Days Inn Lost Hills

14684 Aloma Street, I-5 Exit Hwy. 46, Lost Hills, California, 93249, United States
Expedia.com DaysInn.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Lost Hills

Don’t get Lost at Lost HillsDon’t get Lost at Lost Hills

On the Road at Lost HillsOn the Road at Lost Hills

Travel Tips for Lost Hills

A Different Site

by SteveOSF

Having started our journey from Northern California, we began the day’s travels on the coast then passed through vast amounts of farmland. After that beginning, the sight of the countless rotating pumps of the oil wells appeared surreal. Like a dream, this seemingly endless assortment of machinery appeared suddenly along the road and vanished almost as fast.

With so may wells concentrated so tightly together, one wonders if they are not all drinking out of the same underground reservoir. Even if oil is located at a few different elevations, and some rock formations offer separation between reservoirs at the same level, it would seem a bit of overkill may be going on here. I wonder if so many wells penetrating the earth at the same spot are really beneficial.

Comments