Travelodge Hotel Lax Airport

Travelodge Hotel at LAX
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

AFFORDABLE, COMFORTABLE at LAX

I have stayed here at least 6 times in the past few years, for my overnight between international flights, as I live in Mexico and frequently go to Asia and Europe.

As mentioned in other reviews, it is one of the older hotels in the area, but the rooms have been upgraded and I have always had a very comfortable, QUIET room with all the amenities; and even lately they have FREE WIFI available in the room, which has always worked well for me.

I find their big beautiful mattresses wonderful for sleeping and lots of channels on the TV so I can veg after a long flight. There is a coffee/tea maker available and more condiments if required, by requesting them at the Reception Desk.

Also, they are near many of the rental car returns, which was very convenient for me when I drove up from San Diego one time before flying out, but usually I use their FREE SHUTTLE. When the bus comes, it is only a couple minutes to the hotel and the driver has always been very courteous and of course handles the luggage; but sometimes when phoning for the service from the airport, the call has not been properly handled and I had to return to the airport and phone again, which after a long 17 hr flight, does not make one happy. I registered this complaint at the Reception Desk and it seems that an outside marketer handles these calls. so I think that this has been acted upon for improvement, as at my most recent visit, I had no problem in this regard.

For local people flying out, they are in the PARK-SLEEP-FLY system, so you can park your car here while away, included in the price of a one-night stay (which is, of course, higher priced than just staying one night without needing car parking). http://losangeles.parksleepfly.com/

They also have designated PET rooms for an additional $20.00/first pet, $5.00/second pet per day.

and WEEKLY RATES with laundry facilities.

Unique Quality: They are in a tranquil garden setting with a large heated pool, but I have never had occasion to use it.

Continental Breakfast included, but there is a DENNY's restaurant on site too.

They are listed on the American Airlines Hotel website if you would like to get additional Aadvantage Miles at the same rate as when using the TraveLodge site.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

I'm an old faithful

There's nothing like staying someplace every time you visit a city and memorizing your way around the vicinity. I choose this hotel every time because it's affordable, it's comfortable and it's in close proximity to the airport as well as all the sights my sister and I chose to experience.

Unique Quality: Close to the airport, good sized pool with plenty of lounge chairs (all in the sun), comfortable and spacious rooms and all around good service. I'm a repeat customer.

• wkcsmt's Profile Photo

Tranquil & Affordable

I spent a night here before my connecting flight leaves the next evening. No regrets choosing this close to airport hotel.

The tranquil garden setting takes your mind away that from the busy city and you won't know that you're so close to the airport. The hotel is just 3 blocks away from Disneyland Park. 24 hour Denny's Restaurant with cocktail lounge is within the vicinity of the hotel.

Guests also get free complimentary Continental breakfast with their stay. Not too bad breakfast selection... sweet rolls, bagels, muffins, fresh fruits, a variety of hot & cold beverages...

Unique Quality: 24 hour front desk

Free Shuttle Service:
    - Hollywood Park Casino
    - Live Entertainment
    - Manhattan Beach Pier & Village Shopping

Directions: 0.5 mile from LAX Airport - between the 405 freeway and the airport on Century Blvd's Hotel Row.

More about Travelodge Hotel Lax Airport

Management refused to honor confirmed rate

by TripAdvisor Member mythreecents

I reserved the following rate online at the Travelodge website: "Managers Special Discounted Rate/No Requirements You Deserve a Break 77.00 night" - which purportedly included a free breakfast bar, free airport transportation and free parking. My intent was to stay the night before an early morning international flight and leave my car at the hotel for 6 days. The rate seemed low, but it was booked at the last minute and the place is a two-star hotel.

I arrived around midnight, tired after having working late before vacation, and scheduled to fly out at 7 am. The front desk agent, refused to honor the rate I had booked on the Travelodge website. Even after looking at my confirmation, she said there was no way that rate could include free parking because it was just "too cheap". Rahel told me there was no manager on site, and she was the only one in charge. And she insisted I had to pay $6-8 per day for parking. Even after looking at my confirmation, she continued to argue with me, changing her mind numerous times - ie rate included no free parking at all, one night free plus extra nights at a discount, etc.. She continued to insist that, despite what the confirmation said, it didn't mean what it said!! The agent was rude and condescending, and she said I should have known the rate was too good to be true!

I left the Travelodge and went directly to the Crowne Plaza (4 stars and comfortable), where I paid $169 for a one night stay and 7 days parking. After returning from my trip, I wrote a letter to the coporate office (Cendant), who forwarded the letter to the Travelodge LAX for a reply.

Several weeks later I got a snide and patronizing letter from the manager of the Travelodge LAX, essentially warning me not to rely on an internet reservation, even though the internet reservation was made on the Travelodge website!!! The letter was sarcastic and blamed me for misinterpreting the language of the reservation.

I was most disappointed with the bad attitude of staff and management. I'm sorry now I didn't follow up in small claims court, as the confirmed reservation constituted a contract. I was too busy at work to bother. However, as a lawyer, I am perfectly familiar with contracts. Obviously the Travelodge is not! Watch out if you reserve a room on their website!!!!!

Not a place we could stay

by TripAdvisor Member jahburt

Our family booked two rooms the night before our departure from LAX, as we had a early morning flight. The hotel was disgusting. Fast food trays left out in the hallways, signs in the lobby reminding staff NOT to leave food out due to the bug problem. The smell coming out of the room when the door was opened was unbearable in both rooms. We could not allow our children to stay there. The rooms and bathrooms were not clean. We immediaelty returned to the desk to leave, and went to the Hilton down the street. Only good point, they canceled our payment without any issue.

