McCloud Hotels

• KevinMichael profile photo KevinMichael
  • Reviews: 405

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stoney Brook Inn: A wonderful B & B

We had a great time staying at the Stoney Brook Inn which is run by a Japanese couple that's been living in the Shasta area for some time. I really enjoyed talking with both of the owners. One of them, Hiromi, is a channeler (but, I don't know which channel). She's really friendly and has a nice spirit about her.

The common area is a great place to relax, chat, read a book, and enjoy the tea, coffee, or hot chocolate they have there for guests.

In May, when we went, we had most of the inn to ourselves. The rooms were wonderful and we also enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi under the stars. They also provided us with a delicious healthy breakfast. The home baked bread was great.

I have to doubly stress how much we enjoyed this experience. I always seem to prefer B&Bs over regular hotels. It just seems like they offer better service and a much friendlier atmosphere than hotels do. Hotel people are usually too busy and you don't really feel like getting to know them. But, B&B people are different, love to tell stories, hear about their guests' lives, and are just plain fun to talk to.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average