The Ritz Milner Los Angeles

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Women's Travel Budget Travel Singles
See Amenities

Nice stay for good price. Highly recommend

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2011

Very nice stay for a great price paid $80-90 dollars for the night. A family friend's wedding was nearby. Booked 2 twin beds in non-smoking section. A tad small but it was clean, no frills, and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely recommend staying here. Honestly don't know why this place received so many negative reviews.

Unique Quality: Ideal stay to view downtown LA hot spots without hurting your wallet

Directions: Near downtown Macy's

etfromnc's Profile Photo

NOT recommended

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2006

Having been in the hospitality business for over 17 years, I try not to be overly harsh but this hotel is a waste. When I arrived at about 9 PM, my room was still unmade from the previous guest. My phone also did not work so I had to go all the way back down to the lobby to try to remedy those two situations. The desk clerk offered to allow me to move to another room but would not give me another key until I gave the first one back to him so I had to go back and remove my luggage and either leave it in the hallway or take it back to the lobby with me. The second room was only two doors from my first one but he did not tell me that until I got back to the lobby with luggage in hand, literally. Cleanliness was acceptable and that was their best feature. In spite of my requests, they did not turn my phone on until my third day there. They advertise a restaurant and lounge and have rooms for both but neither is in operation and there were no efforts in evidence to put them into service. Worst of all, when I checked out, they charged me $30 per night more than my confirmed reservation had promised. The manager on duty refused to even come down from his office to discuss the matter and the corporate president has not responded to my postal enquiry. Go somewhere else. I certainly will.

Unique Quality: "In 1918 Earle R. Milner surveyed America's hotel industry and didn't like what he saw. Sure, there were lots of hotels. But those most recognizable and reliable promoted a lavish continental style, with commensurate cost, beyond the needs and means of America's increasingly mobile middle class."
This is the first paragraph from their website and would lead one to think that Mr. Milner had committed to do something about improving the hospitality industry. If he did, his descendants seem to have lost that vision. In fact, I re-read the history portion of a hospitality textbook which was written about 20 years ago and the Milner chain/family is not even mentioned.

Directions: Central LA. Near the Staples Center/Convention Center area. It is convenient to these, it is unfortunate that they do not seem to care how bad they are.

Nearby The Ritz Milner Los Angeles

• Continental Breakfast
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Bar / Lounge

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews