Wilshire Grand Hotel Los Angeles

930 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California, 90017, United States

• Skywalker84's Profile Photo

The closest accomodation to the L.A. attractions !

The Wilshire Grand Hotel rooms are equipped with all thats necessary to make your trip unique. The hotel includes various shops, a coffee-shop and 2 restaurants (American and japanese food). There's also a fitness room located at the lobby level as well as an outdoor jacuzzi and pool (heated).
    The hotel is located "face to face" to the 7th Street Metro station, what makes it possible to get to any place in the L.A. area from there.
    Starbucks, Macys Shopping Plaza and restaurants are located near the Wilshire Grand.

There are often special offers at the internet page at http://www.wilshiregrand.com

Unique Quality: Excellent Japanese restaurant located in the ground floor, excellent service and friendly staff. In my opinion: "The best place to stay in Downtown for an acceptable price"

Directions: Financial District, Downtown Los Angeles.
    Near the L.A. Convention Center

More about Wilshire Grand Hotel Los Angeles

Downtown LA - The largest hotel of LA!

by Jerelis

there are quite a lot of hotels situated in the New Down Town, like the Marriot Hotel, the Wilshire Grand Hotel and the Bonaventure Hotel. The last one was designed by John Portman and opened in 1978. The four cylinders that flank the central cylinder are made of mirrored glass and contain luxury rooms and suites.

A restaurant on the 35th floor boasts a revolving cocktail lounge that provides a 360 degree panoramic view of L.A. The Bonaventure is the largest hotel in Los Angeles, with 1368 rooms (468 more rooms than any other hotel in Downtown Los Angeles). At street level, pedestrians are welcomed to the Bonaventure by unfriendly fortress facades.

Directions:
Downtown Los Angeles is generally thought to be bounded by the Los Angeles River on the east, the U.S. Route 101 on the north, the 10 Santa Monica Freeway on the south and the 110 Harbor Freeway on the west.

Could do better, Could do worse

by TripAdvisor Member MrDoof

Just finished a three night stay at the Wilshire Grand as a part of running the Los Angeles Marathon during the first weekend of March. The hotel location is great and the outside facade and lobby/ballroom areas are nicely updated and attractive. We stayed in a "double double" room - two bathrooms and two double beds. Spacious room, but hasn't been updated in years. Both bathrooms were small and cramped. The rooms could use updating as well, the furniture was more appropriate for a Motel 6 than the category that this hotel would like to fit into. There are lots of choices in downtown LA, I'd go with the Wilshire Grand again if I could get a great price - if not, the Marriott or others offer a better product.

Not a 4 Star

I sometimes think people are very hard when it comes to reviewing hotels on this site - I often enjoy hotels that people here have very negative things to say about. However the exception must be the Wilshire Grand! The hotel is worthy of all the negative reviews here (and this coming form a very positive person such as myself).

My wife and I spend two nights over easter at the Hotel. The only good thing, as others have pointed out, is the public transport. Easy to get to Hollywood, Chinatown, Union Station etc... (buy a 1 day pass on the metro for $3). Also, the actual beds were fine!

As to the hotel room itself - I would rate it a poor 3 star. The rooms are small, the bathroom is so small as to make it impossible for two normal size people to stand in it at the same time - I have never been in sich a small bathroom!

But the real problem with the hotel is that it is just old and really badly maintained. The walls are dirty, the carpet long past in need of being replaced, electroc sockets literally hanging form the wall - the once white tiles in the bathroom are brown in most places and the lights are all rusted.

Unbelievably Bad

This a flea bag motel dressed up like a 3 or 4 star hotel. I was shocked by the condition of the rooms and the furniture. I acknowledge that I came with high expectations which made my disappointment even more complete. If you want a nice "downtown upscale hotel experience" Do not even consider staying at the Wilshire (No So Grand) Grand Hotel.

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Shamrock80uk

My sister and i stayed in this hotel in march, when we read the reviews on this site we were slightly worried, but we found it to be a very clean very friendly hotel.

The check in staff and actually all the staff were very friendly and polite including the fantastic maids who always had a cheerful good morning when you saw them and did a fantastic job of cleaning our room.

The bathroom's were slightly small but know where near as small as people have written, my sister and i are not small people and we both fit in there.

The only bad things i can say have nothing really to do with the actual hotel, the homeless people are on every street corner not just in downtown but everywhere, they are not scary but very polite but can be a hassle to deal with all the time.

Also everything closes early and there aren't many places to go out to at night but other that we had a fantastic holiday. would recommend going to Santa Monica Lovely place.

Don't be fooled by the other Bad reviews!

