The Tower Beverly Hills

1224 South Beverwil Drive, (formerly Lowes Beverly Hills), Los Angeles, California, 90035, USA

• SCMcGraw's Profile Photo

Good accomodations in a good location

I have stayed at the Loews in Beverly Hills a number of times over the last couple of years. I have always had great service and comfortable accomodations. The rooms are generously sized, with bathrooms off of an alcove. All rooms have balconies with views. The rooms off of Pico can be a little noiser than the ones facing north- but the noise level depends on what floor you are on. There is now a complementary continental breakfast served in the restaurant.

There are a number of restaurants within walking distance on Pico, or on Beverly Drive and walking to Rodeo Drive area is very doable from this hotel. There is valet parking and a bar/ restaurant. I haven't tried the pool, but the fitness room is acceptable (small, but does the trick).

Directions: On the edge of Beverly HIlls

More about The Tower Beverly Hills

Cant wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member DWH024

Excellent location a five minute walk from the centre of BH, and located on Rodeo Drive.

From arriving at the Valet stand to checking out the service was superb, our room was large and very comfortable.

The food and resturant area are good.

For the money this takes some beating, a real feeling of luxury without the price.

Very nice hotel. There is no truth to the bad reviews given to this hotel. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The sheets were super clean, I had a great view from the 11th floor and I got a free upgrade to a premium room as a Loews First customer. The frontdesk and valet,bellhop etc were super professional and the desk phone was answered promptly. I will stay here again and again...

it's alright...not the best...

A summary based on my trip from June 23 to 26, 2004.
Staff -courteous, friendly, helpful always with a smile except for this lady serving breakfast on the 10th floor who never smiled. I suggest they put somebody more pleasant since it's your first encouter of the day and you want to deal with somebody more pleasant...
Rooms-good view but not very clean meaning, carpets were stained, walls tired, bedspread and throw pillow had stains and needs to be replaced, bathroom not pearl white...what else did I miss?
Service-not bad but one comment about the restaurant bar-the calamari was excellent but the drinks not too good. The bartender could not get my drink right either it was too strong or too weak..order beer instead to be on the safeside.
Not waking distance to Rodeo Drive.
Would I stay there again? Probably not...only if it was the only thing available...
p.s. also think that the parking was a rip off...

Fair value - friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member tilbee

Our family had a nice stay here during our 4 day visit to the LA area. The hotel has a nice location in the Beverly Hills area and the staff was exceptionally friendly. The hotel decor and rooms are upscale but somewhat dated. The exterior of the hotel is not real attractive but neither are many of the Beverly Hills landmark hotels. The hotel has a nice little outdoor pool area and the restaurant ambiance was good although the one meal we had there was only average. I would stay here again.

'Loews Lite'; 4 star facilities with 2 star service

by TripAdvisor Member Vnyrdr

Great location, and nicely furnished suite, but terrible service. I am a Loews Platinum member, as I stay at Loews properties nearly 50 nights a year, and have always been very pleased with the service and amenities. This property, however, is a 'Loews Lite'. Concierge is only on duty 8am - 4pm, so both a business traveller and a busy family touring can never actually use the concierge. The desk staff 'fills in' after the concierge leaves, but is basically useless; restaurant inquiries were handled by handing over an ancient Zagats guide; the one restaurant recommended had been closed for over a year. 'Club lounge' is a farce; stale bagels and day-old croissants in a standing-room only environment, with a tacky tip jar prominently displayed! Turndown service only came half the nights, and never made up the sofa-bed or replenished the towels. Loews website advertises 'kids goodies'; this hotel 'doesn't do that'. A folder in the room advertised the closet of items available upon request; we requested two (a nightlight and an additional clock) and were told 'we don't have those items, that card shouldn't have been in the room'. If you've never stayed at a Loews, and go there expecting 2 star service, maybe you won't be disappointed, but this is one hotel I won't be returning to!

Very acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member Dana13

While it's cleary not fresh and new, the Loews Hotel is a totally acceptable place to stay. My husband and I spent two night there this month and while some of the furniture could use some new upholstry, the bed had a temperpedic mattress which was extremely comfortable and the old chairs were also quite comfortable. Our room had a nice balcony (I think that all the rooms had this) and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful including the check-in desk, bellhops, valet parking staff. The location is a bit odd but we really appreciated that our room was very quiet given the awful traffic in LA and we weren't too far from the freeways needed to get anywhere in LA...My biggest gripe is the totally lame continental breakfast that they provide for 'VIP rooms'. Don't pay extra for this. Better to drink the coffee in your room and save your money for a good breakfast!

Great place to stay

I just completed a 2 week business stay at the Loews and found the hotel to be great. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The view from my room was terrific. Only complaint is the elevators - sometimes they are really slow, but they eventually come. I'm going back in a few weeks and plan to stay there again. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. I loved it!

Was great!

We just stayed here for 5 nights. We are pretty picky and this hotel worked out great. We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 10th floor. We thought the location was great, our room was clean, the front desk and valet staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. A problem at check-in was quickly resolved. Would stay here again next trip to LA. I didn't believe it, but the beds were really as good as everyone says.

Incredible view

by TripAdvisor Member megmarc

My wife and I just spent 5 nights at the LBH. We had a one bedroom suite on the 10th floor. I have stayed at several Loews Hotels, so the LBH was a little of a surprise, as I would descibe it more as a botique hotel, rather than the much larger Loews facilities I had experienced before. This however seems to be more common in BH, than other places we had stayed. All in all our stay was very pleasant and we would go back again. The LBH does have some very distinct strengths and weaknesses. First the strengths:
view is incredible
staff is outstanding in every way
rooms were roomy & comfortable with many extras
very convenient location
Now the weaknesses:
Rooms are tired. Furniture is worn.
Elevator is slow slow slow. The 2nd is being renovated and was not working.
Club level is meaningless. It allows you to have a continental breakfast and internet access.
All in all we very much enjoyed our stay. We would go back but probably will try something different next time just for the variety. I understand Loews recently purchased this sight, so I think they need a chance to upgrade the facility. I would recommend it based on the convenience of the location, the view and the staff.

Comments