I think with Marriott you generally know what you are getting and this hotel ticks the boxes in the right place.

Overall, if you get a good price then this hotel is worth a look as you can easily access all the attractions from the metro within 20 minutes.

Felt quiet safe walking around the local area.

Comments