El Adobe Inn

936 Munras Avenue, Monterey, California, 93940, United States

Inn By The Bay Monterey
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

• snappyrivera's Profile Photo

A Gem, good location, afforadable rates

I booked and stayed for 2 nights at El Adobe Inn... After reading some positive and negative reviews, I thought I would give this place a try and i have no regrets. The location is perfect! Walking distance to the wharf and shopping stores, retaurantes, massage places, salons and nail shops. Very convenient! The owner is very friendly, staff is very helpful. Rooms are always kept very clean. Continental breakfast is inclusive of accomodation. I cannot find anything negative to say about this place. The streets are safe with stop lights. Its the cleanest pet friendly inn I have ever stayed in and i would come back again and highly recommend this inn to friends and all those looking for a place to stay in Monterey.

Unique Quality: The best quality this Inn has to offer is the location, walking distance to wharf and many tourist spots. Owner is very friendly, accommodating, helpful and eager to help. This is a pet friendly Inn and is kept very clean. The ground floor has the pet friendly rooms. Pets are not allowed at the second floor rooms. I checked in with my puppy and hubby and we enjoyed the accommodation this little gem has to offer. We walked back and forth to wharf to wine and dine with our puppy. Lots of shops and restaurants along the streets. We had a good time and would come back to the El Adobe Inn.

Directions: Near downtown Monterey, walking distance to Fisherman's wharf.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Cheap, but not very good.

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as we found the El Dorado Inn just a few meters down the road with a better rate (read my other tip).

The lady at the reception (I think she was the owner) was not very friendly and we were given a room on the second floor, which obviously had no elevator, so we had to carry our heavy suitcases up the stairs.

The room was large, but very old. Furniture must have been from the 70's and it was quite dark. Shampoo was awful and so was the soap. Hair Dryer was available on request...

Breakfast was also very poor. Only "Danish" pastry (seems to be very popular in Monterey), juice and coffee/tea. It is self-service and you have to take it to your room.

Room rate was $89 plus tax, total of $97.

Location is quite good, just 5 minutes walking distance from downtown Monterey and 10-15 minutes from the Fisherman's wharf.

I did not enjoy this stay, mainly due to the unfriendly nature of the owner. Although this place is clean and slightly better than the El Dorado Inn (two kinds of juice for breakfast, slightly larger rooms), I would really go for the 'Dorado anytime.

Unique Quality: Free wireless internet
    Close to the center

More about El Adobe Inn

MONTEREY

by LoriPori about EL ADOBE INN

Wednesday, August 4 we decided to stay overnight in Monterey. We chose the EL ADOBE INN as it was in our "Motel Discount Guide Book" and it was a good downtown location, close to restaurants. It was a lovely family-owned Inn.
Complimentary Continental Breakfast