221 Cypress Avenue, Moss Beach, California, 94038, United States
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Seal Cove Inn

Cozy and secluded

by TripAdvisor Member 1_of_3_Amigos

The Seal Cove Inn was a great experience. It's quiet and private. It has great proximity to the beach, some nice hikes, and fine dining. The breakfasts were excellent. If you are looking for nice romantic getaway, this is the spot.

Seclusion at it's finest

by TripAdvisor Member NimaSanFrancisco

I needed to escape the city but still be close. The Seal Cove Inn was the perfect get away. Walking up to the Inn as soon as I passed the fountain in the front, I knew this was the place. The innkeeper set just the right tone for tranquility. She took no time at all to check me in, give me a quick tour of the common area and settle me into my corner of the world for the next 3 1/2 days. I was able to enjoy the perfect amount of seclusion. I had coffee brought to my room at 7:00 am, went to the common area at 8:30 to make a breakfast plate to bring to my room (They make the most wonderful stratas). I sat outside my open patio door listening to birds and looking at the beautiful wildflower garden. I took a walk on a trail overlooking the ocean (There is nothing like walking on earth instead of concrete). Later in the day, I went into town, 3 minutes away, and had a 1 hour massage and a 1 hour facial. I purchased a salmon, rice and veggie dinner to go from a restaurant in town and retired to my room. There in front of the fire I lit in my fireplace with the door open listening to the birds again, I enjoyed my dinner(and this was my FIRST day). No matter what words I put in this review it could not possibly describe my enjoyment of this Inn. Whoever you are if you want to get back to YOU, go to the Seal Cove Inn and ask for room #1.

Beautiful and Relaxing Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member kimbermai

We stayed @ the Seal Cove Inn for our wedding anniversary and it was so beautiful! The service was excellent and personalized. When we arrived we were directed to our room where there were baloons and a bottle of wine and a card wishing us a happy anniversary - which we did not expect. The room was a good size and very modern, clean, beautiful and comfortable. The bathroom was a good size too. We stayed in the garden room - which we highly recommend - you can walk out into the garden and sit out on a small patio area and take in the scenery and bird watch. The breakfast was great - lots of variety and well done w/ really great service - the mid-day snacks were wonderful too! There was a lot of "nothing" to do - but in a great way. The beach is about a 5 min walk and was gorgeous! We had an awesome time and will go back soon - we would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a romantic or relaxing time away.

A Perfect Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member NapaNewlyweds

We stayed here for our anniversary and loved how secluded and quiet it was. Even though the weather was misty and cloudy, we had the best time lounging around our room and going to the tidepools nearby. When we arrived, we were greeted in our room by Happy Anniversary! ballons, chilled sparkling wine, two flutes to keep, truffles, and an adorable teddy bear that we also got to take home(this special touch did add on an extra $50 to our bill, but also included breakfast in bed and was well worth it). The rooms are large and tastefully decorated with high ceilings and cozy fireplaces with duralogs. The bed was wonderfully big and comfortable with soft sheets that you didn't want to leave. The cozy robes were plush and warm and we didn't want to get out of them the entire weekend. We had a great balcony that overlooked the Inn's garden and had a distant view of the nearby ocean. We spent a considerable amount of time sitting out there enjoying the peace and quiet.
They have a huge selection of videos to grab whenever you want (we watched 3 during our stay). We particularly enjoyed the afternoon "tea" which included homemade artichoke dip, pasta salad, cheeses and, yes, tea. They even have freshly baked cookies at the front desk. The front desk workers were very kind and obliging to us and helped us out selecting restaurants, giving directions and making reservations for us. The breakfasts were great both days we were there. I liked the variety, but would have loved to try the eggs benedict I've heard they're known for.
I think what we like best about Seal Cove Inn was the privacy and the fact that it's like a B&B without being a B&B (where you feel like you're staying in someone's home).
One further note: Though we were considerably younger than most of the couples staying at the Inn, we never felt out of place. There wasn't a lot of interaction with other guests (which we liked).

