327 Washington Blvd, Venice, Los Angeles, California, 90291, United States
Inn at Venice Beach
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 119% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about The Inn at Venice Beach

Inn at Venice Beach - loved the place.

by TripAdvisor Member bilti

Stayed here for the weekend, loved the place, we had a room with a seperate sleeping area upstairs it was great, weekends here are great as all the showmen, hawkers and characters are out and about on the beach front, the breakfast provided was good with fresh fruit, yogurt, toast and spreads, juioce, coffee etc. ecellent value for money and very friendly staff would certainly stay here again.

Inn at Venice Beach - Good Clean Stay for the Price!

by TripAdvisor Member PleaseTakeMe2

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Venice Beach during the week of October 7, 2004 on our way to Las Vegas. I took the advice of other Trip Advisor reviewers when choosing this hotel. Overall, we had a good stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the daytime male attendant. You can't see the beach or the harbor from the hotel, but you are only about a block from the beach. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. Chair, dining table w/two chairs, and good-sized tv in the bedroom. The vanity electrical plugs in our bathroom area did not work, but luckily we didn't need the hair dryer. I used the plugs in the bedroom area for my hotcurlers. Iron provided. Housekeeping was provided daily, and was usually done in the mid-morning. A Continental breafast of cereal/milk, waffles, bagles, muffins, sweet rolls, OJ, coffee, cranberry juice was served in the courtyard. Very odd first floor courtyard, open-air top, but totally closed off to the outside by a number of first thru third floor balconies that encompasses the area. Cute and quaint nevertheless. One elevator that serves guests and hotel housekeeping & maintenance. Parking is somewhat of an issue at $6/per night. About 8 small-sized parking spaces are located in the drive-under deck portion of the hotel. If you arrive too late in the evening (9 or 10ish), you will have to park in the open lot behind the hotel. Okay lighted area, but sort of in an alley. We booked for two nights directly with the hotel's web site for $89 and $99/night, respectively, for the one bedroom deluxe. Good price for the stay - clean and modern-ish upbeat decor. We ventured all over L.A., Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Ray, Venice Beach, and Malibu. Hotel is close to the main streets that lead to any of the popular L.A. destinations, quickly with little traffic. Close to the airport and the freeway (if you enjoy sitting in the traffic/smog). You'll find a plethora of fast food places a few blocks away from the hotel/beach. Kinda far to walk to, but if you have a rental, you'll enjoy the variety. Some cafes on the beach, but kinda expensive. Hotel can assist with many of the major tour lines for Hollywoood sites. If you get lucky enough to get tickets to see a live taping of one of the network shows, be early. We arrrived at the taping of the UPN show One on One at 4:30, as the tickets required, but we could not get in - the seats were already taken for that show, Dr. Phil show, and others. A Page told us at Paramount that the line usually starts at least 2-3 hours prior to the time listed on the tickets. I would stay at the Inn at Venice Beach again when in L.A. For the price, convenience, and cleanliness - you can't beat it!

Venice Beach

by Frisbeeace

Venice Beach is amazing. I love the place. Many will find the shopping area a bit dirty, smelly and unsecure. Up to some point that's true. However, I find Venice Beach fascinating and plenty of fun. The beach is huge but the real attraction is the people. The street market has lots of entertainers, weird guys, tourists and nice chicks. Rent a bike and ride all the way to Santa Monica while enjoying the scenery.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member KayeEdmontonAlberta

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Venice Beach Oct. 18 - 20.
The location is great, the rooms are clean, the price is right. The
friendly and helpful staff are an added bonus. I'll book there again
when I'm back in the LA area.

Avoid this motel

No way that this motel should be awarded 3 stars. Furniture in rooms looks old and the rooms itself are smelly. The only good about "Inn at Venice Beach" is the location - it is really close to the beach. But the rest is just a cheap motel level with actually high for motel prices. And do not belive the pictures you see. They are at least 10 years old.

Excellent little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kam-Haider

An excellent little hotel. Got the hotel via priceline.com for $50 a night. Well worth the money.

Excellent choice of breakfast provided, all complementary. All staff very friendly, especially a guy called EMAD who was most corteous.

Hotel in ideal location, just a 5 minute walk from Venice Beach and just a 10 minute car ride away from Santa Monica Beach.

Rooms very spacious, and clean, fridge and a small safe provided. Adequate shower facilities.

Good range of TV channel's provided included HBO movie channel.

You'll need a car to drive around the rest of LA and I'd avoid walking around the streets around the hotel after dark.

Fully recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member chapel43

After reading all the other positive reviews it was easy to decide to stay at the Inn at Venice Beach. It was even better when I discovered that this gem of a hotel lived up to every one of them. Private parking (at a coat of $5 per day), extremely friendly staff, large tastefully furnished rooms, extremely comfortable beds, great maid service, air conditioning that works, and is quiet into the bargain, and a great breakfast courtyard with everything you need to start the day. It is 200 yards to the beach, has a handful of good restaurants to suit different budgets on the way to the beach and more a short drive away. 15-20 minutes by car from the airport, and just 10 minutes drive to the shopping delights of Santa Monica's 3rd street promenade. The hotel really goes out of their way to add the extra touches which show they respect their guests and are genuinely interested in providing a good experience. I would deifinitely stay there again.

