110 S El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030

Costs 92% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Travelodge San Fran Apo South

Best travelodge for me

by TripAdvisor Member rdcjMD

I have checked in in different Travelodges before and I would rate this is the best.The front desk staff were very accomodating. The continental breakfast was filling and my room was huge, very clean and looks brand new. The bed was a pleasant surprise. It was similar to the 4-5 star hotels.The location was superb, It was near restaurants, transportation( BART and Caltrain) and groceries. My only complaint was the shuttle which almost took an hour to pick me up in the wee hours of the night. That wouldn't deter me though from checking in again at this motel in the spring of 07.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JADEScotland

Excellent location for the airport and the CalTrain/Bart. There are also some shops (an Albertsons, a Starbucks and a bakers) near by. The journey into the city took about 1/2 an hour. The staff were friendly and helpful there were lots of resources to let you know what to see and do in the area. The shuttle bus to the airport worked very well. The rooms were clean and well equiped. Though it was close to the freeway the hotel was not noisy. A good hotel both for those flying from SFO and spending a couple of days in the city without staying in the city or who wnat to explore more of the peninsula.

Great value for San Francisco area

by TripAdvisor Member pcbdoug

This hotel is an excellent value. It cost $79.00 and is next to the Cal Train and BART. You can get to downtown San Francisco by train in about 20 minutes and to San Jose in about 30 minutes. The hotel is also next to a Wendys on one side and a Japanese Restaurant on the other side. A Chinese restaurant is across the street, and a great Italian restaurant is a block away. You are in walking distance of the an In and Out Burger and a Panera Bread.

The room was incredibly nice and the bedding was great. I had just flown from Beijing to San Francisco in a middle seat, and was exhausted. The bedding was what you would expect at a four or five star hotel. The bathroom was nice--my room, Room 111 had a shower only--no tub. I had checked my toiletries in my checked baggage and were not available--the hotel provided Rembrandt toothpaste, toothbrush, and razor.

For the value, I don't think you will find a better value around the airport. The Travel Lodge provides 24 hour shuttle service to the airport.

Adequate

by TripAdvisor Member MatureStudent

Stayed here for one night in April 2007 after a transatlantic flight from UK. It is an old fashioned motor lodge with outside corridors and thin walls. Otherwise clean and functional with pick up from airport and convenient shopping complex across road which did have a couple of bars/restaurants that provided us with an adequate pub grub evening meal.

Our stay was marrred by ocupant of next room talking on phone from 2am to4pm then checking out and leaving his alarm set for 4.45am. It went on incessantly after that. Not too much sleep that night!

Had it not been for the noise it would have been ok but we had not set our sights too high on this property. We needed somewhere to crash out for night.

Top marks to the very efficent female receptionist who seems to be able to do 4 jobs at once.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member seattlelovesparis

We stayed one night after 24 hours traveling back from Paris. It was pure heaven to find beds more comfortable than my own expensive mattress from home. The rooms were quiet and soothing with beautiful new looking bedding. I found myself able to sleep even though I was still on Paris time. The breakfast had a great selection. The shuttle was quick and courteous as was the front deak staff and the owner.

Comments