55 Camino Aguajito, Monterey, California, 93940, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Monterey Bay Lodge

Monterey Bay Lodge is an Overlooked Property

I didn't stay there, but I did overlook the property. The suites looked like a decent size (i.e. about 45% bigger than a standard hotel room) and the location was excellent if you have kids with Estero Park across the street. Dennis the Menace park was a blast and so were the paddle boats at the lake. The bay is one block away and the Fisherman's wharf is a good stroll along the boardwalk from the hotel (about 15 - 25 minute walk). The pool area was very nice with an excellent kid's wading pool with a fountain in the middle. The real highlight of this property is the attached restaurant. Ann Kelley's by the Lake is great food at a very reasonable price. You know its good when local folks frequent this establishment. We were there for lunch and 3 van loads of people who work for the City of Monterey came in for lunch. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant was very clean.

Outstanding Customer Service is Alive and Well and at Monterey Bay Lodge

Recently, a friend of mine got married in Monterey, and as the wedding was early Sunday, I opted to stay Saturday night in Monterey rather than drive down super early from San Francisco. I made a reservation at the inn where the bride and groom and several guest parties were staying, the Monterey Bay Lodge.

I'd made the reservation online, but when I went to check in, it turned out that there'd been an error: no rooms were actually available. Ooops. However, let me just take this moment to rave, yes, RAVE about the fantastic service at The Monterey Bay Lodge. Not only did they apologize for the error, they found me new lodgings. And not only did they find me new lodgings, but they picked up the tab. Wow.

I regret not having stayed at the Lodge, because although my other accommodations were nice (they actually put me up in a more expensive hotel), the Lodge was better landscaped, had a pool and jacuzzi, and had nice large rooms, some with fireplaces (I snuck a peek at some of the rooms my friends in the wedding had and was suitably envious). It had a nicer vibe all around. And, of course, this kind of customer service and responsibility is a rare and wonderful gem.

The next time I'm staying the night in Monterey, the Monterey Bay Lodge will certainly get my business, and I want everyone to know why.

Great customer service at the Monterey Bay Lodge, Monterey, California

The staff is very warm and friendly. I was very impressed with how fast they returned my cell phone charger that I left in the room. I phoned on a Monday asking to mail me my phone charger and they mailed it out that day and I received it in the mail the next day. How wonderful is that?

Wonderfully Charming!

by TripAdvisor Member CaliforniaNative

We stayed three nights at the Monterey Bay Lodge and were thoroughly charmed by the hotel and its staff, and by the adjacent restaurant, Ann Kelly's, as well. Our single rooms were small but nicely furnished and comfortable. One nice touch is liquid creamer for the very good in-room coffee, another the intoxicatingly fragrant mint hair conditioner provided.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf and Old Monterey, and on the Tuesday we arrived I went a little further downtown to the weekly street fair, coming back with a gorgeous feast of food and organic fruits.
Ann Kelly's is equally fine, with great breakfasts and lunches. Dinner is not served every night, but should be, judging by the quality of their food and friendly service.

Excellant place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member randallboy

My family and I stayed at the Monterey Bay Lodge in June, 2004. Very clean, very helpful staff and we had a pleasant stay here. Highly recommended.........

Liked it a lot!!

by TripAdvisor Member gabaidan

I just returned from a stay at the Bay Lodge. I decided to stay there based on the reviews on this board and I was very happy with my decision! My only issue was once I got there!!.. I booked 2 nights, when I checked in, the lady at the front desk said it was for one.. ( kind of scared me, thinking I would have to look for another room or hotel or maybe drive back home! ) Then she checked a little bit further and voila, there it was, it was actually for 2 nights! Good thing I had my reservation printout and they had that kind of room (king sized) available for the 2 nights..

Oher than that, I had a great time! We walked to the Fisherman's Wharf at night and felt very safe, walking back and forth! the park just outside the logde it's beautiful and the convenience of purchasing tickets for the aquarium right at the lobby saved us a lot of time!!

Loved the room, A/C.. yes, the bathrooms are a little on the small side, but that's ok, we managed! The breakfast served at the restaurant was superb!!

Very Nice Motor Lodge

One of the nicest motor lodges I've ever stayed in. The room was immaculate, comfortable and well decorated. But I think the best part is its location. Right across the street from the beach and a park and pleasant a ten minute walk along the bay from Fisherman's Wharf. From there I took a free shuttle to the Cannery / Aquarium Area. Pretty much left my car behind for the entire trip.

You should know that there was no air conditioning. This would not have been so bad considering Montereys's climate and the sea breeze. In fact I prefer this. But it's was a little noisy to leave the windows open all night long. Unfortunately I arrived the night a large group of college students arrived. But by 11pm the managemant had quieted them down.

The Motel is right in the flight path of the Monterey airport but traffic is minimal after dark.

Good for families, not for women alone

Good Motor Lodge, but with limitations.
I usually travel with my husband and children, but this time I travelled alone to get some impoertant work done. My husband kindly held the fort down at home. I arrived by train, so didn't have a car.
Found the staff of the motel very pleasant, willing to help, and the motel itself sparkling clean and well orgainzed. They have clearly made the most of the location which is just outside the center of Monterey, a good walk to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. They have kept the price much more reasonable than surrounding hotels.
Feels like a cheerful well run family place, inviting for honeymooners and kids alike. Has a small, protected pool in the center, a restaurant which is also popular with the "locals" (per the cab driver) and is situated right next to an inviting park with lots of children's amenities. I think if I had brought my husband and children it would have been fine.
However, since the resaurant is closed Sunday-Weds evenings, so wound up walking down the highway, only Mc
Donald's was open. Met a few homeless people along the walk.
The rooms have no AC, and mine was also situated directly on a walkway whose stairs lead to the street.This posed a dilema since to close the windows for security at night meant enduring fan noise. Open windows also meant traffic noise, so one could not escape noise either way.
Brought a suitcase full of heavy books, and no one was available to help. TV was generally snowy. Room was small, and of course no internet.
Overall, I think it's a fine place for certain people and certain purposes, but not others. I checked out and went to the conference hotel, which worked out better for the my particular purpose.

Comments