45020 Albion St, PO BOX 206, Mendocino, California, 95460, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Mendocino charmer

The MacCallum House Inn is an upscale Bed & Breakfast offering new world amenities with old world charm as well as being home to one of Mendocino's renowned Fine Dining options. Dating back to 1882 and steeped in history, the New England Edwardian style architecture is all the more lovely set amongst a lush garden of gorgeous flowers.

Unique Quality: Prices look to start in the $300 range but there appears to be many web specials and price is surely very seasonal. Check their website for details.

Directions: On a parallel street just behind Main from the ocean, you will certainly pass it while strolling the town's charming streets.

• phm3c's Profile Photo

Victoriana at its best

MacCallum house is located in the very center of the village, with everything worth seeing just a short walk away in each direction. It is surrounded by lush gardens and house and garden are kept immaculate by an excellent staff which knows how to cater to just about everyone's taste. My wife and I stayed in one of the best suites, with beautiful views from its second floor front rooms. It is one of a number of old Victorians which now serve the interests of the discriminating traveler. I highly recommend it, and advise early reservations.

Unique Quality: The history of Mendocino Village is well documented at MacCallum House, with photographs, books and other memorabilia available to its guests. The furniture pieces throughout the large, rambling house are authentic antiques which lend to its charming atmosphere. Yet for those guests who wish it, the world wide web is immediately available. The main house, dating back to 1882, features clawfoot soaking tubs accompanying its six rooms. Seven cottages surround the house, each one unique in its charm and ambience. Most have private decks and wood stoves. Besides the great breakfast, wine and beer, or tea, is served in the afternoon with an array of cheeses and fruit. One cannot help but unwind while staying at this superb accommodation.

Directions: One block north of Main Street

More about MacCallum House Inn

Loved the MacCallum House

Our stay at the MacCallum House was just wonderful. The moment we stepped into the House we knew we were somewhere special. The entire staff was so warm and friendly, and we particularly enjoyed our evening on the porch tasting the complimentary local wine and delicious cheese. I will enthusiastically recommend this bed and breakfast to all my friends and family---and I look forward to returning for another anniversary one day. Thank you all for a wonderful stay, Tara and John Mangione

Terrific Inn!

Wonderful inn! We were only able to stay one night on our way up the coast and into Oregon and Washington, but The MacCallum House is definitely a place we will return to on our next stay in northern California.

The staff was excellent; our room w/woodburing fireplace was romantic and had a lot of character; dinner and breakfasts at the restaurant were outstanding!

Need to be recharged? This is the place!

We had such a wonderful stay at the inn. I went with three other wives/mothers to reconnect and recharge our batteries. We were in the right town and definitely chose the right place for our lodging. The suite was magnificent, the staff was superb, the restaurant was a delight. Our suite was not located on the main property, it was just down the street with a few other rooms. The in-room massages were of an unmatched caliber by experienced massage recipients and far surpassed our expectations. Also noteworthy, had I not seen a tent outside on the main property, I would not have known that there was a wedding taking place that weekend. The service from the MacCallum House employee's was seamless and not at all chaotic - the sign of experienced and well prepared staff.
Because our room was so beautiful and our view so wonderful, there was ZERO guilt for hanging out in the room Saturday evening. Never once did we experience that "we could have done this at home" feeling.
I love the way the town of Mendocino is laid out - I never feel crowded there, even on Labor Day weekend we didn't feel like we were "packed" into some tourist town, there was always plenty of parking and plenty of room to move around without running into others. I would highly recommend MacCallum House without hesitation.

Loved the Attic Suite!

by TripAdvisor Member LisaWLV

Excellent B&B, we loved the attic suite! Our 16 year-old daughter brought a friend so it was the perfect place to stay. The window view was enchanting and we took turns sitting in the window mesmerized by the view.

As for the food, the organic breakfasts are exceptional. We ate dinner there one night and it too was extremely good. We also noticed the staff is very knowledgable on the food preparation and seemed to have a passion for what they do (a rarity!).

Although Mendocino isn't as easy place to get to, it is a great place to get away from it all.

We highly recommend the MacCallum house and look forward to staying there again!

Relaxed & Pampered!

What a wonderful Inn! I surprised my husband for our 17 Anniversary with a trip here to Mendocino. It was our first time here and at the MacCallum House, but will not our last!
We truly felt relaxed and pampered on our two night stay in the Rose Room at the Luxury Suites. With help from Vicky, we organized baskets, dinner & theatre, and horse back riding on the beach. We did a lot, but yet still felt completely relaxed. The food at dinner and breakfast was beautiful! Many compliments to Chef Alan!
The service provided in the suite, restaurants and from Vicky, a concierge was...well...service! There are very few places still around that actually care about giving good service! You all did it right, right down to the card at dinner!
Thank you for a lovely weekend. We will be back next year, if not sooner!

Simon & Carla Wilson

Save Money - Stay Elsewhere

Thr two rooms we stayed in were not really a good value., especially the suite on the hill above town. It was spacious, but the decor was, to put it bluntly, STUPID! When we arrived, the bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly.

The restaurant is pretty good for breakfast; however, it's awfully pretentious at dinner. We liked Patterson's Bar and Grill in town for dinner much better, though it's noisy, but in a fun sort of way.

All in all, we will not return to the MacCallum House. We can find a comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and a TV all over, and we didn't think the overly cutesy decor was worth the steep prices.

Finally, when we return to the Mendocino area, we'll stay in Ft. Bragg. It's much more interesting a town in terms of restaurants, shops, and things to do. We can always return to Mendocino for walking around the bluffs, but not for food and lodging.

Going Back to a Moment In Time

Upon arrival to Mendocino, we felt like we had stepped back in time to a small village by the sea. As we drove up to The MacCallum House, I remember thinking how beautiful the grounds were and how the abundance of color and fragrance was breathtaking. Soft fog fell over the town as it drew you in. We were greeted with a friendly smile and escorted upstairs to register. We stayed in the main house in a room that had a view of the ocean. We kept our windows open and listened to the seagulls as they welcomed us to their small paradise. The peaceful tranquility that came over you made you never want to leave your room.

The restaurant was incredible. We had breakfast and dinner there each day and all meals were superb. I had a steak one evening that was absolutely the best I have ever had (and I’m from Texas). The chef has created dishes unique for The MacCallum House so you must try them all. You will not regret a decision made.

What an experience we had. It was a birthday trip for me and one I will never forget. Overall, I would say this is probably the best Bed & Breakfast we have had the pleasure to visit and will definitely be on our list of ones to revisit. Thanks to all the staff for their enthusiasm and generosity. You made our stay memorable.

Judy and David Cook

Very Romantic!

We spent our honeymoon at this wonderful Inn and let me say we are now planning to return yearly. They treated us so well with lovely congrats notes on our table, in our room, complimentary champagne and just plain courteous and SO hospitable! We LOVED the room and all of the inn's cozy features, private hot tub for one! The complimentary full breakfast with morning mimosa was the best thing to look forward to every day as well as the complimentary evening wine and cheese bar! It was perfect for walks and beautiful hikes near by...NOT to be missed!!

Comments