Wilshire Plaza Hotel Los Angeles

3515 Wilshire Blvd., (formerly Radisson), Los Angeles, California, 90010, United States
The Line
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Wilshire Plaza Hotel Los Angeles

Rodeo Drive- place to see Actors and Actresses

by machomikemd

Famous (or Infamous Hollywooders) Actors and Actresses Shop here and you might see Leonardo DiCaprio, Britney Spears, Calista Flockhart, Warren Beatty, Val Kilmer, Danny DeVito, Don Johnson, Rod Stewart, Gregory Peck, etc, who are regulars here but they usually shop on Saturdays in the evening. The Beverly Wilshire Hotel has attained legendary status as the site of the 1991 Richard Gere and Julia Roberts flick, “Pretty Woman,” while the Beverly Hills Hotel was the popular “Hotel California” on the Eagles' album cover

2 Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills)

by Erin74

2 Rodeo is a scenic shopping and dining area in Beverly Hills. It's a block-long strip of shops that includes Tiffany & Co, Versace, Badgley Mischka, Jose Eber and restaurants inlcuding McCormick & Schmick's.

At the south end of 2 Rodeo is a lovely water fountain and steps that provide a great photo op and a view of the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Walk up the stairs and down along the little pathway that meanders past various shops. This is a great place to window shop and take some pictures.

If you're hungry, McCormick & Schmick's serves delicious seafood on their outdoor patio or inside in their cozy dining room. You can also see sporting events on the small TVs in their bar.

You can park directly under 2 Rodeo. It's free for 2 hours (although you will want to tip the valet). From here, you can walk to all of the sights in the area.

Hotspot in S. Figueroa, Downtown LA!

by machomikemd about Ciudad Bar

Ciudad is a popular hot spot in the downtown los angeles area. It is just in front of the tony Beverly Wilshire Hotel. It is a combination of Latin American and Spanish Cuisine and lots of drinks. The dishes are bit of Spanish and Latin Fusion, like the Argentinian Empanadas, Bolivian Corn Tamale, Spanish Calamares Fritos, Argentinian Gaucho Steak, Mexican Nachos and lots more. The drinks are plentiful and expensive at $ 8 a pop and include mojitos, cuba libre, Sangria, Carlos Uno Brandies and more!

Hours:
Mon: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Tues: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Wed: 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Thur: 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Fri: 11:30AM - 11:00PM
Sat: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun: 5:00PM - 9:00PM Smart casual, no flip flops or sneakers allowed.

Beverly Hills: Walking, Shopping and Dining

by Erin74

There are several areas of Beverly Hills that are worth exploring: My favorite place to spend time is the shopping area around Beverly Dr. and Rodeo Dr. There is ample, free (for 2 hours) parking in nearby garages, so you’re free to wander the area on foot. Beverly Dr., both north and south of Wilshire Bl., has a series of great shops and restaurants. You’ll find Pottery Barn, Victoria’s Secret, Williams Sonoma, Anthropologie and several familiar retail stores. In addition, there are more unique places like XIV Carats and Auntie Barbara’s Antiques. I recommend a number of restaurants on Beverly Dr: French Country Café, Il Fornaio, The Farm and Chin Chin are all fantastic. Afterward, stop by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for an ice blended. The shops on Rodeo Bl. are more for window-shopping. Ogle the goods at Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston, Prada and Gucci. Be sure to walk through the little plaza at 2 Rodeo (above Tiffany’s). The McCormick & Schmick’s restaurant there is really delicious and a great place to sit outside and people-watch.

Across from Rodeo Dr, check out the gorgeous Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel (which you’ll recognize from the movie “Pretty Woman”). Walk a little further west and you’ll run into Barney’s New York (home to the excellent restaurant Barney Greengrass) and Saks Fifth Avenue (where Winona Ryder was arrested for shoplifting). Further west still, you’ll find Bridal Images, an elegant bridal salon and finally, at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvd., CAA (the talent agency that represents many of the most famous actors in Hollywood). Check out the enormous Lichtenstein painting in the lobby.

For a good photo op, you’ll find the “Welcome to Beverly Hills” sign at the intersection of Santa Monica Bl. and Doheny. Continue west on Santa Monica Bl. and you’ll see the lovely Beverly Hills Presbyterian and Church of the Good Shepherd (where many notables attend church and where Frank Sinatra’s funeral was recently held).

Fresh

I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The bus station and the subway was right in front of the hotel. Great Korean food and shopping. There are many bars and clubs in the area. Great place to hang out with friends.

Good.

by TripAdvisor Member alexandria

A nice hotel, clean enough with comfortable bed. My room had a view of the mountains with the Hollywood sign.
The surrounding neighborhood is Asian. 80% of signs written in Korean and only 20% people speaking English.
The consierge was NOT helpful or friendly. The rest of the staff was very pleasant including front desk and barista at hotel's coffee shop.
I would stay here again only if I got a bargain. Otherwise take it or leave it. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

Loved the Radisson!

