3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• rjweber21's Profile Photo

Solid Value. Solid Service.

I stayed here in May 2008 with my 3 year old daughter on our first (of hopefully many) "Father - Daughter weekends." I have driven by this place many times and never thought that much about it. When I go to the mountains, I typcially like to stay off of the main roads, maybe in a cabin, or a condo close to the lodge. This is the first time I have stayed at a hotel in Mammoth that is 5 miles away from the main lodge.

I honestly thought I was going to hate it, but the $110 a night price was right, and I figured my daughter wasn't going to care. I don't know if it was because my expectations were so low (I don't think this was the case), but I was VERY impressed with the Mammoth Creek Inn. The staff was very friendly. The location was convenient - there was a creek just across the street, and a great little playground for the kids. After a couple hours of skiing, and an hour or so at the playground, my daughter had no problem taking a nap. This Inn also backs up to the National Forrest, and in May there were some nice dirt roads for a little 4wd excursion - kind of random, but we drove into the forrest a couple miles, and it was pretty cool.

Unique Quality: This place also has a sauna and a hot tub (I think), although I never actually used them. Another, great little feature is that have breakfast included (oatmeal, bagels, juice, etc.). We ate oatmeal, and then made peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for lunch...which were perfect for when we got off of the mountain.

If you prefer a larger breakfast there is a great spot directly across the street (I think it's called "The Stovetop"). You can also walk to Shogun Sushi, Roberto's, Chart House, etc. for dinner.

Directions: When driving into town take a right on Old Mammoth Road, and follow it for a mile until it starts to veer right. The Mammoth Creek Inn will be on your left. If you've hit the driving range, you've gone to far.

Comments