3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 138% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Express Marina Del Rey/Venice Area

A good choice

by TripAdvisor Member CoolhandLuke1

A good choice of hotel. Rooms are big, clean and modern. There's a nice jacuzzi on the second floor which we used.
It is in a good location for the marina and Venice Beach is about a 20 min walk away.
Near some decent restaurants on Washington Boulevard.

One small gripe, staff at reception desk while friendly, seemed unwilljng to go that extra mile that would get three ticks.
Some of the young blokes seemed to be more concerned with chatting up anyone of the blonde female guests and when we needed a big favour to print off LA tour confirmationemail, they informed us we could not use their system to do so, despite us getting the feeling that it could be done, and it would just take a little effort to help us out.
But generally, they were friendly, and the hotel is excellent for an affordable price. Recommended.

Amazing, Great, Excellent

This hotel is excellent. I would stay here again anytime. There's free parking, great customer service, and wireless internet. Also, the rooms are very nice; room is very clean and even has a small living room area. You get a lot more than what you pay for! I definitely recommend this hotel.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Connie41

We were only staying one night in LA after a fifteen hour straight flight from Australia, and wasn't really too fussed where to stay as long as I could see Venice beach, so we booked here because of the good reviews, and we were not disappointed.

We arrived at the hotel at 10.00 am and thought we would have to wait a while for check in, and they said they could get us in straight away if we took a smoking room (my husband does not smoke). They gave us a key to check it out, but alas, it was a bit too smokey for my husbands liking, so we went back down to hand back the key, and Rana (I think that was his name!), said they just had another room come available and we would be very happy with it (turned out it was a suite!!!) and yes, we were very happy with it!

After getting a few hours sleep, we walked down to Venice beach and had a look around and had dinner down there. We arrived back at the room around 9.00 and found the room a tad stuffy (I think it is the air freshner they use), and as it was a nice evening, we left the door to the room open (and felt quite safe doing so). One of the staff walked by and asked if everything was alright - we assured him it was - just getting some fresh air.

We found that the staff could not have been more accommodating - the room was nice and spacious, there was even a small pool to take a quick dip which I took advantage of, and the property was only a ten minute walk down to the beach.

If you are just off the plane and want a convenient and clean place to stay, don't look any further.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member vadougie

I stayed here the night I arrived in LA from UK and the 2 nights prior to returning. It is an easy drive to and from the airport. I booked an executive room online for about $10 a night extra and the room was very spacious with a sitting area seperate from the main bedroom. Free parking. Pool very small. Free continental breakfast.Approx 15 min walk to Venice Beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs accomodation near to LAX.

There's a Small Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Upgrade1

Have spent 9 nights in the past 3 months while visiting a family member at UCLA Medical Center.
I'm a world traveler and have stayed at some of the finest 5 Star locations.
This little charming hotel feels like home. The fact that it's called a Holiday Inn Express only enhances the feeling of having found a "secret place" within this huge Metropolis.
The staff is outstanding, and when I go to the garage for my car, which I park in the back across from the laundry, the music and joy of that area has been sweet.
The breakfast room is an International Happening.
Have stayed in the same Mini Suite on all my visits, and I smile when I walk in.
Hope that this review doesn't raise the rates!

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member kbb911

My wife and I just returned from spending 3 nights here. The staff was very friendly and courteous and paid attention to every detail. The room was clean and a fair size. The indoor parking was great and the elevator was quick to the 2nd floor. Its about a mile to the beach but there is a small plaza with a pizza shop and Chinese Restaurant within walking distance. The morning breakfast was one of the better ones with all the choices. The price was fair for this time of year. Its obvious why the Holiday Inn Express gets such good reviews

Nice, but noisy

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Marina del Rey last month. Although the hotel was attractive for a chain, the walls were so thin that I could hear the people in the next room cough, talk and almost breath. I would not recommend this hotel for light sleepers. Too bad, because the room is spacious and laid out in a non-hotel way. Location is good, but absolutely do not stay here if you need a good night's sleep.

great value, near Venice Beach

by TripAdvisor Member NY1mom

We stayed here (with 9-year-old) on Feb. 25-26. This hotel is reasonably priced, within walking distance to Venice Beach and Marina Del Rey, and a short walk or drive to some nice seafood restaurants. A nice continental breakfast was included, staff was friendly. Neighborhood nondescript but safe. Would definitely stay here again!

Reasonbly-Priced Comfortable L.A. Lodging

by TripAdvisor Member BBerger

Using TripAdvisor, I had shopped for a hotel convenient to Marina del Rey and Santa Monica. The Holiday Inn Express in Marina del Rey seemed like the best quality for under $150. We paid an average of $125 per night for 2 nights. The free indoor parking was very convenient. The room was quite adequate in size with relatively modern bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The hotel has an outdoor jacuzzi and provides robes. No breakfast is offered, but there are adequate breakfast resources in the immediate neighborhood, and the room has a coffee brewer, refrigerator and microwave. I would likely stay there again.

Comments