The LA Hotel Downtown

onestepaway's Profile Photo

Nice But Stuffy

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 4, 2007

I have to be honest as possible here, why? because I am not a person of wealth and I am completely a budget traveller, I am sure we all like to save money but I have never forked over $145.00 at night for a room in all my life. Do not get me wrong, I loved the upscale hotels that can make you stay so comfortable you think your a king. I fully understand that feeling but its way to stuffy for me. I love the king part, but I cannot stand all the stuffiness that goes along with being in a place like this, its a great hotel chain. I have been to others chains and they are all nice. I wasnt impressed much with the downtown area of LA, but the trip was free.I am just happy I won and got to experience California. This is a great hotel, but it just not me. I would not stay here again unless it was for free. This hotel seemed more suitable for business men.

Unique Quality: I loved the bed, I never slept so good in all my life. I loved the fact that I could take a bath and or a shower, they provide a shower seperately. The view wasnt great unless you like looking a gang graffiti laced walls or the smog that lingers over the city. Every one that worked there was super nice and went out of their way to help even when we left and got lost they still helped us get back to the airport.My only gripe about this hotel is you cannot park your car yourself and then you have to pay $17.00 a day to park at the hotel where you are staying and then tip out each time you get your car? I am confused here and then to top it off, you have to pay $17.00 for your breakfast? When did the price of breakfast hike so high up, there is no way in hell those egss taste any better than the ones that I can make at home.One plus, the hotels pool looked amazing!

Directions: Downtown LA

Best Hotel in LA...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 30, 2005

The Marriott Downtown is prob. the safest hotels you can stay in. Security is very important to me, and this hotel exceeded my expectations. There is an excellent bar, (I believe its called Moody's???,) perfect for burgers and fries. Also, there is an excellent buffet w/ omlet woman. Outside of the hotel is a bit sketchy during the weekends, as it seems all the business people leave. During the weekday, downtown is very busy. A few blocks down is California Pizza Kitchen, a must-see. Rooms are normal sized. Felt VERY SAFE. Outdoor pool + Hertz desk. When renting a car, DEFINITLY get a NAVAGATION SYSTEM, as Los Angeles is a spread out city, unlike NY and SF. About 25-30 minutes from LAX... Def. a great hotel...

Nearby The LA Hotel Downtown

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews