Hyatt Regency Monterey

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 4.5 star hotels

• ecodave's Profile Photo

Nice facilities while at the conference

I enjoyed the mountain/country retreat atmosphere here. There are many three-story buildings with parking nearby. My room was clean, modern, and was close to the ballroom. I found this to be reasonable value at the conference negotiated rate.

Unique Quality: The gym and pool worked well for me. Looking out over the golf course in the morning was very pleasant.

Directions: I suggest you consult a map or use a GPS

• Well laid out

Stayed here for a week of convention in January. Very nice rooms, modern bathroom decor but average tub. Nice patio with a garden and piped in music that was wonderful to sit and relax with. The hotel is laid out in pods scattered around the conference center, we were lucky to have one close by since others can be a long walk away. If you can, get a room with a view of the golf course. Nice looking outdoor pool and hottub that we never got around to using. Love the outdoor chessboard!! They just completed their spa and it is beautiful. The ladies room has a steam room, sauna, huge showers and plenty of amenities to pamper yourself with. There is another pool for use at the spa but we didn't use it since it was raining. Definitely worth the splurge. Our room rate reflects our discounted conference rate.

Unique Quality: Gorgeous new spa facility that was just completed - prices not cheap!! Some of the rooms overlook the golfcourse.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Able to book 1 night on a 3 day holiday weekend!

Well, the room was nicer than expected. My boyfriend had stayed before and said not to expect much but they had remodeled. The bed was extremely comfortable. Doorless shower was cool.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a good night's rest. We stayed in room 1532, the ground level. The floor in the room above us creaked when someone would walk across the floor. The creaking was really loud. Well, we thought we would get over this once the person went to sleep. But - no luck, this person was up past 1 am walking about as if they couldn't sit still. My boyfriend went bizzerk! He called the front desk several times and even said to have security meet him to find what the heck was going on with this person walking about all night long. They couldn't move us to another room because the hotel was completely booked up.

Anyway, if it wasn't for this episode, I think it was a decent hotel. Make sure to book a room on the 3rd floor! Then you won't have to worry about the noise from above.

Unique Quality: Has it's own golf course

• My room looked nothing like the picture

I was fairly disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Seeing the picture above, I thought my room would have the wood beams and a balcony, but in reality, the rooms are plain and sort of run down. My furniture was fairly beat up, my room door opens up to a fairly obscure and dark area between buildings, which made me feel kind of vulnerable here in the off season. This hotel doesn't cater to the business traveler very well, the desk is in a nook away from the TV, there was no hardwire internet connection, and there is no continental breakfast here. The bathrooms have a pedestal sink and I kept dropping my toiletries due to lack of space.

While they are renovating some of the buildings, the only views on the property seem to be those of the golf course from the restaurant. They are renovating some of the buildings. Those appear to have interior hallways leading to the room instead of the weird motel layout of some of the other buildings.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a nice area for having drinks or discussing business in the hotel lobby, comprised of couches and comfortable arm chairs and fireplaces. There is a golf course on site, but I didn't see it.

Directions: Next to Naval Post Graduate School. Near Old Fisherman's Warf.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

I'll like to recommend this...

I'll like to recommend this cool abode - the Hyatt Regency Hotel. And this was where we stayed whilst we were in Monterey.

More about Hyatt Regency Monterey

In MONTEREY, we stayed at the...

by Krystynn

In MONTEREY, we stayed at the awesome Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel overlooking the beautiful Old Fisherman's Wharf. I just looooove the ambience here!

It's OK if you don't Overpay

I think the poor reviews on this site are due to people over-paying.
The Hyatt Monterey is about the equivalent of a Holiday Inn Express.
The quality is passing, but this is not a luxury resort. We booked the hotel through Priceline and paid $85 each for two rooms, so we weren't disappointed at all. And honestly, in Monterey if you're spending too much time in the room during the day, there's a problem. So much more to do outside the hotel.

This place sucks

We had the misfortune of booking our honeymoon last minute with a local travel agency. We stayed in San Francisco, Monterrey and Napa Valley.The Hyatt Regency in Monterey is the pits. They must be offering travel agents enormous commission to book there because I feel sick to think we were staying for 250 a night when the walk up rate is 179 a night, and other folks paid 100 a night.The place is a dump - a room next to the highway, the phone was dead, no air conditioning, the heater didn't work, the bathroom was dingy and moldy. Since we were with a prepaid package we would never get our money back despite paying 100 cancellation insurance - you can only cancel under emergency circumstances, and they might re-imburse you.Anyways, the Hyatt Regency sucks- we were given another room that was not much better, and later that night the key card slot on the door malfunctioned and we were locked out of our crappy room.After staying at a beautiful downtown San Francisco hotel for less than this s*** hole, we couldnt believe our travel agent screwed us this badly just for some commission.Luckily we didnt allow this to sour our honeymoon. But anywhere else in Monterey is better to stay!

Great for the price/location esp w/kids

by TripAdvisor Member SuzyChapstick30

Landed this hotel on priceline for under $100 so totally worth the money considering it has several restaurants on site and was very close to Monterey attractions. Room was good size and clean. Only down side was there was a Prom at night so got a little loud. I would definatley go back though.

Nice for the discounted price

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency for $75. a night. (We used our Entertainment discount). For that price it was worth the small inconvienences we had to deal with. First, the beds were way too hard in my opinion. I like a firm mattress, but they really need to purchase more comfortable ones for their guests. Also, be CERTAIN you ask for the TOP FLOOR when lodging here, because you can hear every footstep above you, which cost us a good nights sleep the first night we were there. They were very courtious and moved us into another room the next morning, on the top floor, but the location was closer to the freeway and a little noisy. But we were so tired, we slept through the hum of the cars whizing by. The restaurant offered gourmet food, but be willing to pay the price. Other than that, it was okay.

The worst hotel we ever stayed in

September 26, 2003 - stayed for 3 nights, paid $204. We were given a room on 1st floor overlooking the pool next to the gym. The room was very dirty, smelly, small. Asked for upgrade, finaly allocated one overlooking the golf course. Room was larger and had log fire. We thought it will be OK after all. There was not fire starters and kindling to start the fire, just one masive log and no matches. When we managed to start the fire, the smoke came back into the room. There was no airconditioning, opened windows only to let mosquitos in, ended up being bitten by them all night. The beds were the worst we ever slept in, so hard I ended up with very bad back. One place that will NEVER see us again.

Comments