Excellent experience all around

by TripAdvisor Member rvd8679

The rooms were very nice & the staff went out of their way to provide some very appreciated extra help.
We came to your Hotel on our Harley & the night Inn keeper,(I'm so sorry I can't remember his name),gave us a ride to the event we were in town for & came & picked us up when the event was over,at midnight, because we knew we were going to have a couple cocktails & didn't want to ride the bike after drinking.
The breakfast & snacks were really good & the grounds beautiful.
Thank you for a memorable anniversary.
Rick & Kaycee Diesing

A wonderfully calm and relaxing stay

by TripAdvisor Member lovetootrav

We stayed two nights at the Seal Cove and were very, very happy. Our room, the Rose room, was one of the last on the upstairs corridor, so very private. We had a large bedroom with a comfortable bed, two rocking armchairs, a fireplace (which we used! in August!), and a balcony with two wicker chairs - and water, drinks, and a bottle of wine in the refrigerator in our room, which was a nice surprise. The bathroom was ok, nothing over the top but clean and stocked with specialty toiletries and good towels.

Upon entering the property, there is a gravel driveway with a fountain, very nicely designed to compliment the architecture of the inn. The reception desk, which during the day was manned by Dana, the manager, was located just inside the doors to the right. Straight ahead was the living room/lounge, with the dining area to its right. To the other side of the front desk was the open and airy staircase leading to several rooms upstairs, which all overlooked the back gardens. Between each upstairs dormer window overlooking the drive were niches with a chair and books. I am not familiar with the layouts of the first floor rooms.

Our favorite part of the stay was the quiet, calm atmosphere. The inn is tucked away - a short distance from the highway, but very secluded. At the rear of the house are gardens, with gravel pathways and a variety of natural plants, flowers, grasses, and cypress trees. The only sounds were those of the waves and the visiting quails that were digging for seeds in the garden.

We elected to spend most of our time relaxing, walking and reading, and this was the perfect place for that. It was no more than easy 1/2 mile by one path to the marine preserve. (I wanted to point that out, since a previous writer had said it was quite a distance. Certainly it would be if you had a two-year-old, but for most people, it's really not that far). There was another path, along the bluff overlooking the waves, which we took and liked even more.

The staff was very helpful, getting ice for us, extra water and Coke, suggesting walks in the nearby forests and giving us a map of that area in addition to a San Mateo County map.

The food was ok - afternoon hors d'oeuvres were veggies, dip, cheeses, and an artichoke dip. Breakfast the first morning was an egg and cheese dish, granola, oatmeal with various toppings, fruit, juices, coffee, tea, bagels, muffins... the second morning we had blueberry pancakes and eggs.

We drove into Half Moon Bay and were VERY glad that we'd chosen to stay here rather than there. The other locations we noticed were on the highway, and we appreciated the privacy and quiet with the ability to easily get to the action, so didn't mind not overlooking the water.

We'd go back again. For $240 + tax a night, we thought it was a pretty good deal.

PS It says we're from Los Angeles, Chile...no, we're from Southern California. Must've hit the wrong button!

A wonderful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member OlderStudent

We had a wonderful time at this great B&B. The people were very helpful, the room was very comfortable, and the homemade cookies baked fresh for visitors were delicious. Are only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

Very relaxing....

by TripAdvisor Member ColoradoSnowdog

Very relaxing.....loved the garden.....very quiet......close proximity to SF. The beds were very comfortable....The cookies were yummy.
Definitely will go back....The fireplace was a welcome treat in the evening....We loved our room....

Great chill out place

by TripAdvisor Member scottybob

Spent 5 nights here and it was perfect. Looks just like the pictures on Trip Advisor. Large comfortable room with balcony overlooking garden and with a view of the Pacific ocean through the trees. Breakfasts were great, and the afternoon snacks were excellent too. Great Artichoke dip, and great cakes. Staff very welcoming and helpful with ideas about walks and day trips.
Would definitely stay there again.

Great, quaint, wonderful service inn!

by TripAdvisor Member Cherrybeach1

We just stayed here and had a wonderful stay. The inn is lovely with wonderful touches that make your stay so pleasant - cookies and a great tea with appetizers. Very clean and up to date. Movies to borrow. Excellent breakfast. A short walk to the beach and the gardens are lovely. We'll return.

Comments