We stayed in the Radisson for 5 nights with two small children and we liked it very much. Good, clean room with a wonderful view over the city and the mountains of Hollywood. The cildren could swimm in the pool, but the water was a little bit too cold for them. We loved the Japanese restaurant. Very friendly staff and a very good service.

Very nice

We spent 8 nights in LA, and spent the first 4 at a much cheaper hotel (which was fine) but this was a definite upgrade.

My wife and I found the hotel to be very professional, and we were well looked after.

THere had been a misunderstanding with our booking, and we were given a room with 2 beds for our first night, as they had no king rooms available. but we were told that we could change rooms the following day.

THe valet parking were very efficient and left you feeling valued, which is good because it cost $28 per night which adds a hefty amount onto your bill.

Our room was spacious and had a wonderful view through enormous windows out to the mountiains, and we could wee the famous HOllywood sign. It was also very quiet. THe bathroom was quite large and very clean. We were very comfortable, and the beds were both big enough for 2 so we didn't mind the setup.

We looked at a supposedly superior room the following day, but decided to stay where we were as the other room, which although bigger, was at the fron and much noisier.

We had no problems whatsoever during our stay. The complimentary water was a nice touch, but we did miss having a fridge in the room.

THe only reason I would hesitate to visit again would be the parking rates (although on this occasion we were only charged for 3 nights instead of 4!)

THe location was fine, perfectly safe, with numerous eating places nearby (mainly fast food). We went out on the underground for the day to HOllywood, which was easy as the station is just across the street. The hotel is also quite well situated for accessing the coast.

I would recommend the hotel, but would suggest getting a room at the back both for the view and the quietness.

Stay away from this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ABLDWL

We were very unhappy with this hotel! It looks nice from the outside and the lobby is great, but the rooms are dated and small! They were clean however! That was really not the issue for us, our problem is the lowest that you could set the air conditioning was 75 degrees! This was set for the entire property, and it did not matter if you wanted it cooler you bascially had no choice. We complained a few times, and they sent the maintance person up, and he said that he would turn the heat off (whatever that meant) whatever he did did not help, they offered to change us to other rooms, but we checked them out and they were not any cooler. They then said that we could open a window! I do not pay over $100.00 per night to open a window! I thought that was very rude, and lousy customer service! We continued to complain, and they started acting rudely. Eventually they told us that it was set like that and no other room would be cooler, it would have been nice to tell us that in the first place! They told us that we were the first to complain of this (I find that hard to believe). We checked out at that point and went to another hotel. We did not spend one night in this hotel. We have traveled around many times and have never encountered a hotel room that you could not adjust your own thermostat. I WOULD STEER CLEAR OF THIS HOTEL! Also we found out later that it was not in a good neighborhood! I would suggest paying a little extra and staying someplace nicer.

Good value for business travelers

I stayed at this hotel for 2 ½ weeks on business. My guest room was clean & comfortable (sleep number bed) with the exception of a large stain on the carpeting. Room rate included breakfast buffet which is served in a guest room on the 11th floor. Hotel is convenient to Metro bus stop (right outside), and subway station (across the street). There is a very small pool on the roof above the lobby, but it’s in the shade most of the day because of office towers across the street. I didn’t try the restaurants or room service, but instead opted to eat in Korea town. There’s also a Ralph’s grocery a few blocks away. The only negative happened during check-in when another guest at the counter made the mistake of complaining about the valet parking fees (the only option if you park at the hotel). The man checking me in very curtly explained to him that parking was just like in downtown LA. They must get a lot of flack about parking, so I wouldn’t recommend forcing the issue.

The hotel clearly caters to business people, as it’s located in a business district on Wilshire Blvd/Korea town. It’s within driving distance of Beverly Hills and Hollywood for sight-seeing. It’s a little far from the beach or Universal City, but do-able. Great view of the Hollywood hills, if it’s not too smoggy.

hotel

by randazzo

Hello,

I´m booking the hotel to my vacation in december, I´d chosen the WILSHIRE PLAZA HOTEL because of his location near the subway and the possibility of using the public transportation.

Do you think I´d made the right choice? or do you suggest a diferent hotel ?

thanks in advance

by Odinnthor

For the purpose of using the subway to connect with Downtown, and Hollywood, it is a good location. Any additional information on El Aye, let me know......d:o)

by silly659

Yeah I would say it depends on what you're planning on doing, hollywood and downtown are more accessible but that's about it. As far as the beaches they are all on the west side and don't have access by the metro. So if you want do more beachy stuff I would stay more on the westside where you can take buses or rent a car.

=D D

by randazzo

Hello

I´m planning sightseeing in LA and go to Santa Monica by Big Blue bus and San Diego because of the weather I´m not pallnign spend time on the beach

by silly659

OH yes I forgot it was December, but with Cali (esp LA) you never know what kind of weather you'll get in December, tehre are many nice days occasionaly, just depends on your luck. Yeah the hotel area you chose sounds good. That way if you wanted you could take the train from Union station to San Diego if you wanted, and you can defintely take the blue bus to Venice/Santa Monica.

Have fun!