Westin Los Angeles Airport

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Sleeping it Off

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2012

We arrived from Sydney Australia at 9:30 am on the same day that we left Sydney at 1:00 p.m. Our next flight was a little after midnight. When I was in LAX on the way out, I was given the name of this hotel as one that had a free shuttle to the airport, and the price was very reasonable, but only for that same day, and I didn't want it until three weeks later. So not so good a price. We could have stayed closer to the airport and still had a free shuttle. All we wanted was a bed for the day. I pre-paid and couldn't change the reservation. If I had been thinking, I would have waited until we got back and made a reservation then and got the cheap rate.

They put a charge on my card in case I accidentally used something from the mini-bar or wanted something to eat. But we didn't, so eventually it went away.

Unique Quality: We got the shuttle and went to the hotel and checked in - hobbled to the room, and went to sleep. I set a wake-up call for 9 pm.

I got up about 6 and tried to find the phone charger to call Bob (because my phone was dead) and did recharge the laptop from what I'd used in the airport.We didn't feel much like a shower so we repacked and went down and checked out and got the shuttle back to the airport. On the way to the airport there were two shuttles right behind each other. I don't know why.

Directions: four blocks from the airport

Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline bargain near the airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 1, 2004

2nd stay-April 2007

This was my 2nd stay at the Westin near LAX, I typically bid the 3* category but this time there was one hotel that I wanted to avoid in the 3* category so I bid 4*.

Hotels near airports in large cities tend to be cheaper than hotels directly in the cities since they tend to be out of the way. Fortunately for us, that is where we need to stay when we visit. I didn't get the terrific bargain rate of $45 I did the first time on this hotel on Priceline, this time I had to bid $75 to get the Westin. A quick look at Bidding For Travel will give you an idea of how much it goes for currently.

Both times they honored my room requests, once for adjoining rooms and the 2nd time for two beds even though the room was through Priceline.

There is a complimentary shuttle from LAX, I think it went 2 times per hour from the hotel back to the airport, not sure about pickup from the airport.

From 5-7pm they have something called "unwind" in the lobby, I'm still not entirely sure if it's complimentary or not but it looked like drinks were being served.

Unique Quality: Overall I was satisfied with the hotel, the beds are the Heavenly Beds they advertise which are comfortable with down pillows and comforter and the shower is the Heavenly Shower which has curved shower curtains and dual shower heads. Towels were reasonably thick. Toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bar soap. There was a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board. No refrigerator in our room, the higher priced rooms have them along with mini bars. TV with only one premium channel, I think it was Showtime.

There was a nice workout facility and an outside pool with deck chairs, neither of which I had time to use. It would have still been a little chilly to use the pool.

My only real complaint, which is basically true of most hotels of this caliber, is that they charge extra, and a lot extra, for everything not included in the basic rate. Parking is an additional $15 a day, internet access in the lobby was $6 for 15 minutes although there is wifi in the hotel and computer hookups in the room should you be traveling with your own. You can probably find cheaper parking around LAX but it's then a hassle to get back to the hotel. I didn't even bother to look at the restaurants.

Oh and the walls of our room were a little thin, we were treated to some early morning and nocturnal entertainment (think Kim Cattrell in "Porky's", her nickname was Lassie should you not have seen it), it might have been amusing had I been there with my husband but since I was with dad, it was just a tad embarrassing!

Directions: About 5 minute drive from LAX and rental cars

goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Westin Los Angeles Airport

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2004

I stayed here for one night after arriving late into LAX. Since I was planning on leaving the LA area early the next morning, an airport hotel seemed like a good idea.

The Westin is a bit farther than most of the airport hotels. Like the others, there's a free shuttle to and from LAX, which saves about $7-8 in cab fare each way. The hotel has the typical Westin amenities and is a comfortable place to stay. The gym is supposed to be pretty good, but I didn't get a chance to visit it. Based on my experience, Westin gyms are hit and miss. But its a bit pricier than the others in the area.

Unique Quality: Nothing really. The Westin may be a bit nicer than some of the others in the area, but with a Marriott, Sheraton and Hilton within a mile, its just a matter of preference, or which will offer the best deal.

Directions: Less than a mile from the airport

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Great View... you will pay for it though.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 7, 2004

If you are on a budget, do not bother looking at prices for this hotel... when room service alone is more expensive than other hotels in Los Angeles, you know you are in the wrong place.

If you are a Conde Nast Traveller, and like to pay 250 a night for a room with a view, instead of getting out and seeing the city, than this place is for you.

Three midsize shrimp in the restaurant ran me 18 dollars, and a side salad was another 11!

Enjoy one of the other Starwood facilities, but skip this one.

Avryle's Profile Photo

The best beds near LAX

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 31, 2004

I love the Westin! Great beds, great showers. 24 hour Subway next door.

Unique Quality: As I've said, I love the Westin's beds- fluffy white down comfortors and pillows. Yea! However, this one's pool is kinda cruddy. The gym is okay though. It's also usually possible to find decent street parking at night- a savings of $14.00 per day. Also, I've found that the higher end rooms here are stocked with better bath products by Molton Brown versus the Westin Heavenly line.

Directions: Across from the Quality Inn

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Los Angeles Travel Forum

Need advice about Los Angeles, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Los Angeles and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews