13534 Bali Way, Marina del Rey, California, 90292, United States
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 160% more and rated 19% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Marina Del Rey Hotel

This place it a total joke - avoid at all costs!!!

I have used this place twice now to put up people on bahalf of my NY-based company and it has been disasterous both times. Things are obviously extremely disorganized over there. The staff is nothing but rude, and the manager, who promises to take care of things, does nothing. The credit authorization form they require when someone other then the guest is paying for the room is meaningless - the guest will STILL be asked to produce a credit card! My most recent experience with the Marina Del Rey Hotel: despite a confirmation from the manager on the same day (today) of the the guest's arrival that the necessary credit authorization form was on file, the guest, upon check in, was asked for a credit card to pay for the room! I will never, ever stay at this hotel myself, nor will I ever put another person up there. The place is a complete and utter joke.

Marin del Rey - Disaster!!!!

Although we had booked our rooms 6 months earlier (which should have been 2 double beds on the third floor - no smoking), when we arrived we were given a ground floor, one bed smoking room. When we asked where the 2 kids were supposed to sleep the very miserable and disinterested receptionist said nothing and shrugged her shoulders. After arguing for over an hour we were eventually given a 2nd floor room which smelt very strange, was shabby(sticky carpets) and old decour. As there was a large group of us (12)in all we had to stay at this hotel. The majority of the staff were very rude and ignorant (the breakfast staff being the only nice people working there). They advertise a non-existent cocktail lounge. The bar should be open untill 12 but we were kicked out at 10.15 about 4 nights. The barman took it upon himself whether or not to accept travellers cheques or not (sometimes yes, sometimes no). Never a smile crossed the faces of most of the staff, especially a young girl on reception and most of the bar staff. They had no people skills and were totally disinterested in trying to make it an enjoyable stay. Everybody we spoke to thought exactly the same. Don't waste your money.Nice location - BAD HOTEL!

Beautiful view, ugly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sandih

It took me 2 tries to book a room. The first try I hung up because the woman at the hotel, taking my information, was so rude. I should have stopeed while I was ahead. The hotel's decor is a throw back from the late 70's and is very tired and worn. We had bright green indoor-outdoor carpet on our balcony and very stale pretzels at the bar. I couldn't believe that the hotel could stay in business seeing the prime real estate it occupies.

The view of the marina, however, is beautiful.

A Joke of a hotel!

I should have known better when I tried to reserve our room and the person told me to call back because the reservationist was on lunch - no offer of a call back. When we checked in our phone didn't work, the sliding door on our ground floor room didn't lock, and the glass shelf in the bathroom was jagged and broken. I won't bore you with all of the other problems during our 3 day stay. If the front desk staff had a better attitude about all of my issues, instead of acting as if I were a HUGE inconvenience to them I might be more positive, but they gave me attitude at every time I went near them. I work in a hotel - it's not that hard to be friendly and helpful!

Horrid Experience

Attended wedding at hotel and felt horrible for the couple because the staff was soooooo terrible. Everything from the entree to the table numbers was wrong. The hotel staff is rude and rooms are not very nice. Avoid this property.

Wedding Disaster

Attended a wedding at this hotel and it was a horrible experience. The hotel staff "misplaced" the unity candle, threw away the cake serving set box, didn't serve the correct dinner and the wedding coordinator was a buffoon. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the view!

not as bad as some reviews

by TripAdvisor Member SallySAW

Some views give this hotel a bad time. Well we were concerned. The hotel could do with a bit of TLC (like making sure all the bulbs work on the sign and trees and the odd new carpet) but that didnt spoil our time there. The floors are wooden so make sure you get a top floor. We found the reception staff helpful. You will need a car. I cant say about the resturant or bar as we didnt use them.

This Hotel is a Joke

My husband and I do quite a bit of traveling and never have I run into such bad customer service as the one the hotel front desk provided. Never once did they smile! We were very unhappy with our room. The stained carpet dirty walls etc... We were promised a new room the following night by the manager. When we asked for the number to our new room, another girl working at the front counter said the manager wasn't available and she was holding a few rooms for people she knew!!! So we did not get a new room!! The next morning I was really upset when I looked in the mirror and saw what appeared to be spider bites on my face!!!! Please do not waste your money in this Hotel, it should actually be a motel!!!

This hotel was well worn and our non-smoking room stank of stale smoke.

The hotel was well worn and our non-smoking room stank of stale smoke. The bathroom was roomy and clean but the bedroom needed a re-fit badly! It was certainly well worn and all the furnishings ie bedspread, curtains, couch and carpet had a stale horrible smell to them. Thank god we had a marina view to let some light in, as the colours in the room were dark and oppressive. We found the staff to be quite friendly, but only used the hotel as a base, preferring to eat outside. We most definitely would not stay here again, which is a shame because it has endless possibilities.

Comments