The Ritz Milner Los Angeles

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Nice stay for good price. Highly recommend

Very nice stay for a great price paid $80-90 dollars for the night. A family friend's wedding was nearby. Booked 2 twin beds in non-smoking section. A tad small but it was clean, no frills, and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely recommend staying here. Honestly don't know why this place received so many negative reviews.

Unique Quality: Ideal stay to view downtown LA hot spots without hurting your wallet

Directions: Near downtown Macy's

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

NOT recommended

Having been in the hospitality business for over 17 years, I try not to be overly harsh but this hotel is a waste. When I arrived at about 9 PM, my room was still unmade from the previous guest. My phone also did not work so I had to go all the way back down to the lobby to try to remedy those two situations. The desk clerk offered to allow me to move to another room but would not give me another key until I gave the first one back to him so I had to go back and remove my luggage and either leave it in the hallway or take it back to the lobby with me. The second room was only two doors from my first one but he did not tell me that until I got back to the lobby with luggage in hand, literally. Cleanliness was acceptable and that was their best feature. In spite of my requests, they did not turn my phone on until my third day there. They advertise a restaurant and lounge and have rooms for both but neither is in operation and there were no efforts in evidence to put them into service. Worst of all, when I checked out, they charged me $30 per night more than my confirmed reservation had promised. The manager on duty refused to even come down from his office to discuss the matter and the corporate president has not responded to my postal enquiry. Go somewhere else. I certainly will.

Unique Quality: "In 1918 Earle R. Milner surveyed America's hotel industry and didn't like what he saw. Sure, there were lots of hotels. But those most recognizable and reliable promoted a lavish continental style, with commensurate cost, beyond the needs and means of America's increasingly mobile middle class."
    This is the first paragraph from their website and would lead one to think that Mr. Milner had committed to do something about improving the hospitality industry. If he did, his descendants seem to have lost that vision. In fact, I re-read the history portion of a hospitality textbook which was written about 20 years ago and the Milner chain/family is not even mentioned.

Directions: Central LA. Near the Staples Center/Convention Center area. It is convenient to these, it is unfortunate that they do not seem to care how bad they are.

More about The Ritz Milner Los Angeles

Ritz Milner?

by SKITTLES1933

Is this a shady place or a decent place to stay? Is it in a good part of town? The price can't be beat, so i was kinda wondering why.

813 South Flower Street
Los Angeles, California 90017, United States

by SKITTLES1933

Well, not really set plans yet. Spend one day doing a Starline tour of the homes of the rich and famous and Rodeo and the Hollywood sign. Then spend one day maybe going to Malibu. Not sure..any suggestions on that too? :) I only have 2 days there.

by travelgourmet

Two days isn't much time in LA, but in Hollywood it might be enough time. No matter what others think, Hollywood does have somethings to give to tourists. The key word is tourists, not locals who become hardened to the attractions in Hollywood. Hollywood is one of the main reasons that LA grew as fast as it did, and one of the reasons for the mass employment in the entertainment field that abounds in the LA area. Check out the website: www.hollywood-area-attractions.com ... OH, btw, nothing to see in Hollywood, just check out the Hollywood Bowl or the new Kodak Theatre. I Love LA

Re: Ritz Milner?

by cheap_tourist

Based on the address you gave, the hotel is in a quiet part of Downtown L.A. It is quiet even during the day. Just a block away, however, is the Red Line subway station on 7th Street and Figueroa/Flower/Hope. You can take a Red Line train to Hollywood and Universal Studios.

There are many DASH shuttle bus stops nearby. DASH B buses, which stop in front of Macy's at 7th and Flower, go to Chinatown. DASH A buses, which stop on Flower near this hotel, go to Little Tokyo.

Re Hollywood, go ahead and see it and form your own opinion. Personally, knowing what I know now, I would still go there. How else can I say that I've been to Hollywood? By the way, you can still watch a movie at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. This movie theatre appeared in many classic movies including "Singin' in the Rain."

Comments