1 Minaret Rd, Box 353, Mammoth Lakes, California, 93546, United States

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• sacking's Profile Photo

Great Place for Summer Hiking or Mt Biking

I had a wonderful time here. I stayed in the West Annex. There's also East Annex, Main Hotel and Yoddle Haus. Room was nice. Recently remodeled. Bed comfortable and bathroom was fine. Staff was friendly and very accomodating. I arrived early Friday, around 10am, and they checked me into my room no problem. Covered parking under the Annex Buildings would be nice in winter. It's convenient but unnecessary in summer. Three indoor jauzzi as well as outdoor pool.
    I loved it cause it was easy access to hiking trails right threre at the Inn as well as the loading area for the shuttle to Devil's Post Pile National Monument. Shops for hiking / biking stuff right there. Just a short drive downhill to Village at Mammoth Lakes that has numerous resturants and shops.

Unique Quality: Sleeping at 9,000 feet elevation is cool.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Winter time!

The Mammoth Mountain Inn is a nice place to stay. Great pace, beacuase we woke up on the mountain itself and that of course is very unique. The hotel room is recently remodeled in craftsman style and the Inn is comprised of three buildings: Main, East-West and the Yodler Haus.

We stayed in the Yodler Hause and had a good stay.

Unique Quality: The unique thing about this Inn is the fact that right in the middle of the summer (or even autumn) we immedaitely had the feeling that we were here during the winter time. Ther was very little snow, but felt at home in the winter wonderland!

Directions: Continue on Minaret Rd. toward Main Lodge for about four miles until you reach the Main Lodge parking lot area.

• AceMan's Profile Photo

If you Must Stay in a Lodge

If you can't stay in Meadowridge, then the Mammoth Mountain Inn is the next Best Place!

Unique Quality: Very Rustic and direct access to the lifts. Plenty of Mountain Resort Atmosphere!

Directions: Main Lodge area

More about Mammoth Mountain Inn

Had A Great Stay at Mammoth Mountain Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member CMLOSANGELES

We were a group of about five families who stayed here for four nights. It was all our first time to stay at this hotel and the experience is something we would definitely repeat again! We stayed at the rooms with the bedroom lofts and full kitchens at the East side of the building. It was very spacious and airy inside, and most impressive to us was their very comfortable beds, pillows and clean linen. Some of us have allergies but the beddings gave us no problems at all, unlike other hotels we've stayed in. The kitchens were very well-equipped and stocked with kitchenware including all dinnerware and even linen napkins! The bathroom toiletries supplied was not the cheap kind at all. I don't know if it's because summertime is a low season for the area or what, but the hotel was kept very clean and the Housekeeping staff provided all our needs, even without us asking for it. We have to commend Housekeeping staff by the way, they were very honest - wouldn't even take the "tip" we left in our rooms, we had to actually tell them to take it! We went mountain biking there (enjoyed it so much!) and put our bikes in storage (for free) with their bellhop when we had to drive our vehicles out. We utilized their hot tubs and swimming pools a number of times and enjoyed it a lot. One last and exciting thing. After our many visits to most of our countrys' National Parks, guess where we saw bears EVERY NIGHT? Right, the bears came consistently every night into the parking lot which had an opening situated just beside the woods. We saw a mother bear and two cubs, and a larger (maybe dad) bear another time. Of course we practiced safety at all times, and did not bother the bears in any way at all. We were always behind the parking lots' heavy doors just taking pictures and viewing the bears through the small glass area. The bears would leave and head for the woods after a few minutes. It was a real great experience for all of us to stay at this wonderful place and we will definitely come back here again!

Great location, great price

by TripAdvisor Member MrsBarno

We stayed in the Mammoth Mountain Inn for four nights during our honeymoon in July. It was everything we expected it to be. Great location for the mountain itself and for sightseeing around the area. The hotel was clean and the room was pretty standard but clean. We booked a Junior Suite in the main lodge, which was a bargain, but was more of a large room than a suite. The service was good, particularly in the bar and restaurant, and the food was some of the best we had had on holiday. The decor in the main building and lobby was a real surprise, we especially liked the chandeliers!! Good touring spot for the Devil's postpile, Mono lake (kayaking), Bodie state historic park and the hot creek geological site. Mammoth Lakes itself was disappointing in terms of shopping, but if you're there for mountain biking you'd have no complaints. Great value for money, but don't expect anything that will set the world alight.

Very Friendly Staff, Great Arrangement

by TripAdvisor Member fergusonjjec

We stayed at the Mammoth Mountain Inn after searching other alternatives in the area. This resort was just slightly more than the hotels in town so I thought I would take the chance. It paid off. Great to be based at the bottom of the slopes. Restaurant was good, but pricey. Rooms are older but they really have been kept up to date with wallpaper and amenities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. First time here and LOVED all the crazy snow! Lots of people that we skiied/rode up with ski California regularly and highly recommended this resort over the Tahoe resorts as the snow is "always much better." Just be prepared for a long drive which can get challenging. We're from Michigan and used to snow driving, but you can tell many people that come up this mountain are not and it slows the driving process down in the name of safety. If you're renting a car be SURE TO RENT A 4 WHEEL DRIVE or you will have to have chains put on your tires. This was recommended to us and it really paid off!