Enjoyed the Stay

I stayed there for 5 weeks & the next time I'm in Los Angeles I'll be staying there again. The service, staff & location were ok. The hotel was gated security, & there were always security guards on place. Thanx everybody there, I enjoyed myself.

George Courtney
Room 168 & 182

ok hotel, no suitable internet access, limited parking

Stayed here for 2 nights before flying back to Australia. We checked in quite late on the first night with no problems. Having a 24 hour Denny's on the property was very convenient, however they were understaffed both nights which meant you had to wait for a while to be seated.
The internet was hard to access, it was extremely slow by the pool and non existant in the lobby area. My husband spoke with the hotel staff and whilst he did become a little frustrated, as the hotel staff work in customer service they should know how to handle frustrated customers. One of the things you don't do is roll your eyes and state "whatever".
The parking was limited and located in a back street. We were placed in a room upstairs and there was no way we were able to obtain a downstairs room so we ended up having to lug 6 suitcases up 2 flights of stairs.
Our room was quiet and clean and comfortable. Only problem was the toilet kept blocking. The shower was fantastic however again towels were tiny and rationed for some reason.
When we spoke with maintenance to unblock the toilet they asked if we would like to plunge the toilet. Quite annoyed with that actually as it is there responsibility and they ARE maintenance after all.
Pool is quite nice and really the hotel looks like a holiday appartment building on the beach, although in the heart of the airport area.
Overall ok stay, clean and cheap and very close to airport

Ok place

by TripAdvisor Member suru

This is a very old hotel near LAX. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room in the back which was pretty quiet. The hotel sits right on a busy street, and I imagine those rooms would be very noisy. The place is a little (well, more than a little) run down but the rooms were clean and spacious. There are no elevators so you have to lug your luggage up the stairs. The gardens were nice and the grounds are well kept. The continental breakfast was juice, coffee, cereal, breads, bagels, apples and bananas. A very nice lady will toast your bagels for you. The only problem I really had with the place was the other people staying there. Somebody in the middle of the night was banging on everyone's doors trying to find their room. In the morning a man let his dog relieve itself (#2) right in the walkway where everyone was rolling their suitcases. I talked him into picking up after his dog, but it was just gross. I guess the hotel has no control over the behavior of the people staying there, so you can't blame them. So, for the money, the Travelodge is ok for a quick night, but I wouldn't want to spend anymore time there.

OK Stop Over

We stayed at the Travelodge at LAX Airport on April 11th 2006 and found it to be acceptable. It was only a one-night stop over so I wouldn't complain too much. However, being in a busy area I certainly wouldn't want to spend much time there. While it had many ammenities we didn't get to check any of them out so I can't really comment. Parking was rather difficult and instructions from the staff were not very clear. It was a little strange signing a waiver to park "at your own risk". The lot was cramped and it was hard to find a spot. Being a smaller hotel it was also difficult with no elevators. This wouldn't have been as much of an issue if parking were not so scarce. I would have hated to have parked too far and had to carry luggage all that way and then up the stairs as well. Breakfast was adequate but there was no seating for the continental breakfast offering and we ended up eating in the car. We found the staff "serving" breakfast less than friendly and almost felt bad for going to get our included meal. Fortunately for this hotel there is a Denny's attached ... unfortunately that is not where you receive your included breakfast. Over all I'd say this is a good one-nighter but again, I didn't take that much notice of the area because we were in and out ... just an over-nighter and very handy to the airport and airport parking lots. The room was a good size and quite clean.

Good launch pad for flights.....

by TripAdvisor Member RegRgr

This is not a place to spend your vacation, but if you are coming into LAX late or have an early flight, this is the place to stay! The hotel doesn't appear to be located in the best neighborhood in town, but the hotel is well fenced, locked, and gated and I saw Security making rounds at 9 pm as well as 3:45 am! Again, not a place to spend your vacation; it is neither new, refurbished, luxurious, or any of those things, but I am giving it an "Excellent" rating for what it is (a jumping off/on spot) and what they will do for you.

SO WHY DID I RATE IT HIGHLY? Rates were very reasonable-$72/night for 2 double beds. We dropped our rental car off the day before our flight left-the Travelodge shuttle picked us up at the airport within minutes. Our flight left at 0600; our wakeup call was dead on at 0300 as requested. The shuttle left at exactly 0400 and arrived at the airport at about 0410. The staff was courteous, friendly, and helpful to us. These are very important things when you are trying to catch flights and make connections and that is why I gave them an excellent!

OK

by TripAdvisor Member hhh39

Close to the airport. Right across the street from Thrifty Car Rental. Our room was big enough with one bed, though not spacious. Beautiful garden with pool. Breakfast was okay. It was convenient as we only needed something close to the airport for one night. Oh, and free airport shuttle, too.

Los Angeles LAX Airport Hotels

by foxytoo

Is the Travel Lodge at LAX a decent hotel and is it in a safe area?

RE: Los Angeles LAX Airport Hotels

by yvr

I stayed at the Tavelodge LAX a few months ago, It is fine, it is clean and comfortable. It is in a great location near the airport,about 5 minutes away, they offer a complimentary shuttle from and to the airport. They also offer a continental breakfast, I would skip that and go to Dennys which is located right next to the hotel.

RE: Los Angeles LAX Airport Hotels

by tracys2cents

The Travelodge on Century blvd is better than the one that is South of LAX on (I think it's) Sepulveda. But both are pretty safe.

RE: RE: Los Angeles LAX Airport Hotels

by yvr

The one on Century is the one I have stayed in and was the one I suggested. Not any of the others.

Re: Los Angeles LAX Airport Hotels

by wespj

It has been a few years since my stay there - I felt the area around the hotel was NOT safe, but that being inside the hotel generally was. Still, not fun. When I stayed there a few days ago I tried the La Qinta on the advice of Airport Hotel Guru. Much better.

Good luck.