3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

60 State Park Road, Morro Bay, California, 93442, United States

Inn at Morro Bay
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 101% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Best place for a weekend getaway or R&R weekend!

My boyfriend took me here for the first time and we keep coming back. We have some of the best memories here. It's where he and I both really fell in love. The most fun he had had with anyone! I absolutely love the service, and the gorgeous views and relaxing poolside. We are moving to Morro Bay this fall. The jacuzzi on our balcony is so relaxing and ultra romantic. The walks along the beach are tranquil, especially the view of the Morro Rock. The food in the restaurant is amazing. We have amazing dinners there and even had dinner there on New Years Eve! We just wish they would bring back the lobster spring rolls.

Love, love, love this place!

Unique Quality: Great balcony jacuzzi!

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

Waking up with the Birds

We stayed at the Inn at Morro Bay, which had a private jacuzzi on the balcony of our room and we were at the south end right next to the National Estuary. It was so cool to wake up to all the unique bird calls.

There was also a fireplace in the room - kind of funky how it works in conjunction with the room heating system, but it was a great experience and beautiful scenery. Our room had an ocean view and I spent the morning watching the mallards, cormorants and herons. It was spectacular!

Unique Quality: Personal jacuzzi on your balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Ok place to stay for Paso Robles

We stayed recently in a bay facing room. We were there to do wine tasting in Paso Robles and visit the Hearst Castle. Staying near the ocean in July was a smart decision. The rooms were adequate. Fireplace for warmth, and a small hot tub for each room. The service was mediocre and the place badly needs to be renovated. Food was limited, but for small town coastal California this was not bad.

Unique Quality: View of the Bay, next to/ in the state park, hot tubs on each balcony.

Directions: On the edge of town in the park

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

BAYSIDE COMFORT

The central coast of California has some of the most spectacular ocean vistas in the world. Morro Bay is no exception with the Morro Rock standing as the sentinel for the bay below. At the southern edge of the bay, inside the Morro Bay State Park next to the Blue Heron Rookery, sits the Inn at Morro Bay.

The setting is tranquil and beautiful as well, with flower gardens throughout the property. The low keyed entrance matches the well groomed upscale lobby and dining areas. Bicycles are available to ride around the area in, with a spa on site. The rooms are quaint and offer a view of the bay. Cottages, as well as partial and full view guestrooms, offer a hot tub on the patio. Walking from the room to the bay is steps away and the Morro Rock is in plain view. Getting away to relax is exactly what you do when staying at the Inn at Morro Bay. San Luis Obispo is within 30 minutes drive south and Hearst Castle is about the same north. All off Hwy 1.

Unique Quality: The bar and dining areas are upscale with a fireplace in the bar area. The extra large bay windows in the bar actually front the bay for a beautiful sunset view of Morro Rock. They do have a happy hour with complimentary chicken wings and pizza. The dining room, Orchid, has a gourmet menu with a Mediterranean touch. My wife and I celebrated our youngest son's graduation from Cal Poly SLO in the dining banquet area where the ambiance, service and food were outstanding. Of course, the view didn't hurt and for what we received in comfort and quality of food made the cost worth the effort. The privacy of the room that is right next to the main dining area made the evening seem as if it was in our own home. Will someone refill my wine glass.

Directions: Main Street of Morro Bay, south to the Morro Bay State Park. Right side after the park's entrance. Golf course is on the left.

• A Place with Character

We had a King Bed waterview room with fireplace and hot tub that was very comfortable. The Inn is well maintained (the gardens are beautiful), and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Be careful when booking water view rooms, as they may overlook a parking lot and building before Morro Bay. One other small gripe is the quality of the coffee in the room - more like tea when brewed in the small coffee pot. The staff was very pleasant but the bartenders are inexperienced, which I didn't expect for $200+ per night.

Unique Quality: Gas Fireplace, controlled by the room thermostat and a portable hot tub on the deck. 45 minutes to the Hearst Castle.

Directions: Go through town on Main Street and you will run into the Inn just inside the State Park, across from the golf course.