Venice Beach Meeting - 5/30/03

by jenn_d

"Avryle"

Fresh from Istanbul and newly employed Avryle was eager to discuss her next getaway..Zagreb in September

"Best Friends"

A very British Rowan announced that she is moving to the East Coast in two weeks..a small loss for the West Coast but a tremendous loss for me.

I'll never forget our first meeting..New Years Eve 2002...we both showed up with the same bottle of imported champagne..Finally..someone who can drink, eat, travel and shop like I do!! The heavens exploded and music filled the earth!! Since that time we have been inseparable and the champagne has continued to flow.

"Giampiero"

Self proclaimed "omnivore."

"Recruiting new members..."

Having mastered a few Italian phrases in April I was able to converse with this nice young man. He was very interested in my knowledge of megabytes and ram.

Ahh, the duties of VT membership...

Muscle Beach in Venice Beach

by russ45

"Me"

OK, VT gang I have had requests as what do you look like Russ. Well here I am, if you look just to the left of the sign. There I am with my shirt off. I stayed with my friend out there for one summer. I was working on some projects and had time in the mornings to work out. Enjoyed the stay, got to sleep late, lay on the beach in the afternoons. And just take it easy.

The beach where I spent my days, just laying on the beach.

"THE BIG HOUSE"

Take a trip when you are in San Fran to the "Big House" I call it that from the old black and white movies I watched as a kid. The place is not much but can't you see the "CONS" walking around thinking of excaping the from the Rock.

venice beach

by rhona500

Could you tell me how far Venice Beach is from Palm Springs

by Donna_in_India

It's about 125 miles. Should take just over 2 hours in normal traffic.

by Durfun

About 110 miles, or 177 kms. Takes 2-3 hours by car.

by ecodave

This trip passes through some of the most high volume freeways (e.g., Santa Monica Freeway between 405 and downtown LA -- the part that collapsed in the earthquake and we were happy to pay dearly for early completion of reconstruction).

This trip has taken me as much as four hours due to unfortunate timing with traffic and road construction. Sometimes, it seems starting at 5:00 gets you there later than if you started at 6:00.

I know current traffic conditions are readily available online (from sensors along the freeways). I don't know if averages for particular times on particular days are available.

Why do we call them "free"ways when they are usually quite congested?

by Odinnthor

They are called freeways as they are not toll roads.......

The time frame depends on your departure time from Palm Springs. If you leave PS around 8-9:00 am, you should be fine. If you retrurn the same day, you need to lave venice Beach by 2-3:00 pm, or you will land in the traffic soup. Both morning and night will add at least a couple of hours to your travel time.

It will take you all day to do this, and you will have a max of 3-4 hours at the beach.

Take the 10 freeway all the way to the beach and turn left......

by Odinnthor

...sorry that last sentance could drive you crazy. Take the freeway to the beach. It automatically turns right on to Highway 1. First chance turn left into a parkinglot and go back but stay on the highway past the 10 down to Venice Beach. There are easier ways, but this way you will not get lost.

Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier

Hi!

I'm planning to visit Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier when I visit LA this week and I was wondering when the best time is to go there. Are there any sideshows and street performers in Venice Beach even on weekdays so I can avoid the traffic of people on the weekends? And how's the weather there, by the way? :) Is it still quite as interesting to go to Venice Beach on a weekday as it is on a weekend?

by cachaseiro

venice beach is insane 7 days a week.
whenever i'm in L.A. i make sure to go there at least a couple of times.

by kzapanta

Kamusta. Of course our Venice beach won't have the pristine waters and those nice lounge chairs as back in the PI. But yes, if your looking for people watching and getting the Venice experience anyday is good, especially weekends. Starting about 4pm is good. Sunset right now is not until 7:30pm. 2pm if you want to lay on the beach for tan but us Islanders don't need a tan do we?

And Claus is the main freakshow that peddals to town each time he comes here. =)

Hey! :)

Thanks for your replies! :D

kzapanta, do you live there now? :) lucky you! actually, ive been to Venice Beach a couple of times already (i just forgot if i went on a weekday or a weekend) and i know it won't be like anything here as far as beach but don't worry, i'm going there for the people and the shopping! ;p

by kzapanta

yeah im here, but more south in south O.C.
Shopping for what up there?

by earthboundfaerie

books and artworks and i remember buying really funky luggages there back in 2005. :)

Venice Beach - the night life and safety issues

by julieoz

Hey! We will be in LA in December this year and will be staying for a few days at a hostel in Venice Beach. We are just wondering what kind of nightlife there is there, and also how safe is it at night??

Thankyou, From Julie

Re: Venice Beach - the night life and safety issues

by cachaseiro

there is a strip of bars along the beach that are very lively at night.
that part is safe too.
heading a few blocks up you should mabye be a little careful.
venice beach is a bit of a so so part of LA.

Comments