Hyatt Regency Monterey

Tags

Golf Aquarium Sailing and Boating
See Amenities
ecodave's Profile Photo

Nice facilities while at the conference

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2011

I enjoyed the mountain/country retreat atmosphere here. There are many three-story buildings with parking nearby. My room was clean, modern, and was close to the ballroom. I found this to be reasonable value at the conference negotiated rate.

Unique Quality: The gym and pool worked well for me. Looking out over the golf course in the morning was very pleasant.

Directions: I suggest you consult a map or use a GPS

Well laid out

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 22, 2010

Stayed here for a week of convention in January. Very nice rooms, modern bathroom decor but average tub. Nice patio with a garden and piped in music that was wonderful to sit and relax with. The hotel is laid out in pods scattered around the conference center, we were lucky to have one close by since others can be a long walk away. If you can, get a room with a view of the golf course. Nice looking outdoor pool and hottub that we never got around to using. Love the outdoor chessboard!! They just completed their spa and it is beautiful. The ladies room has a steam room, sauna, huge showers and plenty of amenities to pamper yourself with. There is another pool for use at the spa but we didn't use it since it was raining. Definitely worth the splurge. Our room rate reflects our discounted conference rate.

Unique Quality: Gorgeous new spa facility that was just completed - prices not cheap!! Some of the rooms overlook the golfcourse.

GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Able to book 1 night on a 3 day holiday weekend!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 22, 2008

Well, the room was nicer than expected. My boyfriend had stayed before and said not to expect much but they had remodeled. The bed was extremely comfortable. Doorless shower was cool.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a good night's rest. We stayed in room 1532, the ground level. The floor in the room above us creaked when someone would walk across the floor. The creaking was really loud. Well, we thought we would get over this once the person went to sleep. But - no luck, this person was up past 1 am walking about as if they couldn't sit still. My boyfriend went bizzerk! He called the front desk several times and even said to have security meet him to find what the heck was going on with this person walking about all night long. They couldn't move us to another room because the hotel was completely booked up.

Anyway, if it wasn't for this episode, I think it was a decent hotel. Make sure to book a room on the 3rd floor! Then you won't have to worry about the noise from above.

Unique Quality: Has it's own golf course

My room looked nothing like the picture

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 12, 2007

I was fairly disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Seeing the picture above, I thought my room would have the wood beams and a balcony, but in reality, the rooms are plain and sort of run down. My furniture was fairly beat up, my room door opens up to a fairly obscure and dark area between buildings, which made me feel kind of vulnerable here in the off season. This hotel doesn't cater to the business traveler very well, the desk is in a nook away from the TV, there was no hardwire internet connection, and there is no continental breakfast here. The bathrooms have a pedestal sink and I kept dropping my toiletries due to lack of space.

While they are renovating some of the buildings, the only views on the property seem to be those of the golf course from the restaurant. They are renovating some of the buildings. Those appear to have interior hallways leading to the room instead of the weird motel layout of some of the other buildings.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a nice area for having drinks or discussing business in the hotel lobby, comprised of couches and comfortable arm chairs and fireplaces. There is a golf course on site, but I didn't see it.

Directions: Next to Naval Post Graduate School. Near Old Fisherman's Warf.

Krystynn's Profile Photo

I'll like to recommend this...

by written on August 24, 2002

I'll like to recommend this cool abode - the Hyatt Regency Hotel. And this was where we stayed whilst we were in Monterey.

Nearby Hyatt Regency Monterey

Hyatt Regency Monterey

• Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca
  • Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
  • Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey

Address: 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, California, 93940-4908, United States

9 Photos of Hyatt Regency Monterey

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Monterey Travel Forum

Need advice about Monterey, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Monterey and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Monterey hotel reviews