More about Inn At Morro Bay

Fine weekend all around

by TripAdvisor Member EBDMarinaDelReyCA

My husband and I booked into the Morro Bay Inn despite having read a number of negative comments on this site. We booked a Petite Queen room but on arrival found that we had been upgraded to a king with balcony and private hottub at no additional cost -- a welcome surprise, especially on a holiday weekend.

Our room was spacious and well appointed. We particularly liked the fireplace, comfortable bed, and hot tub. There were some oddities - an out of place old wood desk --and the bathroom although efficient was small and not remarkable. However I think the people who complain about these details are spoiled, truly. Since when does every inch of every hotel have to look like the Ritz Carlton, especially at 1/3 of the price? We had a wonderful 3-night stay and will return for sure.

Good and bad

by TripAdvisor Member zeppgirl

I stayed here recently for my birthday. My fiance and I splurged up the $175/night (this was a 25% discount for being mid-week and with a discount card) for a partial ocean view. I did not get what I expected. We arrived and were given a room that was already occupied! We unlocked the door, only to find clothes on the ground. We went back and told management. We were then given another room on the ground floor which was not to our expectations. While it is true that there was a hot tub on the balcony as described, this was so open that there was no privacy! We requested another room and was given one that was like the first room. However, our keys couldn't open the lock. Finally, they fixed this and our room was very nice. For our troubles, the staff gave us $60 dining credit at the restaurant.

The outside of the inn is disappointing. It really doesn't look that elegant (considering the price you pay!), but more like a motel. the inside of the room, however, is very nice (minus the bathroom- the paint was peeling and it was very small and old looking). The bed was very comfy and had a down comforter. The robes were plush and cozy as well. The hot tub was nice and warm, and the staff drains this every time a new guest checks in. The fireplace was great. Overall, I really liked this place but am not sure it was worth the money..maybe if you spend more time inside the room. By the way, the restaurant had a great view and pretty good food too!

Fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member dumomich

What a pleasure it was to stay here. My husband and 10 mos old son had a wonderful experience. Our room was in the building which faced the bay and had a breathtaking view. We had two double feather beds which were incredibly comfortable and was the first time my son ever slept through the night. The room was a good size with a large dressing/sink area, bathroom, tv and desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They also have specially made soap which is made for the hotel and could be purchased. The view of the bay every morning and evening was gorgeous and there is a bird estuary next door where you can see the birds nesting. It was very quiet and great housekeeping service with chocolates on our pillow at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is right at the entrance to the Park and next to a golf course. Would definitely go back.

Honeymooners

by TripAdvisor Member Luv2rideNcamp

Had a very nice stay at the Inn. Our room (409) must have already been renovated. It was rather nice, with granite countertops, slate floors and nice carpet. I think we had one of the more spacious rooms (compared to other reviews). We had a bottom floor King suite with a partial bay view, fireplace and spa. I noticed our room was handicap accessible, which made it even more spacious. We ate at the restaurant, while watching the sunset, and had a cocktail in the bar afterwards- there was even live entertainment...it was very fun. The pool was closed, which was okay, as there is plenty else to do. The Inn is located right next to an estuary, so you get to see (and hear) a lot of different birds. With all the birds, you may have a mess on your car in the morning...not to worry though...there is a car wash nearby.

Great Relaxing weekend...

I booked the Queen Petite room for 2 nights for the long weekend way before reading any of the reviews here, since the pictures on the website looked wonderful! After reading the negative reviews I was getting worried that the July 4th vacation was going to be ruined...

BUT... what a surprise! It was a wonderful place to unwind, and relax. It was very comfortable and clean! I was Upgraded to a King bed with Jacuzzi and it had a view of Morro Rock. It was awesome! I think for the price you can't beat the Inn at Morro Rock!

Loved the hospitality

A group of us from Australia had the positive experience of staying at The Inn at Morro Bay for 6 days. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous and provided us with great service. (The only thing they could not provide us with was a kettle, as if you are a tea drinker, you will know it is essential to have boiled water for a cuppa.) We have now come to the realisation that American's are not familiar with this great refreshing drink. The staff did go out of there way to try and provide me with a kettle though.
I would recommend this Motel to any one intending to visit, and if we have the fortunate experience of visiting this part of the world again, we will definitely be re-booking at The Inn.

Comments