Great Place for Summer Fun too

by TripAdvisor Member sacking

Visited Mammoth Mountain Inn just before July 4th holiday. I had a great time and the resort was a wonderful place to stay. I read previous reviews and was concerned, but found that the current situation at MMI is much better than is being reflected in other reviews. Now maybe cause I was there in summer, and others are there for winter skiing.

I arrived around 10am on Friday, and I was able to check right into my room. No waiting and no problems with not getting the right room as mentioned in other reviews. I did ask for an upper room, and was given a room on the 3rd floor of the West Annex. Room was nice with two queen beds, standard furnishings and I had no problems with the bathroom. Covered parking is right there, and elevators and stairs are there to take you to your room.

Restaurants personnel were helpful and friendly. Food was good, though I did go down to the Village more than eat at the MMI. It's an easy 5 min drive down to the Village. I liked being able to go back up the mountain and sleep at 9,000 feet.

Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. There are special deals and rates available on their website
[--]

Lots of people go there for mountain biking as they've developed quite the mountain bike resort. Stores for renting bikes, buying supplies or whatever you need are right there, and again, fully staffed and very helpful.

There are also quite a few hiking trails in the area, with easy access to Devil's Postpile, John Muir Wilderness Area, and hiking trails all around the Mammoth Lakes area. I went hiking all four days I was there, and it was wonderful, challenging, and visually impressive.

At Mammoth Mountain Inn, there are hiking trails as well as mountain bike trails. I hiked up the mountain, and took the gondola down. It's a 5 mile hike with an elevation gain of over 2,000 feet. The top of the mountain is over 11,000 feet. Great views and it's great to exert the effort to climb the mountain and know that the gondola is there to take you down. Many mountain bikers take the gondola up with their bike and ride down. I'm sure it's a great ride.

As mentioned in other reviews, there are numerous jacuzzi and an outdoor pool. Annex also had laundry room, though I didn't have a need to use it.

I wouldn't hesitate to book there again when I'm in the area. It's a short drive up to Mono Lake or to other interesting locations.

Ringside at the Snowy Abyss

by TripAdvisor Member BroosterNZ

The Grand Old Dame of Mammoth is something of a faded rose.. Great bones and real class but her wardrobe could probably do with a bit of a rev up.. The other way you could look at it is that it has a real functional no-nonsense proper ski facility in the slightly more rugged alpine tradition. Who cares when you have plenty of space in such an awesome location? Large rooms but the room decor becoming a little tired... not so the lobby and restaurants though which were great. While I wouldnt recommend it for a romantic getaway its still fairly presentable, especially for say a ski trip for a more active mountain orientated couple, threesome or foursome hell bent on making the most of the slopes day after day and if thats your thing then this venue is perfect - We would lie in bed looking out at the awesome lower slopes, knowing that the lower gondola is only 80m away.. tired? pop home for a snack and an hours sleep or a shower before hitting it again.. pick up the camera, drop extra clothes off.. nothings a hassle @ the MMI. Yes its a 10mins to town in either the car or the very regular connecting bus service.. so if you can ignore the charms of the the MMI's gorgeous bar gal that works in the main upstairs bar, you can hit the town instead.. Reckon that if you want to hit a different restaurant and pub crawl it every night you may prefer the town but even then it would be a tough call.. If I could go somewhere very cheap then I might look around otherwise it would be the MMI I reckon. Summary: Legendary snow orientated venue with outstanding basics but not for show ponies. Enjoy.

Mammoth Mountain Inn at Mammoth Lakes

by sacking

"Hike up Mountain, Ride Down in Gondola!"

Mammoth Mountain Inn is at 9,000 feet elevation. It's more popular as a ski resort in the wintertime. In the summer, they transform themselves in a hiking / mountain biking resort that's very popular, but uncrowded enough to feel like a great getaway from the crowds place to stay. They obviously close down the ski lifts in the summer, but continue to operate the gondola which goes to the top of the mountain, over 11,000 feet elevation. Mountain bikers ride up the gondola and ride their bikes down. Hikers have the option of doing same, or hiking up mountain, and riding gondola down. This is what I did on my first day there, and it was great. Lots of effort to hike 5 miles of hiking trail, gaining over 2,000 feet in elevation. But the nice thing is that the gondola is there to take you down.

"Beautiful views from over 10,000 feet"

The Venerable Mammoth Mountain InnThe Venerable Mammoth Mountain Inn

Hotel in Mammoth Lakes

by slimandthe

Hi.

Can you help??

I'm looking for a hotel for 2 adults and 3 childred for 1 night.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Re: Hotel in Mammoth Lakes

by karenincalifornia

Most people with that size of group stay in condos - there are not a lot of hotels to choose from. But you could try Mammoth Mountain Inn, which is a hotel. Or, here is a link to other options.

(Hope it works). We stayed in a lot of different places at Mammoth, got pretty picky, because some places need reburfishment, quite honestly. We finally settled on Snow Creek as our favorite - condos that are not right at the ski resort, and require a car to get to the main town area, but not too far.

Re: Re: Hotel in Mammoth Lakes

by slimandthe

Many thanks.

I'll give it a try.

Cheers.

Re: Hotel in Mammoth Lakes

by Richmond

If you care for a slightly more natural setting near the cross country ski trails you might consider the Tamarack area and arrange to stay in one of thier cabins.

Tamarack has 11 lodge rooms and 29 cabins. Sizes range from one bed, shared bath lodge rooms to three bedroom cabins.

---> http://www.tamaracklodge.com/lodging