2001 W Orangeburg Ave, Modesto, CA 95350

BEST WESTERN Palm Court Inn
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Rated 12% higher but also costs 38% more than other 2 star hotels

• Very pleasantly surprised

Purchased via Hotwire, so didn't know where we would be staying. Once I knew, I checked out the reviews and dreaded what we would find. I am delighted with this stay (single night). We didn't use any of the amenities (pool), but the room was clean and had what we needed. Breakfast at 6am included Belgian waffles, coffee, fruit, sweet rolls... passed on the cereals, toast, juice... in a pleasant setting with an attendant on duty to keep things clean and fresh. Staff very friendly (perhaps too cheery at 6am!). I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Directions: next to hwy 99

• half good half bad

I understand that they are under new management. The rooms are not all that great. The guy at the front desk was nice and did what he could to find me a better room by sending the maintenance guy to look for a room to make sure it was clean. It took a few minutes but the room that he found me was way better. He turned the AC on for me to help cool the room. The guy at the front desk and the Maintenance man where by far the best part of the hotel. The house keeping was bad. I dont think any of them speak English. And it took about a hour to get towels. I had to go to front desk to get towels. The remote didnt work and when I called the maintenance man was quick to get to my room. The maintenance guy asked before he left if there was anything else he could do for me before he left for the day. I want to leave a tip for him but im afraid that house keeping would take it. The front desk and the maintenance man guy told me sorry for all the problems and that it was all being worked on with the new managers. If I ever come back I hope that the two are still there and that housekeeping is replaced. I hope that if i return that the renovations that I was told about are done to make the stay that much better.

Unique Quality: The staff that spoke english where nice and on top of things. Housekeeping should all be replaced or trained how to clean and how to bring the small things that are asked for like the toilet paper and towels. I shouldn't have to hunt it down myself. So the two young men I dealt with where nice and the housekeeping was just a joke. The grounds keeping that was going on was fast and didnt stay in one spot for long. The maintenance guy im sure jokingly offered a pair of ear plugs for the noise. The rooms need a a lot of work and some of the staff needs to learn at least basic english.

Directions: Close to a few places to eat and a grocery store.

• half good half bad

Directions: Close to a few places to eat and a grocery store.

Comments