I read several review about this hotel and was very skeptical. However, I got a room from Priceline and this was everybit of a 4 star hotel with a few 5 star amenites. The hotel is great for downtown visitors. The lobby and restaurants are excellent. The room furniture is a bit outdated. However, the FREE wireless internet makes up for this in my opinion. The parking is $30 per day, but this includes in/out privileges. (I parked at another building in Century City for 4 hours and it was $22) The parking staff is very professional and if you stay more than one night they will remember you each time you come in and out. There are plenty of shopping and eating areas within waling distance or a cheap cab fare. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and this one was an abosolute 4 star. If your traveling for business I recommend this hotel. If your coming for the tourist attranctions this may be a bit to far from the studios, parks etc. Unfortunately, I think you only get bad reviews for a lot of hotels on this site. So, let me be the one to recommend this hotel and the 4 star rating.

LA is a Winner !

by edwis

"This was our first trip"

to Los Angeles, actually as part of a couple day business trip that I was on. We stayed in downtown LA on Wilshire Blvd. at the Wilshire Grand posh hotel. This place had 2 main entrances with doormen, 4 major restaurants, a spa, clothes shops, bars, pool, etc. Joan was shocked one morning after paying $24.00 for an omelette breakfast.

One night we were taken out to a downtown renovated men’s department store which is now a hot shot dining place. The Cicada features 30-foot ceilings, giant chandelier, a 2nd story loft plush custom-designed bar and lounge. The 1920s Art Deco styled place features sophisticated Northern Italian food. In the patio/garden area was a couple dining with 2 great Dane sized his / her dogs joining them… Very LA.

On our own we found Ciao Trattoria, award winning / Zagat Rated place where we sat at the bar and drank and ate and watched the World Series. The bartender ended up giving me a whole bottle of ‘Super Tuscan’ wine after my first glass, for it seems the previous night there was a big wine tasting event of the Super Tuscans, and she had several left over and she just kept helping me out. We watched the game with a fellow whose firm designed all the League teams’ retro uniforms during the season, and this man knows his baseball. He knew more about teams and players than ESPN.

One day, we took a $130 City Tour on a little shuttle bus. This turned out to be fantastic experience for us. On our bus we had a young couple from Russia, guy from New Zealand, couple from Split Croatia!!!, a few from USA and some Canadian. We also stopped by an airport hotel and picked up a gentleman wearing an all-white linen suit from Pakistan. What a crew. The Paki kept trying to have a conversation with anyone about playing Cricket!.
So the tour starts out showing us the Rodney King intersection; where the ‘Boyz in da Hood’ area is; then comes into La Playa Del Rey, an old unchanged surfer and hippie beach area; goes into Marina Del Rey with 6,000 small boats in the harbor; up to Venice Beach; Santa Monica; Old downtown LA/Mexico Olvera Street; saw the jail where Paris Hilton was in; then up to Hollywood Blvd.; onto Mulholland Drive; Beverly Hills; Bel Air; Rodeo Drive; and Sunset Strip/Sunset Plaza area; we also the saw the club where Paris Hilton was abused at a few years ago. We also saw the celeb restaurant without any sign or indication in a warehouse type setting, just lacey windows and a single plain door, no name, by reservation only and only referred to as “the door on Sunset”. We stopped about 5-6 times along the way which was nice to let us roam around / take photos, or have snacks.

Three different times we came across different movie filming locations with cameras and tents all around. The buffet lunch tent seemed to be the most interesting place. We saw so many celebrities and movie stars homes, and found 3 spots that were full of paparazzi waiting out front for a sighting. Our driver, who was a crazy South American from Peru, told us that when he stops the bus next to the paparazzi, that we all should start taking photos of them. We did and they yelled at us and gave us the finger several times, then we sped off laughing.

The Homes we saw; Jack Nicholson’s with a tennis court on stilts over the canyon, John Travolta’s with 7 stories down a cliff side, Britney Spears current and her new house being upgraded, Wilt Chamberlains (now Ron Howards), Jennifer Lopez, Meg Ryans – every room has a canyon balcony, Julia Roberts, Leonardo DiCaprio – solar hallway, Sally Fields, Jermaine Jacksons, Lucille Balls, Oprahs, and even the restroom where George Michel had his incident…. We actually saw old Charlton Heston walking out his back door onto his patio wearing lounge clothes (pajamas)

Here is what we learned – the LA Times is really a good newspaper.

ross dress for less

by cozzet

i am comming to la in sept and staying at the wilshire grand hotel. Can u please tell me where the nearest ross dress for less store is and how to get there from the hotel

Re: ross dress for less

by goodfish

This map shows you where all of the Ross stores in LA are located.

Re: ross dress for less

by winniekho

You can also get great fashionable clothing from the Fashion District in downtown. More than 50% to 70% discount from the retails price. You just take Dash E (city Bus) for only 35 cents to Fashion District which is just minutes away. You would shop like crazy. Everything is so cheap there. The Fashion District open only from 8am to 5 pm daily.

Comments