3295 Dunes Rd, Marina, CA 93933
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Marina Dunes Resort

What a disappointment!!

We decided to stay at this "resort" based on previous TripAdivsor reviews as well as the Marina Dunes Resort website. Both were very misleading. Our room was littered with carpet stains. There were holes in the floor boards and loose bathroom fixtures. While the conceirge was a nice person, it took him over two hours to bring us a requested pillow. We ended up leaving a night early and staying at a Hyatt.
Needless to say, we will not be returning to this "resort".

Very relaxing

Marina Dunes Resort is a great get-away-from-it-all hotel. We stayed in a jr. suite overlooking the beach. The rooms are beautifully decorated in neutral colors which compliment the view of the dunes. The suites have leather couches, gas fireplace, wet bar, desk and 2 TVs. They also provide a coffee pot, mini refridgerator, iron & ironing board, and flashlight for exploring the dunes at night. The king size bed had luxurious bedding with down comforters. The sheets were so soft, listening to the waves, it was the best night of sleep I've had in quite awhile. The deck off the room had two lounge chairs & a couple chairs for sunning. This resort does give you a golf cart to drive which was kind of fun. They have fantastic service here, although I do not think the regular price of these rooms at $200-$300 is worth it. If you want ice you have to call the front desk & they bring it to you. I thought it was a little ridiculous, but maybe they are trying to keep down on the noise. The once complimentary continental breakfast now costs $10. For $10 you can have a great breakfast in nearby Monterey or Carmel. The soap & shampoo was very generic. I have stayed at much more inexpensive hotels with luxury soaps, lotions & shampoos. I feel for the high prices, they can throw in nicer soap, etc. and give you a muffin & juice. I read some prior reviewers complain about the loud neighbors, however I feel this was probably the quietest place I've ever stayed at. If you want to stay at a quieter, more relaxing hotel away from the hustle & bustle of Monterey & Carmel this is a great place. I would definately stay here again if I found a great internet or package rate.

Great place to hear the Pacific

by TripAdvisor Member EJLoPresti

Stayed at the Marina Dunes Oct. 2003. What an unexpected pleasure.
Driving up, I had my doubts, but what a wnderful property! When they gave us the keys to a golfcart for the week to get to our cottage, I thought where have we booked??? I am a former concierge for a 5 star property... Little cottages on the dunes above the "CRASHING' surf.
Even though you see the water from your room, walking over the dunes provides a view that is breathtaking and completely unexpected. As far as the eye can see in a natural coastline that is spectacular. The staff was extremely helpful, the spa services where top shelf & the fireplace in your room is very romantic. We will definitely return!!

Great Place

This is a great place, very romantic and peaceful. The setting is beautiful. Whether it's worth top dollar rates ($300+) during peak season is questionable, though I would consider that questionable at almost any place, and given the internet and other tools, the savy consumer should always be able to find a deal. Our room was very comfortable and clean, and while beautifully appointed, it thankfully lacked that cutsie-wootsie, flowery Laura Ashley look that I have grown tired of at a lot of inns. Also the young people working there were very helpful and enthusiastic. It was just a great place for a weekend get-a-way.

Comments