4100 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, California, 90292, United States

Marriott.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Luxury overlooking the Marina

I stayed for a week at this hotel. Even though I am a big Marriott fan and almost always choose their brand hotels, I found this one a bit quiet and boring for my expectactions. It is certainly neat, clean, comfortable and with excellent service as most Marriott Hotels but I found little to do at the hotel. I expected more of a resort hotel given the location but, perhaps, it is more oriented to business travellers.

Unique Quality: The view of the Marina is incredible. The location is great too, close to all the restaurants, night life and a few blocks from the funtastic Venice Beach.

More about Marriott Marina del Rey

Romatic "Glow" at the Marriott

by marinagal about Glow at the Marina del Rey Marriott

Get romantic at the "Glow" bar in the Marina Marriott Hotel. This gathering spot is outdoors under the stars, with cozy patio seating, semi-private areas and features little romatic cabanas that you can reserve for your romantic evening -- or an evening out with the girls or guys.

The whole area is lit by a large fireplace and soft, glowing candles. Any season is right as there are outdoor heaters to keep the winter chill at bay, and of course, the Marina breezes to cool the summer nights. Order your drinks and an appetizer and enjoy the comfortable seating outdoor. Several nights a week -- almost always on the weekends -- there is live entertainment to help you while away the evening. Dressy causual -- it is the Marina, afterall!

Excellent for a Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member fishfry45

I stayed at the Marriott Marina del Rey for two nights over New Year's Eve/weekend and was very impressed. The service was better than average and I really liked the hotel ambiance. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are super luscious and comfortable. There's a great bar in the lobby and lots of relaxed seating inside and out. The hotel also offers free gourmet coffee in the early a.m. and delicious fruit infused water for the remainder of the day, also in the lobby. Just a little something extra that makes it that much more pleasant!

great place near the ocean and the airport

by TripAdvisor Member rhkfreespirit

Whenever I have to stay near LAX in LA for a night or two, I tend to stay at the Marriott Marina del Rey which is about 15 minutes from the airport. It has been renovated not too long ago and the hotel looks new, clean and very sophisticated....a great business hotel. It is located a short walk to Venice Beach and is on the Marina so if you have a view, it makes you feel like you are truly on the west coast rather than just being in another hotel in the US. They have small "standing" terraces so you can open the sliding doors and actually lean on the balcony which is nice. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Marina del Rey and this hotel is actually nicer! The rooms are more spacious and airy.

All in all, it makes the business stay a bit nicer to be near water without a lot of families and children running through the lobby or hanging out at the pool.

Valet Issues

I recently stayed at the Marina Del Rey Marriott, where the accommodations were adequate, however, I am concerned about their Valet company. During my stay, I left my car with the Valet. While the car was in the Valet's possession, it was damaged, both in the front and the rear. I immediately notified the Valet Parking Manager, who assured me that he would contact me the following day, after contacting his insurance claims adjuster. After leaving several voicemails, I still had not received a returned call from the Parking Manager, to update me on the status of my claim. I left voicemails without response until I left the country for a vacation. When I returned, I had received a letter from the Valet Company denying any responsibility for the damage on my vehicle.

I am extremely concerned about their Valet company not taking responsibility for their actions. I would caution anyone who is inclined to leave their vehcle with the Valet company to leave your keys with the Valet service at your own risk. I am continuing to pursue this matter until it is satisfactorily resolved.

Good Service - Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gallrick

We had no reservation we just turned up and a Friday Afternoon and asked for 2 nights. They managed to find a room for us which although it overlooked "Washington Ave", I think we could still see the Ocean and the Sun Set from the Balcony. The room was lovely, valet parking was great and bellboy service was also very good. The bed was just heaven, so comfortable. This was the 11th hotel in just over 3 weeks and I think this was the most comfortable bed, not saying the others weren't comfortable. The pool was a bit small, but we weren't there for the pool. It did take 30minutes however to get someone to take an order for food by the pool. We found the staff to be friendy and also very helpful if we wanted information on how to get somewhere. Also the concierge was most helpful getting us tickets to Neil Diamond on the Saturday night, which I must add was brilliant. It made the last two nights of our holiday so relaxing to stay at the Marriott.

Lovely Hotel

Booked this hotel through Priceline with 2 other friends, we were initially disappointed we got Marina Del Rey and not Santa Monica, but once we saw the hotel we loved it. Room was a good size, with good facilities. Area is a bit far from where we'd have liked to be (stayed at Holiday Inn on Santa Monica on way back - much better location) but as you need a car to get anywhere in LA it wasn't an issue. Overall nice hotel, even better if you don't pay the full price! Friendly, helpful staff, a fantastic bagel shop near the hotel which we went to every day!

Nice hotel, Nice location

by TripAdvisor Member BeachDog101

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Cool feel to lobby area. Comfy beds, clean rooms. Got room on a high floor which gave a beach view. Venice Beach is about a 5 minute walk down a busy street. Venice canals (peaceful walk) are across the street. Close to LAX and Santa Monica

Good choice

by TripAdvisor Member mf4516

My family (including kids) stayed here for 3 nights during an LA vacation. The rooms were nicely-sized, the beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were well-appointed. Everything was very clean and the staff were very nice and polite. I liked the lobby a lot and wished that I had had time to hang out there and have a drink. Venice beach is a 5-minute walk away and Santa Monica a longer walk up Venice beach or else a 5-minute drive. While staying there, go to see the old Santa Monica pier, which feels like something out of the past (they have an informative web site). We picked this hotel because somebody had said it was close to Universal but it is still a 30-min drive away. It is however VERY convenient to the airport without being near enough to hear the planes (15 minute drive up Lincoln). Internet is not free and parking is expensive.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member 2ndact

We stayed for 9 nights at the Marriott Courtyard in April. Our stay could not have been better. The room was clean, the staff (from maintenance to the manager) were VERY helpful. The pool and hot tub were a pleasant treat at the end of the day. The location was walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I walked to the bagel shop (more than one) and Starbucks daily. They also had bikes to rent & the bike path is across the street (a bit clumsy since you go through a parking lot) which you can travel for miles on the beach. I needed a lot of assistance with directions since I managed to get lost everytime we left the hotel. The manager is aslo a passionate surfer and provided great beach tips to my 16 year old. The bus line is convenient but will take you twice as long as a car ride. A tour can be scheduled at the front desk with LA Tour's and bus picks-up in front of the hotel. While the area does not offer the entertainment of Santa Monica it is a lovely place to stay. I reserved the room on Priceline.

Comments