Anderson Inn

897 Embarcadero, Morro Bay, California, 93442, United States

More about Anderson Inn

Very comfortable beds.....

by TripAdvisor Member centralcalifornia

Me and my husband stayed there mothers day weekend. It was our first time at the Anderson Inn. We had been waiting for it to open, it seemed like forever. I have to say it was worth the wait. The rooms are wonderful the beds are so comfortable and the view from every room is great. We had the pleasure of seeing all the room's before they opened a while back. We will defiantly be back again and again..

Luxurious and Charming Getaway on the Central Coast

by TripAdvisor Member CMFM

If you are planning a trip up, down or over to the Central Coast of California - treat yourself and your significant other to a fabulous stay at the Anderson Inn. All of the rooms are decorated beautifully and are accurately described by the many glowing reviews below. However, we splurged on one of the Bay View rooms and the only thing that was enticing enough to draw us away from the relaxing view, the to-die-for bed and heavenly bathroom (with jetted tub) was the great, great dinner at the Galley Restaurant downstairs.

Strongly suggest you try to stay two days. Just park your car and relax.

I was curious about the Anderson Inn when I read the reviews and phoned to ask about some details on the room. The friendly, kind and welcoming voice on the other end was what sold me on this property. The owners made us feel very special from the minute we arrived to the minute we left and we look forward to returning soon.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member ERojas

We stayed just one night at the Anderson Inn and it was enough to realize the excellent service and outstanding quality of the room. Although we had a partial view of the bay, it was good enough to see it from our bed.
The bathroom is just great, fully equiped, and the bed and the hole room are very confortable. Also it is placed in the same building along with a fine restaurant, which has a great view to to Morro bay.
It is a great place to stay on your way along California.

Simply FABULOUS!

by TripAdvisor Member BayAreaDining_Out

Immaculate room (2 Queen beds) with excellent hospitality! Plush, super-comfy beds; soft Egyptian cotton bath towels + bath robes; bright, airy rooms.

Based on recommendation of "Molly" (co-owner of Anderson Inn) had dinner at The Galley restaurant next door on Thursday night. Reserved table from Inn and was seated within 10 minutes (or less) despite the restaurant being fully booked that night. Ordered local sand dabs and pan-seared scallops--truly superb and fresh seafood...both sand dabs and scallops were extremely succulent and "melt-in-your-mouth" consistency. Excellent service and stunning sunset view during dinner.

Would definitely return and highly recommend to others!

The Anderson Inn was AWESOME

by TripAdvisor Member ricandlorie

Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and then booked with the hotel directly. What a GEM this hotel was. There are only 8 rooms that are located above a restaurant located right on the waterfront in Morro Bay overlooking Morro Rock. The owners Jeff & Molly are the best hosts. There were 6 of us driving the California coast - Parents and 2 teens. Only stayed 1 night, but regreted not being able to stay for more. The rooms are absolutely AWESOME. Very roomy & modern. Flat screen TV, internet and comfortable beds. The sheets and fluffy pillows were great. The bathroom was huge and had a shower with glass doors and 3 shower heads. We were very spoiled by how great everything was. Still cannot believe how CLEAN the room was. The Galley restaurant below was so good. Jeff helped us make our reservations for dinner that night and we had a table for 6 right next to the window and watched the beautiful sunset over Morro Rock. I was so lucky to have found this hotel!!

Worth a stop!

by TripAdvisor Member vanderluyden

We had reserved elsewhere but after reading about the Anderson Inn on Trip Advisor we changed our reservation. Brilliant idea!

The hotel is a haven, the right place to stop if you are traveling along the coast.

It's family run and the proprietors attend personally to the smallest details. It's brand new, super clean, room was very spacious with plasma tv and a gorgeous bathroom with multiple jet shower: to cut a long story short: paradise after a long drive or a day at the beach.

Nice additional touch is the private hotel parking.

Owners are nice and helpful and the Galley restaurant was really good, would have loved to go there to have breakfast as well.

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member olithecat

We stayed at the Anderson Inn for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon and we loved it. We had a room on the front of the hotel over the water with a stunning view of El Moro rock. Fabulous sunsets. We would highly recommend one of these rooms if the budget can stretch. Molly and family are really friendly, this really is a family run place.
Morro bay is a quaint small village with some nice restaurants. We ate in the Anderson Inn Galley restaurant and the food was very good. Highly recommend it, as well as Windows on the Water where the views are stunning.

Our only downside was the power station on the bay that we did not know was there before arriving. Whilst you can't miss it after a while it did not bother us. However the sooner they move it the better!

Overall a great experience and a much enjoyed stop on our honeymoon.

Wonderful Gem of a Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EpeeDogu

I had read about the Anderson Inn at Morro Bay from TripAdvisor, but I was a bit concerned that since we had a four year old daughter (behaves nicely, but she is a four year old) that it wouldn't be a fit. I called them up and after talking to Molly, I was convinced that it would be fine.

We booked one of the rooms over the water and used a folding bed for my daughter. Jeff was very helpful and friendly when we checked in. We had a wonderful view of the Rock. A Sea Lion even swam up and said hello at sunset.

It was an excellent stay.

Saved our Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member brw4now

I found the Anderson Inn in Morro Bay while I was out for an early morning walk. I didn't remember seeing it before. I stopped in and spoke with Jeff Anderson, I explained my situation about my horrible experience at the Breakers. I told him we were on our honeymoon. He showed me two of the rooms available that evening.We took one overlooking the water. When we checked in later, Jeff and his sister Molly had put a nice bottle of champagne in the room for our honeymoon. It was a beautiful room with very nice ,ambiance, beautifully appointed. Definitely not your regular beach town Motel or Inn. It's brand new. It's a little higher priced that I'm use to paying in Morro Bay. But my wife loved it and fell in love with me all over again. So it as well worth the price! I would definitely recommend it for couples. Or anyone one looking for that someplace special. Please take care of the place because I know I'll be going back there as soon as I can! Barry

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member TALLBIRD74

Beautiful hotel in a fabulous location on the bay with views of the rock. The owner Jeff is lovely and very helpful and you must eat at the The Galley.

Comments